Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Cyberspace Situational Awareness - End of Year Research Update Post 302988287 by Neo on Friday 23rd of December 2016 01:05:58 AM
Old 12-23-2016
D3.js coders welcome! Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Cyberspace Situation Graphs - Cyberspace Situational Awareness

Hi. I've been very busy this month working on resurrecting my old projects related to "cyberspace situational awareness" (CSA) which began last month by surveying the downstream literature that referenced my papers in this area using Google Scholar and also ResearchGate and posting updates on my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Speed Bumps on the Road to Cyber Situational Awareness - Tim Bass

Speed Bumps on the Road to Cyber Situational Awareness Happy Holidays! (0 Replies)
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Calculating Warp Coordinates in Cyberspace - Cyberspace Situational Awareness

Please message me or post in this thread if anyone is interested in contributing some C, C++, or C# code for this project. Right now we have an open source C++ git project (created by someone else a few years ago) that fails when we try to compile on Ubuntu. I need someone to fix the make... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Application for Virtualizing CyberSpace like Outer Space for Cyberspace Situational Awareness

Richard Zuech annotates his first experience flying in virtualized cyberspace hunting the bad guys! ... and he finds some! Application for Virtualizing CyberSpace like Outer Space for Cyberspace Situational Awareness (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Virtualized Cyberspace, Cyberspace Consciousness and Simulation Theory - What Do You Think?

What do you think? Read this: Virtualized Cyberspace, Cyberspace Consciousness and Simulation Theory and comment below.... Are we in a computer simulation? Yes or No? Thanks! (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Virtualized Cyberspace - Visualizing Patterns & Anomalies for Cognitive Cyber Situational Awareness

Our team just published this technical report on ResearchGate: Virtualized Cyberspace - Visualizing Patterns & Anomalies for Cognitive Cyber Situational Awareness ABSTRACT ACKNOWLEDGMENTS Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License This... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Back to Cyber Situational Awareness Software Development

After mulling over self-publishing a cyberspace situational awareness mini-series starting with a short book on human cyber consciousness, I think it is best I delay writing a book and focus on software development. The general idea of human cyber consciousness is indirectly discussed in this... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
DBD::File::HowTo(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       DBD::File::HowTo(3)

NAME
DBD::File::HowTo - Guide to create DBD::File based driver SYNOPSIS
perldoc DBD::File::HowTo perldoc DBI perldoc DBI::DBD perldoc DBD::File::Developers perldoc DBI::DBD::SqlEngine::Developers perldoc DBI::DBD::SqlEngine perldoc SQL::Eval perldoc DBI::DBD::SqlEngine::HowTo perldoc SQL::Statement::Embed perldoc DBD::File perldoc DBD::File::HowTo perldoc DBD::File::Developers DESCRIPTION
This document provides a step-by-step guide, how to create a new "DBD::File" based DBD. It expects that you carefully read the DBI documentation and that you're familiar with DBI::DBD and had read and understood DBD::ExampleP. This document addresses experienced developers who are really sure that they need to invest time when writing a new DBI Driver. Writing a DBI Driver is neither a weekend project nor an easy job for hobby coders after work. Expect one or two man-month of time for the first start. Those who are still reading, should be able to sing the rules of "CREATING A NEW DRIVER" in DBI::DBD. Of course, DBD::File is a DBI::DBD::SqlEngine and you surely read DBI::DBD::SqlEngine::HowTo before continuing here. CREATING DRIVER CLASSES
Do you have an entry in DBI's DBD registry? For this guide, a prefix of "foo_" is assumed. Sample Skeleton package DBD::Foo; use strict; use warnings; use vars qw(@ISA $VERSION); use base qw(DBD::File); use DBI (); $VERSION = "0.001"; package DBD::Foo::dr; use vars qw(@ISA $imp_data_size); @ISA = qw(DBD::File::dr); $imp_data_size = 0; package DBD::Foo::db; use vars qw(@ISA $imp_data_size); @ISA = qw(DBD::File::db); $imp_data_size = 0; package DBD::Foo::st; use vars qw(@ISA $imp_data_size); @ISA = qw(DBD::File::st); $imp_data_size = 0; package DBD::Foo::Statement; use vars qw(@ISA); @ISA = qw(DBD::File::Statement); package DBD::Foo::Table; use vars qw(@ISA); @ISA = qw(DBD::File::Table); 1; Tiny, eh? And all you have now is a DBD named foo which will is able to deal with temporary tables, as long as you use SQL::Statement. In DBI::SQL::Nano environments, this DBD can do nothing. Start over Based on DBI::DBD::SqlEngine::HowTo, we're now having a driver which could do basic things. Of course, it should now derive from DBD::File instead of DBI::DBD::SqlEngine, shouldn't it? DBD::File extends DBI::DBD::SqlEngine to deal with any kind of files. In principle, the only extensions required are to the table class: package DBD::Foo::Table; sub bootstrap_table_meta { my ( $self, $dbh, $meta, $table ) = @_; # initialize all $meta attributes which might be relevant for # file2table return $self->SUPER::bootstrap_table_meta($dbh, $meta, $table); } sub init_table_meta { my ( $self, $dbh, $meta, $table ) = @_; # called after $meta contains the results from file2table # initialize all missing $meta attributes $self->SUPER::init_table_meta( $dbh, $meta, $table ); } In case "DBD::File::Table::open_file" doesn't open the files as the driver needs that, override it! sub open_file { my ( $self, $meta, $attrs, $flags ) = @_; # ensure that $meta->{f_dontopen} is set $self->SUPER::open_file( $meta, $attrs, $flags ); # now do what ever needs to be done } Combined with the methods implemented using the SQL::Statement::Embed guide, the table is full working and you could try a start over. User comfort "DBD::File" since 0.39 consolidates all persistent meta data of a table into a single structure stored in "$dbh->{f_meta}". With "DBD::File" version 0.41 and "DBI::DBD::SqlEngine" version 0.05, this consolidation moves to DBI::DBD::SqlEngine. It's still the "$dbh->{$drv_prefix . "_meta"}" attribute which cares, so what you learned at this place before, is still valid. sub init_valid_attributes { my $dbh = $_[0]; $dbh->SUPER::init_valid_attributes (); $dbh->{foo_valid_attrs} = { ... }; $dbh->{foo_readonly_attrs} = { ... }; $dbh->{foo_meta} = "foo_tables"; return $dbh; } See updates at "User comfort" in DBI::DBD::SqlEngine::HowTo. Testing Now you should have your own DBD::File based driver. Was easy, wasn't it? But does it work well? Prove it by writing tests and remember to use dbd_edit_mm_attribs from DBI::DBD to ensure testing even rare cases. AUTHOR
This guide is written by Jens Rehsack. DBD::File is written by Jochen Wiedmann and Jeff Zucker. The module DBD::File is currently maintained by H.Merijn Brand < h.m.brand at xs4all.nl > and Jens Rehsack < rehsack at googlemail.com > COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2010 by H.Merijn Brand & Jens Rehsack All rights reserved. You may freely distribute and/or modify this module under the terms of either the GNU General Public License (GPL) or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. perl v5.18.2 2013-04-04 DBD::File::HowTo(3)