Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split file into multiple files using awk Post 302987436 by RudiC on Friday 9th of December 2016 06:40:51 AM
Old 12-09-2016
The original FTAIL record should be ignored UNLESS the input file's structure is different from what you posted. Is it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file into multiple files

I have a file ehich has multiple create statements as create abc 123 one two create xyz 456 four five create nnn 666 six four I want to separte each create statement in seperate files (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: glamo_2312
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

split a file into multiple files

Hi All, I have a file ABC.txt and I need to split this file on every 250 rows. And the file name should be ABC1.txt , ABC2.txt and so on. I tried with split command split -l 250 <filename> '<filename>' but the file name returned was ABC.txtaa ABC.txtab. Please... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar66
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file into multiple files

Hi, i have a file like this: 1|2|3|4|5| 1|2|8|4|6| Trailer1||||| 1|2|3| Trailer2||| 3|4|5|6| 3|4|5|7| 3|4|5|8| Trailer2||| I want to generate 3 files out of this based on the trailer record. Trailer record string can be different for each file or it may be same for one or two. No... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: pparthji
24 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split line to multiple files Awk/Sed/Shell Script help

Hi, I need help to split lines from a file into multiple files. my input look like this: 13 23 45 45 6 7 33 44 55 66 7 13 34 5 6 7 87 45 7 8 8 9 13 44 55 66 77 8 44 66 88 99 6 I want to split every 3 lines from this file to be written to individual files. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file into multiple files

Hi I have a file that has multiple sequences; the sequence name is the line starting with '>'. It looks like below: infile.txt: >HE_ER tttggtgccttgactcggattgggggacctcccttgggagatcaatcccctgtcctcctgctctttgctc cgtgaaaaggatccacctatgacctctagtcctcagacccaccagcccaaggaacatctcaccaatttca >M7B_Ho_sap... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdhahbi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file into multiple files

Hi, I have a file of the following syntax that has around 120K records that are tab separated. input.txt abc def klm 20 76 . + . klm_mango unix_00000001; abc def klm 83 84 . + . klm_mango unix_0000103; abc def klm 415 439 . + . klm_mango unix_00001043; I am looking for an awk oneliner... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split file into multiple files using awk based on 1 field in the file?

Good day all I need some helps, say that I have data like below, each field separated by a tab DATE NAME ADDRESS 15/7/2012 LX a.b.c 15/7/2012 LX1 a.b.c 16/7/2012 AB a.b.c 16/7/2012 AB2 a.b.c 15/7/2012 LX2 a.b.c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexyyw
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to split file into multiple files based on many columns

So I have a space delimited file that I'd like to split into multiple files based on multiple column values. This is what my data looks like 1bc9A02 1 10 1000 FTDLNLVQALRQFLWSFRLPGEAQKIDRMMEAFAQRYCQCNNGVFQSTDTCYVLSFAIIMLNTSLHNPNVKDKPTVERFIAMNRGINDGGDLPEELLRNLYESIKNEPFKIPELEHHHHHH 1ku1A02 1 10... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: viored
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a big file into multiple files using awk

this thread is a continuation from previous thread https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/223901-split-big-file-into-multiple-files-based-first-four-characters.html ..I am using awk to split file and I have a syntax error while executing the below code I am using AIX 7.2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldev
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to split file using multiple deliminators

I am trying to use awk to split a input file using multiple delimiters :-|. The input file is just one field and the output is 6 tab-delimited fields. The awk below does run and works as expected until I add the third delimiter |, which gives the current output below. I am not sure what is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
fwtmp(1M)																 fwtmp(1M)

NAME
fwtmp, wtmpfix - manipulate connect accounting records SYNOPSIS
[files] DESCRIPTION
fwtmp reads from the standard input and writes to the standard output, converting binary records of the type found in to formatted ASCII records. The ASCII version is useful to enable editing, via ed(1), bad records or for general purpose maintenance of the file. The argument is used to denote that input is in ASCII form, and output is to be written in binary form. The arguments and are independent, respectively specifying ASCII input and binary output. Therefor, is an ASCII to ASCII copy and is a binary to binary copy. should be used for reading If is not used, structure is read. wtmpfix examines the standard input or named files in format, corrects the time/date stamps to make the entries consistent, and writes to the stan- dard output. A can be used in place of files to indicate the standard input. If time/date corrections are not performed, will fault when it encounters certain date-change records. Each time the date is set, a pair of date change records is written to The first record is the old date denoted by the string old time placed in the line field and the flag placed in the type field of the structure. The second record specifies the new date, and is denoted by the string placed in the line field and the flag placed in the type field. uses these records to synchronize all time stamps in the file. nullifies date change records when writing to the standard output by setting the time field of the structure in the old date change record equal to the time field in the new date change record. This prevents and from factoring in a date change record pair more than once. In addition to correcting time/date stamps, wtmpfix checks the validity of the name field to ensure that it consists solely of alphanumeric characters or spaces. If it encounters a name that is considered invalid, it changes the login name to and writes a diagnostic to the standard error. This minimizes the risk that will fail when processing connect accounting records. DIAGNOSTICS
wtmpfix generates the following diagnostics messages: WARNINGS
generates no errors, even on garbage input. FILES
SEE ALSO
ed(1), acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctcom(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), acctsh(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct(4), utmp(4), wtmps(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
fwtmp(1M)