Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print remaining lines using grep Post 302987390 by RavinderSingh13 on Thursday 8th of December 2016 02:51:07 PM
Old 12-08-2016
Hello rohit_shinez,

Could you please try following and let me know if this helps.
Code:
awk '($1 ~ /ERROR/){Q=$0;next} ($1 ~ /ID/){print Q ORS "There is Error for ID " $NF}'   Input_file

Output will be as follows.
Code:
ERROR - Not a valid
There is Error for ID 123
ERROR - Not a valid
There is Error for ID 124
ERROR - Not a valid
There is Error for ID 12

Thanks,
R. Singh

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print remaining file after a condition is satisfied

Hi , could any one suggest me that how to determine if the first field is numeric and if it is greater than another number then from that point everything else should be printed using awk. I have tried this : awk -v xxxx=$xxxxx ' BEGIN { enable=0 } { print $1 if ( ( $1 !~ "^*$" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines after grep

Hi all, I need help in following scenario. I have a file with about 10,000 lines. There are several lines which have word "START" (all upper case) in them. I want to grep line with word "START" and then do the following 1. Print the line number having word "START" 2. Print the next 11 lines. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print remaining part from the first-match within a file

Hi, i was looking for unix command(s) for : find the first occurrence of a given pattern with in a file and print the remaining part. below is an example of what i am looking for: lets say, a file named myfile.txt now, the command i am looking for will do the following (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurulamin862
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX equivalent to GNU grep's -B and -A [print lines after or before matching lines]

Hi folks I am not allowed to install GNU grep on AIX. Here my code excerpt: grep_fatal () { /usr/sfw/bin/gegrep -B4 -A2 "FATAL|QUEUE|SIGHUP" } Howto the same on AIX based machine? from manual GNU grep ‘--after-context=num’ Print num lines of trailing context after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines between two lines after grep for a text string

I have several very large file that are extracts from Oracle tables. These files are formatted in XML type syntax with multiple entries like: <ROW> some information more information </ROW> I want to grep for some words, then print all lines between <ROW> AND </ROW>. Can this be done with AWK?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbruce
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the above and below lines for the grep pattern.

Hi, i would like to get the above and below lines of the grep pattern . For ex : file as below: chk1- aaaa 1-Nov chk2 -aaaa ########## chk1-bbbbbb 1-Nov chk2-bbbbbb ######### my search pattern is date : 1-Nov i need the o/p as below chk1- aaaa 1-Nov (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: expert
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines before and after..not grep -A

Hi I have this in my file 2011-04-18 15:32:11 system-alert-00012: UDP flood! From xxxxxx to yyyyyyyyyy, int ethernet0/2). Occurred 1 times. 2011-04-18 15:32:11 system-alert-00012: UDP flood! From xxxxxx to yyyyyyyyyy, int ethernet0/2). Occurred 1 times. 2011-04-18 15:32:11... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print N number of lines before and after the grep?

Hi , My record file , need to print up to above (DATA array)(there may be n no lines ) , grep "myvalue" row now .....suggest me some options --- DATA Array--- record type xxxxx sequence type yyyyy 2 3---> data1 /dev/ --- DEVICE --- MAXIMUM_People= data_blocks= MY_value=2 xyz abc ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huvan
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: duplicate column and print remaining as is

