Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unrecognized option: sparc-sun-Solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32' Post 302987764 by Corona688 on Thursday 15th of December 2016 10:20:28 AM
Old 12-15-2016
Oddly enough, -m32 only makes sense on 64-bit systems. If you have a 64 bit system and are building a 64 bit binary, it's not needed. If you have a 32 bit system and are building a 32 bit binary, it's not needed. If you have a 64-bit system and are building a 32-bit binary, then it's needed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unrecognized Path in .bash_profile

Dear experts, I have installed Ruby in the following directory: $ pwd /home/ewijaya/.ruby $ ls bin lib share And I have also stated the PATH in my bash_profile like this: # .bash_profile # Get the aliases and functions if ; then . ~/.bashrc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkfan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

recently introduced to the newer option for find...does an older option exist?

To find all the files in your home directory that have been edited in some way since the last tar file, use this command: find . -newer backup.tar.gz Is anyone familiar with an older solution? looking to identify files older then 15mins across several directories. thanks, manny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

3. Hardware

Unrecognized disk label of a external HD

I have a external HD that I can't seem to open. When I try to open it with gparted it says unrecognized disk. When I run gparted from the terminal this is what it says. ~ $ sudo gparted ====================== libparted : 2.2 ====================== /dev/sdb: unrecognised disk label When I... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
18 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

unrecognized vxfs version after vgimport

Hi! We have two HP-UX 11.23. I created VG on host A, exported and imported it on host B, but when I try to mount any LV I get "unrecognized vxfs version" version error. Could anyone please suggest something I can do in this situation? I tried to import VG back to host A and I successfully mounted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 9 : gcc unrecognized -rdynamic option

Hi all, I'm trying to compile gdb (7.4.1) 64 bit on Solaris 9 SPARC. First, I launch the configuration ~/gdb-7.4.1$>CC="gcc -m64" ./configure --disable-tui --prefix=$HOME/destdir/ Then, compilation ~/gdb-7.4.1$>make During compilation gcc (3.4.6) is not enable to recognized the option... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubsland
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unrecognized Spanish characters from windows to Linux

Background: I want to upload the file from windows to RHEL5 server, the file stores Spanish words with UTF-8 encoding. it's used as the data source for loading to database. some special characters in files like following. í ó Ñ á Linux setting: $ echo $LANG en_US.UTF-8 I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambious
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with unrecognized zip format

Hi Friend, i have tried to generated zip file and received with attached mail by. But attachment file is unrecognized format not zip file by crontab, which is not able open. but there is no issue when the script is ran manually but i have received zip format. i am appriciate for your... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
9 Replies

8. Hardware

Unrecognized disk label on my external HD

Hi everyone, I have an external hard drive and I accidentally deleted the partition table. Can I restore my files? If I try to run the f-disk command this is what it says Disk /dev/sda: 320.1 GB, 320072933376 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 38913 cylinders, total 625142448 sectors Units =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sampa
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Expert Recovery Shell - Fatal Error: Unrecognized disk layout

I have a B.11.31 U ia64 system where I swremove the disk driver "SerialSCSI-00 B.11.31.1303 PCI-X/PCI-E SerialSCSI" (by mistake). afterwards the system won;t boot because of the missing disk drivers. I'm trying to recover my kernel by using the image HP-ux_11_31_disc_1.iso Run an Expert... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: black_fender
1 Replies

10. SCO

Unsuccessful install due to unrecognized disk issue

Dear Community! i try to instaled the sco 6 in hp proliant ML350g8 but unsucces, the trouble when i do instaled it undetected hardisk please help me :(:o (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnr
7 Replies
ddi_dma_set_sbus64(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				    ddi_dma_set_sbus64(9F)

NAME
ddi_dma_set_sbus64 - allow 64-bit transfers on SBus SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_dma_set_sbus64(ddi_dma_handle_t handle, uint_t burstsizes); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
handle The handle filled in by a call to ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F). burstsizes The possible burst sizes the device's DMA engine can accept in 64-bit mode. DESCRIPTION
ddi_dma_set_sbus64() informs the system that the device wishes to perform 64-bit data transfers on the SBus. The driver must first allocate a DMA handle using ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F) with a ddi_dma_attr(9S) structure describing the DMA attributes for a 32-bit transfer mode. burstsizes describes the possible burst sizes the device's DMA engine can accept in 64-bit mode. It may be distinct from the burst sizes for 32-bit mode set in the ddi_dma_attr(9S) structure. The system will activate 64-bit SBus transfers if the SBus supports them. Other- wise, the SBus will operate in 32-bit mode. After DMA resources have been allocated (see ddi_dma_addr_bind_handle(9F) or ddi_dma_buf_bind_handle(9F)), the driver should retrieve the available burst sizes by calling ddi_dma_burstsizes(9F). This function will return the burst sizes in 64-bit mode if the system was able to activate 64-bit transfers. Otherwise burst sizes will be returned in 32-bit mode. RETURN VALUES
ddi_dma_set_sbus64() returns: DDI_SUCCESS Successfully set the SBus to 64-bit mode. DDI_FAILURE 64-bit mode could not be set. CONTEXT
ddi_dma_set_sbus64() can be called from user, kernel, or interrupt context. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SBus | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), ddi_dma_addr_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F), ddi_dma_buf_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_burstsizes(9F), ddi_dma_attr(9S) NOTES
64-bit SBus mode is activated on a per SBus slot basis. If there are multiple SBus cards in one slot, they all must operate in 64-bit mode or they all must operate in 32-bit mode. SunOS 5.11 1 Jan 1997 ddi_dma_set_sbus64(9F)