Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network Connections
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Network Connections Post 302987520 by Meow613 on Monday 12th of December 2016 01:00:25 AM
Old 12-12-2016
Network Connections

I have a static IP 47.21.154.146 and two computers which I wish to talk to each other. The two IPs are 198.168.1.5 and 198.168.1.6.

How do I do it. For example ls from one computer to the other.

TIA

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX: X connections...?

Hello All, I have 2 qries about X connections on HP-UX : 1.How/where to determine whether "X connections" to the server are controlled. 2. How/where to determine whether "X11 connection" are tunnelled via ssh. 3. How/where to determine the "Time in minutes before unattended X terminals... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhayh
0 Replies

2. Linux

active network connections

how can i see active network connections (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: youmna
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Logging network connections

Hello, I have a centralized syslog server, and am wondering if there is a way to log all network connections to it (Primarily incoming, such as FTP, httpd, SSH, etc). Essentially what I would like is to get the information seen in netstat or lsof logged line by line, realtime. Is there a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abstrcrndm
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

preferred network connections

I rotate between a static lan, dhcp lan, and various wireless networks daily. Is there a way to set preferred network connections? I use some static ip's daily, some static ip's like once a month, and almost never use the dhcp lan. The same I do with my various wireless networks. Some I use daily... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

2 WAN connections on 1 switch/network

I want to know potential problems with the following scenario OR if it is an ok way to have my network setup: I have 2 WAN connections to the internet. I have each WAN connection plugged into its own router. Router DD-WRT is gateway for servers (192.0.10.50). Router Tomato is gateway for pc's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: herot
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Network becomes slow and return fast only after restart network

Hi, I have 2 machines in production environment: 1. redhat machine for application 2. DB machine (oracle) The application doing a lot of small read&writes from and to the DB machine. The problem is that after some few hours the network from the application to the DB becomes very slow and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Could you help me writing a script showing which network connections are currently active?

Could you help me writing a script showing which network connections are currently active? Means output should be something like: "eth0, wlan1, wlan3" Problem: The output is supposed to happen on a 16x2 LCD Display. Currently I am doing a "Ifconfig" as output, but its too fast for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordofazeroth
2 Replies
TGN(1)																	    TGN(1)

NAME
tgn - a network traffic generator SYNOPSIS
tgn [-V] [-v] [-l] [-s random seed] [-w PCAP filename] [-o output speaker] [-c packet count] [-h] [PDU definition] DESCRIPTION
tgn is a network traffic generator. It is command-line interface (CLI) program that does the same thing as the send_network command of the Network Expect framework. Refer to nexp(1) for additional details regarding the send_network command. The only mandatory option is a PDU definition. The -c switch allows to specify the number of packets to send. If -c is not provided then the number of packets to send is calculated automatically based on the PDU definition. -V causes tgn to print its version number and exit. The -s flag allows to specify a random seed that will cause predicatibility of pseudo-random numbers generated by tgn during execution of a script. In cases where tgn is used as a protocol fuzzer, this option is useful to be able to re-generate a specific test case. -v increases the verbosity level. Additional information may be displayed when the verbosity level is higher. The -l flag causes tgn to display all available network speakers and exit. See nexp(1) for a discussion of network speakers. The -o flag allows to select a specific network speaker for output. Use the -l option to list available speakers. By default, the "ip" speaker (kernel-routed IP packet delivery) is tried first and if it is not available, which can happen if tgn is not run with root privileges, the "hex" speaker is used. The PDU definition is a string that defines a PDU. It uses libpbuild PDU syntax. EXAMPLES
shell# tgn -o eth0 "ip(dst = 192.168.1.1)/icmp-echo(id = 'random')" shell# tgn "ip(src = 192.168.0.1, dst = <192.168.0.10, 192.168.0.11>,ttl = <1, 2>)/" "tcp(src = 'random', dst = 22..25, window = 16384,syn, seq = 'random', ack-seq = 0)" shell# tgn -w /tmp/cap -c 5 "ether()/ip(dst = 1.2.3.4++)/icmp-echo(seq = 0++)" && wireshark /tmp/cap BUGS
tgn has not been ported to Microsoft Windows. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 1.0 of tgn. SEE ALSO
nexp-numspec(1), nexp-payload(1), nexp-ether(5), nexp-gre(5), nexp-ip(5), nexp-mpls(5), nexp(1) AUTHOR
Network Expect was written by Eloy Paris <peloy@netexpect.org>. However, Network Expect borrows ideas from lots of Open Source tools like Nemesis, Packit, hping, Expect, and Scapy. The Network Expect author is indebted to the authors of these tools for their contribution. This man page was written by Eloy Paris. 09 September 2009 TGN(1)