Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to get data from SNAP file? Post 302987510 by filosophizer on Sunday 11th of December 2016 11:38:56 AM
Old 12-11-2016
How to get data from SNAP file?

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if can access
  1. /etc/environment from SNAP file
  2. to check the time zone from the snap file

Objective:
The timezone on the server was changed by someone to another timezone, so I want to check what is the old timezone was ?
I have an old SNAP file.

Does anyone if it stores Timezone in the snapfile and/or if the old timezone is stored somewhere in the AIX OS files ?

Thanks

Last edited by rbatte1; 12-12-2016 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: Converted textual list to number-formatted list

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dump .snap question

When using dump, a .snap directory is created in the partition being dumped. I have searched for the reason this directory is created but haven't found any information on its purpose. I have monitored the .snap directory during a dump and I have never seen any files appear in during the dump so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumper
3 Replies

2. AIX

script which take a snap shot of Topas

can any one give me a script which take a snap shot of Topas at a fix interval of 15min and save it in a perticular file!!!!!!!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snap file for other system?

Hi all For AIX we can snap -gc gather the info how abt other systems is solaris and linux? thanks in advance jiajin (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijiajin
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

SNAP EDR issue.

Hi, Does anybody use Enterprise Data Replicator for Network Attached Storage replication. If you do, Do you get the following message in replication logs. "Replication Source file agent No heart beats from the remote target agent on snap01 for 300 seconds: Assuming connection failure" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
1 Replies

5. AIX

Unable to execute snap command

Hi Friends, I am not able to execute snap -a command in AIX 6 system. Could you please let me know how to make work this command and Path to be set. Thanks in Advance Siva. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivakumarl
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mapping a data in a file and delete line in source file if data does not exist.

Hi Guys, Please help me with my problem here: I have a source file: 1212 23232 343434 ASAS1 4 3212 23232 343434 ASAS2 4 3234 23232 343434 QWQW1 4 1134 23232 343434 QWQW2 4 3212 23232 343434 QWQW3 4 and a mapping... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoro
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract header data from one file and combine it with data from another file

Hi, Great minds, I have some files, in fact header files, of CTD profiler, I tried a lot C programming, could not get output as I was expected, because my programming skills are very poor, finally, joined unix forum with the hope that, I may get what I want, from you people, Here I have attached... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
17 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Ubuntu snap deduplication

Hi, I think the ubuntu snap is great idea. However the fact that it may contain duplications has two disadvantages. 1) eating more space in the storage. 2) eating more space in the internal memory (RAM), it will load the same library more than once to the memory. Now the solution for this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
0 Replies
DATE_DEFAULT_TIMEZONE_GET(3)						 1					      DATE_DEFAULT_TIMEZONE_GET(3)

date_default_timezone_get - Gets the default timezone used by all date/time functions in a script

SYNOPSIS
string date_default_timezone_get (void ) DESCRIPTION
In order of preference, this function returns the default timezone by: o Reading the timezone set using the date_default_timezone_set(3) function (if any) o Prior to PHP 5.4.0 only: Reading the $TZ environment variable (if non empty) o Reading the value of the date.timezone ini option (if set) o Prior to PHP 5.4.0 only: Querying the host operating system (if supported and allowed by the OS). This uses an algorithm that has to guess the time- zone. This is by no means going to work correctly for every situation. A warning is shown when this stage is reached. Do not rely on it to be guessed correctly, and set date.timezone to the correct timezone instead. If none of the above succeed, date_default_timezone_get will return a default timezone of UTC. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | The TZ environment variable is no longer used to | | | guess the timezone. | | | | | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | The timezone is no longer guessed from informa- | | | tion available through the operating system as | | | the guessed timezone can not be relied on. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 Getting the default timezone <?php date_default_timezone_set('Europe/London'); if (date_default_timezone_get()) { echo 'date_default_timezone_set: ' . date_default_timezone_get() . '<br />'; } if (ini_get('date.timezone')) { echo 'date.timezone: ' . ini_get('date.timezone'); } ?> The above example will output something similar to: date_default_timezone_set: Europe/London date.timezone: Europe/London Example #2 Getting the abbreviation of a timezone <?php date_default_timezone_set('America/Los_Angeles'); echo date_default_timezone_get() . ' => ' . date('e') . ' => ' . date('T'); ?> The above example will output: America/Los_Angeles => America/Los_Angeles => PST SEE ALSO
date_default_timezone_set(3), "List of Supported Timezones". PHP Documentation Group DATE_DEFAULT_TIMEZONE_GET(3)