Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Concatenation lines based on first field of the lines Post 302987727 by Aia on Wednesday 14th of December 2016 11:30:37 PM
Old 12-15-2016
Code:
perl -pe 's/(?<!\d)\n/ /' file.txt

This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

add lines automatically based on a field on another file

hello I have a number of lines that need to be added at the end of a file each time I add a field in another file (let's name it file2) file2 has this format: filed1:field2:path1:path2:path3:path... Whenever I add a path field, I should add to file1 these lines: <Location path1>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk concatenation in different lines

Hi All I have the data as id-number 01 name-id x0 input-id x0 output-id x0 name-id x0 input-id x0 output-id x0 name-id x0 input-id x0 output-id x0 id-number 02 name-id x0 input-id x0 output-id x0 name-id x0 input-id x0 output-id x0 name-id x0 input-id x0 output-id x0 . . I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: posner
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines based on field and sort

I have a csv file that I would like to remove duplicate lines based on field 1 and sort. I don't care about any of the other fields but I still wanna keep there data intact. I was thinking I could do something like this but I have no idea how to print the full line with this. Please show any method... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple lines in file based on specific field

Hi, I have an issue to combine multiple lines of a file. I have records as below. Fields are delimited by TAB. Each lines are ending with a new line char (\n) Input -------- ABC 123456 abcde 987 890456 7890 xyz ght gtuv ABC 5tyin 1234 789 ghty kuio ABC ghty jind 1234 678 ght ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheesh2011
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

join 2 lines based on 1st field

hi i have a file with the following lines 2303:13593:137135 16 abc1 26213806....... 1234:45675:123456 16 bbc1 9813806....... 2303:13593:137135 17 bna1 26566444.... 1234:45675:123456 18 nnb1 98123456....... i want to join the lines having common 1st field i,e., ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two files, remove lines from second based on lines in first

I have two files, a keepout.txt and a database.csv. They're unsorted, but could be sorted. keepout: user1 buser3 anuser19 notheruser27 database: user1,2343,"information about",field,blah,34 user2,4231,"mo info",etc,stuff,43 notheruser27,4344,"hiya",thing,more thing,423... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: esoffron
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in Concatenation/Joining of lines in a dynamically generated file

Hi, I have a file containing many records delimited by pipe (|). Each record should contain 17 columnns/fields. there are some fields having fields less than 17.So i am extracting those records to a file using the below command awk 'BEGIN {FS="|"} NF !=17 {print}' feedfile.txt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk joining multiple lines based on field count

Hi Folks, I have a file with fields as follows which has last field in multiple lines. I would like to combine a line which has three fields with single field line for as shown in expected output. Please help. INPUT hname01 windows appnamec1eda_p1, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print lines based on text in field and value in two additional fields

In the awk below I am trying to print the entire line, along with the header row, if $2 is SNV or MNV or INDEL. If that condition is met or is true, and $3 is less than or equal to 0.05, then in $7 the sub pattern :GMAF= is found and the value after the = sign is checked. If that value is less than... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print lines based upon unique values in Nth field

For some reason I am having difficulty performing what should be a fairly easy task. I would like to print lines of a file that have a unique value in the first field. For example, I have a large data-set with the following excerpt: PS003,001 MZMWR/ L-DWD// * PS003,001... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)