Hello there I'd like to make a copy of 2nd column and have it printed in place of column 1. Remaining columns are needed as it. test data: ProbeSet GeneSymbol X22565285 X22566285 ILMN_1050008 MYOCD 6.577 7.395 ILMN_1050014 GPRC6A 6.595 6.668 ILMN_1050017 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
2 Replies
Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader - fake Mail::Header INHERITANCE
Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader is a Mail::Message::Head::Complete is a Mail::Message::Head is a Mail::Reporter SYNOPSIS
!!! ALPHA CODE !!! # change use Mail::Internet; use Mail::Header; # into use Mail::Message::Replace::MailInternet; # in existing code, and the code should still work, but # with the Mail::Message features. DESCRIPTION
This module is a wrapper around a Mail::Message::Head::Complete, which simulates a Mail::Header object. The name-space of that module is hijacked and many methods are added. Most methods will work without any change, but you should test your software again. Small changes have been made to fold_length(), header_hashref(). OVERLOADED
overload: ""() See "OVERLOADED" in Mail::Message::Head overload: bool() See "OVERLOADED" in Mail::Message::Head METHODS
Constructors $obj->build([PAIR|FIELD]-LIST) See "Constructors" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->clone([NAMES|ARRAY-OF-NAMES|REGEXS]) See "Constructors" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader->new([ARG], OPTIONS) The ARG is an array with header lines. -Option --Defined in --Default FoldLength 79 MailFrom 'KEEP' Modify <false> field_type Mail::Message::Head Mail::Message::Field::Fast log Mail::Reporter 'WARNINGS' message Mail::Message::Head undef modified Mail::Message::Head <false> trace Mail::Reporter 'WARNINGS' FoldLength => INTEGER MailFrom => 'IGNORE'|'ERROR'|'COERCE'|'KEEP' How to handle the "From " lines. See mail_from(). Modify => BOOLEAN Reformat all header lines when they come in: change the folding. field_type => CLASS log => LEVEL message => MESSAGE modified => BOOLEAN trace => LEVEL The header $obj->isDelayed() See "The header" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->isEmpty() See "The header" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->isModified() See "The header" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->knownNames() See "The header" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->message([MESSAGE]) See "The header" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->modified([BOOLEAN]) See "The header" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->nrLines() See "The header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->orderedFields() See "The header" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->size() See "The header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->wrap(INTEGER) See "The header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete Access to the header $obj->add(LINE, [INDEX]) Add a header line, which simply calls "Mail::Message::Head::add()" on the header for the specified LINE. The INDEX is ignored, the unfolded body of the field is returned. $obj->addListGroup(OBJECT) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->addResentGroup(RESENT-GROUP|DATA) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->addSpamGroup(OBJECT) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->count(NAME) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->delete(TAG, [INDEX]) Delete the fields with the specified TAG. The deleted fields are returned. If no index is given, then all are removed. $obj->get(NAME, [INDEX]) Get all the header fields with the specified NAME. In scalar context, only the first fitting NAME is returned. Even when only one NAME is specified, multiple lines may be returned in list context: some fields appear more than once in a header. $obj->grepNames([NAMES|ARRAY-OF-NAMES|REGEXS]) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->listGroup() See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->names() See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->print([FILEHANDLE]) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->printSelected(FILEHANDLE, (STRING|REGEXP)s) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->printUndisclosed([FILEHANDLE]) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->removeContentInfo() See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->removeField(FIELD) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->removeFields(STRING|REGEXP, [STRING|REGEXP, ...]) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->removeFieldsExcept(STRING|REGEXP, [STRING|REGEXP, ...]) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->removeListGroup() See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->removeResentGroups() See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->removeSpamGroups() See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->replace(TAG, LINE, [INDEX]) Replace the field named TAG. from place INDEX (by default the first) by the LINE. When TAG is "undef", it will be extracted from the LINE first. This calls Mail::Message::Head::Complete::reset() on the message's head. $obj->resentGroups() See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->reset(NAME, FIELDS) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->set(FIELD | LINE | (NAME, BODY [,ATTRS])) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->spamDetected() See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->spamGroups([NAMES]) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->string() See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->study(NAME [,INDEX]) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head About the body $obj->guessBodySize() See "About the body" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->guessTimeStamp() See "About the body" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->isMultipart() See "About the body" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->recvstamp() See "About the body" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->timestamp() See "About the body" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete Internals $obj->addNoRealize(FIELD) See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->addOrderedFields(FIELDS) See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->createFromLine() See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->createMessageId() See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->fileLocation() See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->load() See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->messageIdPrefix([PREFIX, [HOSTNAME]|CODE]) Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader->messageIdPrefix([PREFIX, [HOSTNAME]|CODE]) See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->moveLocation(DISTANCE) See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->setNoRealize(FIELD) See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Head Error handling $obj->AUTOLOAD() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->addReport(OBJECT) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->defaultTrace([LEVEL]|[LOGLEVEL, TRACELEVEL]|[LEVEL, CALLBACK]) Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader->defaultTrace([LEVEL]|[LOGLEVEL, TRACELEVEL]|[LEVEL, CALLBACK]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->errors() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->log([LEVEL [,STRINGS]]) Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader->log([LEVEL [,STRINGS]]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->logPriority(LEVEL) Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader->logPriority(LEVEL) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->logSettings() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->notImplemented() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->report([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->reportAll([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->trace([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->warnings() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter Cleanup $obj->DESTROY() See "Cleanup" in Mail::Reporter $obj->inGlobalDestruction() See "Cleanup" in Mail::Reporter Access to the header Simulating Mail::Header $obj->as_string() Returns the whole header as one big scalar. Calls Mail::Message::Head::Complete::string(). $obj->cleanup() Cleanup memory usage. Not needed here. $obj->combine(TAG, [WITH]) I do not see any valid reason for this command, so did not implement it. $obj->dup() Duplicate the header, which is simply clone(). $obj->empty() Clean-out the whole hash. Better not use this (simply create another header object), although it should work. $obj->exists() Returns whether there are any fields. $obj->extract(ARRAY) Extract (and remove) header fields from the array. $obj->fold([LENGTH]) Refold all fields in the header, to LENGTH or whatever fold_length() returns. $obj->fold_length([[TAG], LENGTH]) Returns the line wrap, optionally after setting it to LENGTH. The old value is returned. The TAG argument is ignored, because it is silly to have different lines fold in different ways. This method cannot be called statically anymore. $obj->header([ARRAY]) Extract the fields from the ARRAY, if specified, and then fold the fields. Returned is an array with all fields, produced via orderedFields(). $obj->header_hashref(HASH) If you are using this method, you must be stupid... anyway: I do not want to support it for now: use add() and friends. $obj->mail_from(['IGNORE'|'ERROR'|'COERCE'|'KEEP']) What to do when a header line in the form `From ' is encountered. Valid values are "IGNORE" - ignore and discard the header, "ERROR" - invoke an error (call die), "COERCE" - rename them as Mail-From and "KEEP" - keep them. $obj->modify([BOOLEAN]) Refold the headers when they are added. $obj->read(FILE) Read the header from the FILE. $obj->tags() Returns all the names of fields, implemented by Mail::Message::Head::Complete::names(). $obj->unfold([TAG]) Remove the folding for all instances of TAG, or all fields at once. The nasty bits $obj->isa(CLASS) Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader->isa(CLASS) Of course, the "isa()" class inheritance check should not see our nasty trick. DIAGNOSTICS
Warning: Cannot remove field $name from header: not found. You ask to remove a field which is not known in the header. Using delete(), reset(), or set() to do the job will not result in warnings: those methods check the existence of the field first. Warning: Field objects have an implied name ($name) Error: Package $package does not implement $method. Fatal error: the specific package (or one of its superclasses) does not implement this method where it should. This message means that some other related classes do implement this method however the class at hand does not. Probably you should investigate this and probably inform the author of the package. SEE ALSO
This module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.105, built on May 07, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2001-2012 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader(3pm)