Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert Hex to Ascii in a Ascii file Post 302987950 by HemaV on Monday 19th of December 2016 01:31:41 AM
Old 12-19-2016
Convert Hex to Ascii in a Ascii file

Hi All,

I have an ascii file in which few columns are having hex values which i need to convert into ascii. Kindly suggest me what command can be used in unix shell scripting?

Thanks in Advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

converting hex to ascii

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows how to change hex code back into ascii. when i process a form: " / " turn to " %2F " " @ " turns to " %40 " " ' " turns to " %27 " " ( " turns to " %28 " " ) " turns to " %29 " this is my code so far: order.txt thanks, primal p.s.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: primal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ascii To Hex

How will I display on screen a UNIX ascii file with its HEX equivalent. I want to check whether 0D 0A is coming at the end of the file which I am generating from UNIX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: augustinep
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert hex to ascii text

Is there a command to convert hex characters into their respective ascii values? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

Hex characters of ascii file

Hi, Whats the command or how do you display the hexadecimal characters of an ascii file. thanks Bud (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
2 Replies

5. Linux

source code ASCII to HEx

Is there are any source code in ANSI C to convert ASCII to Hexa decimal. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thippeswamy
1 Replies

6. Programming

converaion ASCII to HEX

anyone knows any formulae or flow chart or procedure to convert ASCII characters into HEXA values... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thippeswamy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert ascii values into ascii characters

Hi gurus, I have a file in unix with ascii values. I need to convert all the ascii values in the file to ascii characters. File contains nearly 20000 records with ascii values. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeeppvk
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert file to ascii

I have a file in below format(ISO ) and to be convert to readable (.txt/Ascii) format .send me the commands/code please sample as follows 2043010101167157001190002010011120000000002144300000000000000000000 01022_ - %rE@ U...ug  47 56   d %rE@ 01022_ - $5 fy ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nalakaatslt
1 Replies

9. Programming

ascii to hex

Hello guys, i want to convert a text file to hex and have written this code : int main(int argc, char **argv) { ifstream file; string fileName = "CODEZ"; file.open(fileName.c_str()); // oeffen im Text-Modus if(file) {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingbruce
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting hex to ascii/decimal

I am writing a bash script to do some parsing on a log and I am running into a problem when it comes to converting only certain sections of the file from hex to ascii or hex to decimal. Data Example: The hex values after Hardware and SW Version I need to convert from Hex to ASCII and the... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiftkey
16 Replies
TTF2SVG(1)							   User Commands							TTF2SVG(1)

NAME
svgpp - font converter for SVG ttf2svg <ttf-path> [-l <range-begin>] [-h <range-end>] [-autorange] [-ascii] [-id <id>] [-o <output-path>] [-testcard] DESCRIPTION
Converts a true type font into a SVG font. <ttf-path> is the path of the font file to convert. OPTIONS
-l range-begin -h range-end specifies the range of characters (by codepoint, in decimal) to be converted, -ascii forces usage of the ASCII character map in the font, instead of the Unicode character map, -id id specifies the value for the id attribute of the generated font element, -o output-path specifies the pathname of the output SVG document containing the generated SVG font -testcard specifies that a sequence of SVG text elements should be appended to the output SVG file to test the characters in the SVG font, providing an easy way to validate that generated SVG font visually. JAVA-WRAPPERS NOTE This program is a shell script wrapper based on java-wrappers(7). You therefore benefit from several features; please see the java-wrap- pers(7) manual page for more information about them. AUTHORS
ttf2svg is part of batik, written by the Apache Software Foundation. This manual page was written by Vincent Fourmond <fourmond@debian.org> for the Debian Project, but may be used by others. SEE ALSO
The web page of batik, http://xml.apache.org/batik java-wrappers(7) Font converter for SVG January 2008 TTF2SVG(1)