Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Helpm with time function
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Helpm with time function Post 302988315 by RudiC on Friday 23rd of December 2016 11:47:05 AM
Old 12-23-2016
Your specification is not too clear, and the code doesn't help understanding nor interpreting .
It is always beneficial to show WHAT exactly "doesn't work well". A few comments that jump to mind looking at your code :
- where is $7 used for computations?
- milkmonth and milkday will not have correct values as the substr parameters are wrong and could be moving.
- lastmilk is undefined for the first line, and not reset if $5 changes. This may be intended behaviour, though.
- endmilk is never used; why not drop it entirely?
- as startmilkdiff is the only variable in the printf stament, three %f format specifiers are redundant.
- as correspondent $5 values are NOT in sequence, you'd better work with arrays, or do a sort beforehand.

EDIT:
- plus, the mktime function requires 6 or 7 parameters; you supply 4 only.
- you want to output the difference in days, but calculate and print second values only.

Last edited by RudiC; 12-23-2016 at 01:15 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C time in milliseconds function.

I need a c function which return the time in: hour min sec and mil sec I am writing on unix os. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamil
3 Replies

2. Programming

find CPU Time for a function (subsecond precision)

Hi, I need to time a certain function in my C/C++ code and I am experiencing some difficulties. I timed it using wallclock time so I know that it takes approximately 500-600 microseconds with gettimeofday(&start, NULL); // my function call gettimeofday(&end, NULL); answer = (end.tv_sec -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zynnel
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

time function

Hi, I would like to display the exact time taken to complete running a particular tool or function or program to user I don't know the exact time functions in unix, please help me thanks in advance Example: $test.ksh output should be The... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hsekol
10 Replies

4. Programming

function time

Hello I have problem with function 'time' to test my program for file copying . How to run the function in my source code ? I try something like that: system("time"); < -- but this don't working (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotty_123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk Time Function

Hi All, I am using solaris and nawk. Is there any time function in nawk which is simliar to the shell `date` function ? Can any experts show any examples? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix function to calcuate the difference in time

HI , I need to get the timedifference between two values... which funcation will help eg: difference betweem 19:22 and 19:43 should give 21 mins (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: savitha
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

time function

hello everybody! i want to post a question. So, I use the command 'time a.out' to time the duration of the program a.out. The return value of this function was: real 0m4.116s user 0m4.112s sys 0m0.016s What i want is! I try to find a way to get (NOT manually) the value of real time.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

lightweight function for measuring time ( better than clock_getime )

HI I have a Red Hat Enterprise with Real Time kernel. Are you aware if there are C functions for this kernel or some code/library for this OS for measuring time more lightweight than clock_gettime and gettimeofday? THe hardware I have is NUMA. Reading forums I found gethrtime but it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manustone
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

/usr/bin/time Shell Scripting Function

Hello, I have made a Linux Shell Script that downloads 6 files from the Internet and then deletes them. Now i want to use the function "/usr/bin/time" and "bc" to calculate how long the avergate run time for the shell script is. I therefore need to do it 100 times. My shell script code is below: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solo2
6 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

'time' does NOT work on a function in 'dash'.

Hi guys and gals... I am writing a piece of code that is dash compliant and came across this error. I have put it in the OSX section as that is what I am using. I have no idea what the 'dash' version is but was installed about 6 months ago. MBP, OSX 10.12.6, default terminal running dash on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
4 Replies
PX_DATE2STRING(3)														 PX_DATE2STRING(3)

px_date2string - Converts a date into a string.

SYNOPSIS
string px_date2string (resource $pxdoc, int $value, string $format) DESCRIPTION
Turns a date as it stored in the paradox file into human readable format. Paradox dates are the number of days since 1.1.0000. This func- tion is just for convenience. It can be easily replaced by some math and the calendar functions as demonstrated in the example below. PARAMETERS
o $pxdoc - Resource identifier of the paradox database as returned by px_new(3). o $value - Value as stored in paradox database field of type PX_FIELD_DATE. o $format - String format similar to the format used by date(3). The placeholders support by this function is a subset of those supported by date(3) (Y, y, m, n, d, j, L). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Turn a paradox date into a human readable form <?php $px = px_new(); /* make up a date as it could be stored in */ /* a date field of a paradox db. */ /* 700000 days since 1.1.0000. */ $days = 700000; /* Use the calendar functions to print a */ /* human readable format of the date */ echo jdtogregorian($days+1721425)." "; /* px_date2string() outputs the same */ echo px_date2string($px, $days, "n/d/Y")." "; px_delete($px); ?> The above example will output: 7/15/1917 7/15/1917 SEE ALSO
px_timestamp2string(3), jdtogregorian(3). PHP Documentation Group PX_DATE2STRING(3)