Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Root access in OSX 10.12.2.
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Root access in OSX 10.12.2. Post 302988040 by wisecracker on Monday 19th of December 2016 11:28:47 PM
Old 12-20-2016
Hi [MA]Flying_Meat...

Thanks for the info.
After reading your post I did some research and found that this condition was enabled even in El Capitan. The code to run Quicktime Player worked in Sierra for versions 10.12.0 and 10.12.1 but has failed on 10.12.2.

As one can't change this condition temporarily on the fly inside a shell or applescript script then manually changing it by going through the rebooting is a non-starter.
I will see if I can do a workaround, if not then I will abandon this alternate audio capture for AudioScope on Apple gear entirely and stick to SOX as that works fine.

Thank you again for the information.

I will disable it on this laptop but leave it enabled on my virgin install iMac.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how to access root priveliges if root password is lost

wish to know how to access root password it root password is forgotten in linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

2. SCO

root access

We have SCO 5.0.5 and can't log into system as "root". The system indicates the password is incorrect. No one knows what happened. How can we resolve this issue.. Are there files we can restore from backup...? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RBurer
2 Replies

3. AIX

root access

Hello I have a question. I have a box with Aix 5.3 but I want to disable root access direct from any terminal or console. I mean If I want to login to 10.10.10.10 login:root password ********* Root access is not permited Which file I have to edit. to the users first login with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to allow access to some commands having root privleges to be run bu non root user

hi i am new to unix and i have abig task. i have to \run particular commands having root privileges from a non root user. i know sudo is one of the way but i need sum other approach kindly help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
5 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris 8 reset root password from OSX

Hello, I have two old Solaris machines $ uname -a SunOS unknown 5.8 Generic_117350-39 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-e2 unfortunately, it has been so long ago that i have used these that the root password has left my head... i can log into one of the machine as a normal user, but am unable to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Norman Khine
4 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

How to access a NTFS partition on hard drive through Terminal in OSX ?

Hi , I have a Mac OS X Lion mac book pro. I have a hard drive which I have partitioned in two (a) OSX Partition - Mac OS Extended Journaled format. Mount point: / (b) Data Partition - Windows NT Filesystem format. Mount point: /Volumes/Data I need to access the NTFS partition (I have a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neil.k
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync in osx - nondestructive with differnt names of root directory

normally I rsync -haPE source destination What I want to do is take a old ~ directory from an external drive and have it ONLY update missing files NOT replace existing files. excluding ~/library any help would be great. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give root access to non root user?

Currently in my system Red Hat is installed. And Many user connect to my machine via SSH Techia Terminal. I want to give some users a root level access. Can anyone please help me how to make it possible. I too searched on the Google but didn't find the correct way Regards ADI (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
4 Replies

9. SuSE

Auditors want more security with root to root access via ssh keys

I access over 100 SUSE SLES servers as root from my admin server, via ssh sessions using ssh keys, so I don't have to enter a password. My SUSE Admin server is setup in the following manner: 1) Remote root access is turned off in the sshd_config file. 2) I am the only user of this admin... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvbell
6 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Root access that can't change root password?

We are having a little problem on a server. We want that some users should be able to do e.g. sudo and become root, but with the restriction that the user can't change root password. That is, a guarantee that we still can login to that server and become root no matter of what the other users will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 244an
2 Replies
mixerctl(1)							   User Commands						       mixerctl(1)

NAME
mixerctl - audio mixer control command line application SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mixerctl [-a | -d dev] [-iv] [-e | -o] DESCRIPTION
Some audio devices support the audio mixer functionality. See mixer(7I) for a complete description of the audio mixer. The mixerctl command is used to control the mode of the audio mixer and to get information about the audio mixer and the audio device. See audio(7I) for details. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. If none are specified, option -i is assumed: -a The command applies to all audio devices. -d dev The dev argument specifies an alternate audio control device for the command to use. -e Enables the audio mixer function if the audio device supports it. If supported, the audio mixer may be enabled at any time. The command silently ignores the enable option if the audio mixer is already enabled. -i Prints the audio device type information for the device and indicates whether the audio device uses the audio mixer. If the device does use the audio mixer, this option displays the audio mixer's mode. -o Turns off the audio mixer function if the audio device supports it. If supported, the audio mixer may be turned off if only one process has the device opened with the O_RDWR flag, or, if two different processes have the device opened, one with the O_RDONLY flag and the other with the O_WRONLY flag. (See open(2).) The command silently ignores the disable option if the audio mixer function is already disabled. -v Verbose mode. Prints the audio_info_t structure for the device, along with the device type information. This option implies the -i option. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
AUDIODEV If the -d and -a options are not specified, the AUDIODEV environment variable is consulted. If set, AUDIODEV will contain the full path name of the user's default audio device. The default audio device will be converted into a control device, and then used. If the AUDIODEV variable is not set, /dev/audioctl is used. FILES
/dev/audioctl /dev/sound/{0...n}ctl ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC, x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWauda | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability Level |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
audioconvert(1), audioplay(1), audiorecord(1), open(2), attributes(5), usb_ac(7D), audio(7I), audio_support(7I), mixer(7I) SunOS 5.11 12 Mar 2001 mixerctl(1)