Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network Connections
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Network Connections Post 302987520 by Meow613 on Monday 12th of December 2016 01:00:25 AM
Old 12-12-2016
Network Connections

I have a static IP 47.21.154.146 and two computers which I wish to talk to each other. The two IPs are 198.168.1.5 and 198.168.1.6.

How do I do it. For example ls from one computer to the other.

TIA

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX: X connections...?

Hello All, I have 2 qries about X connections on HP-UX : 1.How/where to determine whether "X connections" to the server are controlled. 2. How/where to determine whether "X11 connection" are tunnelled via ssh. 3. How/where to determine the "Time in minutes before unattended X terminals... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhayh
0 Replies

2. Linux

active network connections

how can i see active network connections (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: youmna
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Logging network connections

Hello, I have a centralized syslog server, and am wondering if there is a way to log all network connections to it (Primarily incoming, such as FTP, httpd, SSH, etc). Essentially what I would like is to get the information seen in netstat or lsof logged line by line, realtime. Is there a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abstrcrndm
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

preferred network connections

I rotate between a static lan, dhcp lan, and various wireless networks daily. Is there a way to set preferred network connections? I use some static ip's daily, some static ip's like once a month, and almost never use the dhcp lan. The same I do with my various wireless networks. Some I use daily... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

2 WAN connections on 1 switch/network

I want to know potential problems with the following scenario OR if it is an ok way to have my network setup: I have 2 WAN connections to the internet. I have each WAN connection plugged into its own router. Router DD-WRT is gateway for servers (192.0.10.50). Router Tomato is gateway for pc's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: herot
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Network becomes slow and return fast only after restart network

Hi, I have 2 machines in production environment: 1. redhat machine for application 2. DB machine (oracle) The application doing a lot of small read&writes from and to the DB machine. The problem is that after some few hours the network from the application to the DB becomes very slow and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Could you help me writing a script showing which network connections are currently active?

Could you help me writing a script showing which network connections are currently active? Means output should be something like: "eth0, wlan1, wlan3" Problem: The output is supposed to happen on a 16x2 LCD Display. Currently I am doing a "Ifconfig" as output, but its too fast for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordofazeroth
2 Replies
SHOREWALL-EXCLUSION(5)						  [FIXME: manual]					    SHOREWALL-EXCLUSION(5)

NAME
exclusion - Exclude a set of hosts from a definition in a shorewall configuration file. SYNOPSIS
!address-or-range[,address-or-range]... !zone-name[,zone-name]... DESCRIPTION
The first form of exclusion is used when you wish to exclude one or more addresses from a definition. An exclaimation point is followed by a comma-separated list of addresses. The addresses may be single host addresses (e.g., 192.168.1.4) or they may be network addresses in CIDR format (e.g., 192.168.1.0/24). If your kernel and iptables include iprange support, you may also specify ranges of ip addresses of the form lowaddress-highaddress No embedded whitespace is allowed. Exclusion can appear after a list of addresses and/or address ranges. In that case, the final list of address is formed by taking the first list and then removing the addresses defined in the exclusion. Beginning in Shorewall 4.4.13, the second form of exclusion is allowed after all and any in the SOURCE and DEST columns of /etc/shorewall/rules. It allows you to omit arbitrary zones from the list generated by those key words. Warning If you omit a sub-zone and there is an explicit or explicit CONTINUE policy, a connection to/from that zone can still be matched by the rule generated for a parent zone. For example: /etc/shorewall/zones: #ZONE TYPE z1 ip z2:z1 ip ... /etc/shorewall/policy: #SOURCE DEST POLICY z1 net CONTINUE z2 net REJECT /etc/shorewall/rules: #ACTION SOURCE DEST PROTO DEST # PORT(S) ACCEPT all!z2 net tcp 22 In this case, SSH connections from z2 to net will be accepted by the generated z1 to net ACCEPT rule. In most contexts, ipset names can be used as an address-or-range. Beginning with Shorewall 4.4.14, ipset lists enclosed in +[...] may also be included (see shorewall-ipsets[1] (5)). The semantics of these lists when used in an exclusion are as follows: o !+[set1,set2,...setN] produces a packet match if the packet does not match at least one of the sets. In other words, it is like NOT match set1 OR NOT match set2 ... OR NOT match setN. o +[!set1,!set2,...!setN] produces a packet match if the packet does not match any of the sets. In other words, it is like NOT match set1 AND NOT match set2 ... AND NOT match setN. EXAMPLES
Example 1 - All IPv4 addresses except 192.168.3.4 !192.168.3.4 Example 2 - All IPv4 addresses except the network 192.168.1.0/24 and the host 10.2.3.4 !192.168.1.0/24,10.1.3.4 Example 3 - All IPv4 addresses except the range 192.168.1.3-192.168.1.12 and the network 10.0.0.0/8 !192.168.1.3-192.168.1.12,10.0.0.0/8 Example 4 - The network 192.168.1.0/24 except hosts 192.168.1.3 and 192.168.1.9 192.168.1.0/24!192.168.1.3,192.168.1.9 Example 5 - All parent zones except loc any!loc FILES
/etc/shorewall/hosts /etc/shorewall/masq /etc/shorewall/rules /etc/shorewall/tcrules SEE ALSO
shorewall(8), shorewall-accounting(5), shorewall-actions(5), shorewall-blacklist(5), shorewall-hosts(5), shorewall_interfaces(5), shorewall-ipsets(5), shorewall-maclist(5), shorewall-masq(5), shorewall-nat(5), shorewall-netmap(5), shorewall-params(5), shorewall-policy(5), shorewall-providers(5), shorewall-proxyarp(5), shorewall-rtrules(5), shorewall-routestopped(5), shorewall-rules(5), shorewall.conf(5), shorewall-secmarks(5), shorewall-tcclasses(5), shorewall-tcdevices(5), shorewall-tcrules(5), shorewall-tos(5), shorewall-tunnels(5), shorewall-zones(5) NOTES
1. shorewall-ipsets http://www.shorewall.net/manpages/shorewall-ipsets.html [FIXME: source] 06/28/2012 SHOREWALL-EXCLUSION(5)