Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to zip csv files having specific pattern in a directory using UNIX shell script? Post 302988300 by RudiC on Friday 23rd of December 2016 05:02:06 AM
Old 12-23-2016
Any attempts/ideas/thoughts from your side?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Shell script to chec timeout period when collecting files in directory - HELP

Hi, I have a shell script which is to perform a check if all 4 particular type of files exists in a directory. If ALL 4 files are present within a specific Timeframe, then tar these files and zip it. If not all 4 files are present in the directory after the specific timeframe, then tar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Danny Fang
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

extract field of characters after a specific pattern - using UNIX shell script

Hello, Below is my input file's content ( in HP-UX platform ): ABCD120672-B21 1 ABCD142257-002 1 ABCD142257-003 1 ABCD142257-006 1 From the above, I just want to get the field of 13 characters that comes after 'ABCD' i.e '120672-B21'... . Could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jansat
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

batch shell script to zip individual files in directory - help

help trying to figure out a batch shell script to zip each file in a directory into its own zip file using this code but it does not work tryed this also nothing seems to work , just ends without zipping any files i have over 3000 files i need to zip up individualy ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingchun22
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To write a shell script which groups files with certain pattern, create a tar and zip

Hi Guru's, I have to write a shell script which groups file names based upon the certain matching string pattern, then creates the Tar file for that particular group of files and then zips the Tar file created for the respective group of files. For example, In the given directory these files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahu_sg
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to zip users cmd history log files

I admit I am terrible with scripting, so when I was asked to store users' command history lines and zip them on monthly basis what I did was to create a file "user_history_Feb" with the following contents: Part A # more user_history_Feb cp -p /var/log/user_history/*history... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all the files under a specific directory and zip them into a single file.

Hi, Is there a way to find all the files from a specific location and then zip them into a single file, even if they are in multiple directories? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uncompressing .zip file specific directory Fedora 14

Hello, I have Fedora 14 installed on my machine I have a .zip file ( some latex package) which I want to unzip to some location in the Latex paths /usr/share.../texmf/.. so I went to super user mode, created the directory for this package over there, mkdir logo and tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayram
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to remove zip files from a directory

Hi Folks, There is a job which generates a .zip files every day at /usr/app/generated directory , now please advise for the script that will delete this zip files permanently.but while deleting it should make sure that it will not delete the last two days recently generated zip files and this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Shell Script in place of Perl script to Unzip the zip files.

Hi Expert, We have some shell scripts which Internally uses Perl Script to Unzip the source zip files which comes to inbound directory. So now our requirement is to avoid the dependency on Perl Script and us Shell Script to unzip the files. I have the Perl script with me attached can some one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen.dasu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting-I need a script which should watch a directory for a file with specific directory

I need a script which should watch a directory for a file with specific directory. If it finds a file in directory, it should search for few specific keyword in the file. if the keyword exists, it should trim string from specific column. The file should be moved to another directory and the a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashdeepak
8 Replies
ZIPGREP(1L)															       ZIPGREP(1L)

NAME
zipgrep - search files in a ZIP archive for lines matching a pattern SYNOPSIS
zipgrep [egrep_options] pattern file[.zip] [file(s) ...] [-x xfile(s) ...] DESCRIPTION
zipgrep will search files within a ZIP archive for lines matching the given string or pattern. zipgrep is a shell script and requires egrep(1) and unzip(1L) to function. Its output is identical to that of egrep(1). ARGUMENTS
pattern The pattern to be located within a ZIP archive. Any string or regular expression accepted by egrep(1) may be used. file[.zip] Path of the ZIP archive. (Wildcard expressions for the ZIP archive name are not supported.) If the literal filename is not found, the suffix .zip is appended. Note that self-extracting ZIP files are supported, as with any other ZIP archive; just specify the .exe suffix (if any) explicitly. [file(s)] An optional list of archive members to be processed, separated by spaces. If no member files are specified, all members of the ZIP archive are searched. Regular expressions (wildcards) may be used to match multiple members: * matches a sequence of 0 or more characters ? matches exactly 1 character [...] matches any single character found inside the brackets; ranges are specified by a beginning character, a hyphen, and an end- ing character. If an exclamation point or a caret (`!' or `^') follows the left bracket, then the range of characters within the brackets is complemented (that is, anything except the characters inside the brackets is considered a match). (Be sure to quote any character that might otherwise be interpreted or modified by the operating system.) [-x xfile(s)] An optional list of archive members to be excluded from processing. Since wildcard characters match directory separators (`/'), this option may be used to exclude any files that are in subdirectories. For example, ``zipgrep grumpy foo *.[ch] -x */*'' would search for the string ``grumpy'' in all C source files in the main directory of the ``foo'' archive, but none in any subdirectories. Without the -x option, all C source files in all directories within the zipfile would be searched. OPTIONS
All options prior to the ZIP archive filename are passed to egrep(1). SEE ALSO
egrep(1), unzip(1L), zip(1L), funzip(1L), zipcloak(1L), zipinfo(1L), zipnote(1L), zipsplit(1L) URL
The Info-ZIP home page is currently at http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ or ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ . AUTHORS
zipgrep was written by Jean-loup Gailly. Info-ZIP 20 April 2009 ZIPGREP(1L)