Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network Connections
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Network Connections Post 302987545 by RudiC on Monday 12th of December 2016 11:47:14 AM
Old 12-12-2016
198.168.1.x is an address from the public internet as well (belongs to a company in Canada).
I guess you mean a private LAN (192.168.x.x)? And the ls command? You'll need to login on the "remote" node and the issue the command you want to run.
To give you any meaningful advice, there's way more detailed info necessary, as rbatte1 already pointed out!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX: X connections...?

Hello All, I have 2 qries about X connections on HP-UX : 1.How/where to determine whether "X connections" to the server are controlled. 2. How/where to determine whether "X11 connection" are tunnelled via ssh. 3. How/where to determine the "Time in minutes before unattended X terminals... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhayh
0 Replies

2. Linux

active network connections

how can i see active network connections (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: youmna
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Logging network connections

Hello, I have a centralized syslog server, and am wondering if there is a way to log all network connections to it (Primarily incoming, such as FTP, httpd, SSH, etc). Essentially what I would like is to get the information seen in netstat or lsof logged line by line, realtime. Is there a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abstrcrndm
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

preferred network connections

I rotate between a static lan, dhcp lan, and various wireless networks daily. Is there a way to set preferred network connections? I use some static ip's daily, some static ip's like once a month, and almost never use the dhcp lan. The same I do with my various wireless networks. Some I use daily... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

2 WAN connections on 1 switch/network

I want to know potential problems with the following scenario OR if it is an ok way to have my network setup: I have 2 WAN connections to the internet. I have each WAN connection plugged into its own router. Router DD-WRT is gateway for servers (192.0.10.50). Router Tomato is gateway for pc's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: herot
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Network becomes slow and return fast only after restart network

Hi, I have 2 machines in production environment: 1. redhat machine for application 2. DB machine (oracle) The application doing a lot of small read&writes from and to the DB machine. The problem is that after some few hours the network from the application to the DB becomes very slow and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Could you help me writing a script showing which network connections are currently active?

Could you help me writing a script showing which network connections are currently active? Means output should be something like: "eth0, wlan1, wlan3" Problem: The output is supposed to happen on a 16x2 LCD Display. Currently I am doing a "Ifconfig" as output, but its too fast for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordofazeroth
2 Replies
NOS-TUN(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						NOS-TUN(8)

NAME
nos-tun -- implement ``nos'' or ``ka9q'' style IP over IP tunnel SYNOPSIS
nos-tun -t tunnel -s source -d destination -p protocol_number [source] target DESCRIPTION
The nos-tun utility is used to establish an nos style tunnel, (also known as ka9q or IP-IP tunnel) using a tun(4) kernel interface. Tunnel is the name of the tunnel device /dev/tun0 for example. Source and destination are the addresses used on the tunnel device. If you configure the tunnel against a cisco router, use a netmask of ``255.255.255.252'' on the cisco. This is because the tunnel is a point-to-point interface in the FreeBSD end, a concept cisco does not really implement. Protocol number sets tunnel mode. Original KA9Q NOS uses 94 but many people use 4 on the worldwide backbone of ampr.org. Target is the address of the remote tunnel device, this must match the source address set on the remote end. EXAMPLES
This end, a FreeBSD box on address 192.168.59.34: nos-tun -t /dev/tun0 -s 192.168.61.1 -d 192.168.61.2 192.168.56.45 Remote cisco on address 192.168.56.45: interface tunnel 0 ip address 192.168.61.2 255.255.255.252 tunnel mode nos tunnel destination 192.168.59.34 tunnel source 192.168.56.45 AUTHORS
Nickolay N. Dudorov <nnd@itfs.nsk.su> wrote the program, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.org> wrote the man-page. Isao SEKI <iseki@gongon.com> added a new flag, IP protocol number. BUGS
We do not allow for setting our source address for multihomed machines. BSD
April 11, 1998 BSD