Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Help with a Shell Script for a Job Post 302987597 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 13th of December 2016 08:24:59 AM
Old 12-13-2016
Welcome sam0912,

I have a few to questions pose in response first:-
  • What have you tried so far?
  • What output/errors do you get?
  • What OS and version are you using? Linux has many suppliers. is this Red Hat, Debian, Mint, Centos, ..... ?
  • What are your preferred tools? (C, shell, perl, awk, etc.)
  • What logical process have you considered? (to help steer us to follow what you are trying to achieve)
Most importantly, What have you tried so far?

There are probably many ways to achieve most tasks, so giving us an idea of your style and thoughts will help us guide you to an answer most suitable to you so you can adjust it to suit your needs in future.

We're all here to learn and getting the relevant information will help us all. We're not a code writing service, but will help you learn how to support your own work, as you know your needs far better than we can.

Kind regards,
Robin
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple instances of the job in shell script.

Hi, Please let us know how to create a multiple instances of a job in the shell script. Thanks. Gangegowda K.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gangegowda
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job shell script..

Hey Guys, i was trying out a shell script which has to remove a file for every 90 mins. this is the code i came up with . $ crontab -e file1 file1 contains 30 1 * * * * rm -r /folder1/folder2/somefile.txt Now i need the cron to run for every 90 mins. the problem with this is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a job to crontab via shell script

Is it possible to add a job to crontab with a shell script? The existing jobs in the crontab should exist as it was. The new job should be appended. Also, the crontab file is /var/spool/cron/root. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Job Status for running shell script

Hello, I am running a shell script whose execution often takes several hours to complete. Is there way I can get some kind of status update as the job is running? Something as simple as the start and the current time stamp. Thanks, Gussi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to do a work to my job, but i m new in script shell, someone can help with this..

I need to do a work to my job, but i m new in script shell, someone can help with this.. :confused: Description Bsafe The command creates a backup directory of each month at the command line (arguments of the script). The names of directories to copy will always be specified for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: strshel
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Shell Script gives error when run through cron job.

Hi, The following shell script runs without any problem when executed manulally. USED=$(df -h /arch | tail -1 | awk '{print $5}' | cut -d '%' -f 1) if then find /arch/AUBUAT/ -type f -mtime +0 | xargs rm find /arch/AUBMIG/ -type f -mtime +0 | xargs rm fi But the same gives below... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksadiq79
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron job for the created shell script

Hi am newbie for unix shell.. how to create a cron job for my already created shell script.:confused: Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit Shell Script with background job

Hi all, I am trying to exit a shell script (c shell) while invoking a job (service) that must run in the background: ...... /mydir/runservice & exit ...... There are downstream jobs and scripts that need to be run, but they all 'wait' for the script to exit. The script 'hangs' and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CKT_newbie88
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script - Finding Autosys job status

Hi, There are 2000 jobs in the list and i need to draw their status. I put all the jobs in the list and trying to read one by one from the list and to find out the status. Help me out in correcting the script. #!/bin/csh for a in $(cat Jobs_List.txt); do source <<path>> autorep -j $a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put the multiple job on-hold using shell script?

Hi.. I need to put multiple jobs on ON HOLD in Autosys.. please help me on this. For Example: 1)ABCD_EFGH_IJKL 2)abcd_efgh_ijkl (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maanjesh
2 Replies
subscription-manager-gui(8)				       Subscription Manager				       subscription-manager-gui(8)

NAME
subscription-manager-gui - Launches the UI client of the Subscription Manager. SYNOPSIS
subscription-manager-gui [--register] DESCRIPTION
subscription-manager-gui opens the local client tool to manage subscriptions and installed products on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. The same tasks that can be performed by invoking subscription-manager can be performed in the GUI, including registering systems with a subscription management service, applying and removing subscriptions, and viewing the subscription status of installed products. The Subscription Manager UI can also be opened by selecting the Red Hat Subscription Manager item from the Applications > System Tools menu in RHEL 5.x or the System > Administration menu in RHEL 6.x. OPTIONS
--register If a system has not yet been registered, then the GUI registration page can be opened immediately, as the Subscription Manager GUI comes up. This is only relevant for unregistered systems; if this is used after a system is registered, the option is ignored. REFERENCES
For procedures and tasks that can be performed in the Subscription Manager UI, check the Gnome help files (by pressing <F1>) or refer to the RHEL Subscription Management Guide at <https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Subscription_Management/1.0/html/Sub- scription_Management_Guide/index.html>. ASSOCIATED FILES
* /usr/sbin/subscription-manager-gui * /usr/sbin/subscription-manager * /etc/rhsm/rhsm.conf BUGS
This client is part of Red Hat Subscription Manager. To file bugs against this client, go to https://bugzilla.redhat.com, and select Red Hat > Red Hat Enterprise Linux > subscription-manager. AUTHORS
Deon Lackey, <dlackey@redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2010-2012 Red Hat, Inc. This is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPLv2). A copy of this license is available at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.txt. version 1.2 December 18, 2012 subscription-manager-gui(8)