Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell scripting Post 302987286 by itkamaraj on Thursday 8th of December 2016 03:06:06 AM
Old 12-08-2016
its wildcard

refer more details from this link

Code:
?	any single character, except a leading dot
*	zero or more characters, except a leading dot
[ ]	defines a class of characters ( - for range, ! to exclude)

This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Shell scripting vs Perl scripting

Hi all, I would like to start developping some good scripting skills. Do you think it would be best to start with shell scripting or Perl? I already got a fundation, really basics, in perl. but I am wondering what would be best to be good at first. Can you please help me determine which one to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
14 Replies

4. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Perl scripting or shell scripting?

i am going to study any one of the scripting languages mentioned above(shell 0r perl scripting) . Which is having more scope for a fresher? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripting

Hey I have a data in the file named as outputFile.txt. The data is in the format 123456,12345678912345,400,09/09/09,INACTIVE. I want this output without commas ie 12345612345678912345400090909INACTIVE. Please tell me what to do and clear explain all the terms, as I am new to it. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampandey31
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting

Hi, if in a network there are lots of PCs connected with either windows or linux as operating system.Then what will be the shell script for the same and also if the PC has linux in it then we have to find if it is occupied or unoccupied. If the PC has windows in it then we have to find if it is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: akansha singh
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me in Shell Scripting

Hi there please have a look at the code..i want to create Using a named pipe. Run a find in the background starting in the working directory While this is happening wait for input from the user to ask him which file to find. If the user does not enter any data in 10 seconds ask the user again.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kattak1511
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies
FSVS - URL format(5)						       fsvs						      FSVS - URL format(5)

NAME
Format of URLs - FSVS can use more than one URL; the given URLs are overlaid according to their priority. FSVS can use more than one URL; the given URLs are overlaid according to their priority. For easier managing they get a name, and can optionally take a target revision. Such an extended URL has the form ['name:'{name},]['target:'{t-rev},]['prio:'{prio},]URL where URL is a standard URL known by subversion -- something like http://...., svn://... or svn+ssh://.... The arguments before the URL are optional and can be in any order; the URL must be last. Example: name:perl,prio:5,svn://... or, using abbreviations, N:perl,P:5,T:324,svn://... Please mind that the full syntax is in lower case, whereas the abbreviations are capitalized! Internally the : is looked for, and if the part before this character is a known keyword, it is used. As soon as we find an unknown keyword we treat it as an URL, ie. stop processing. The priority is in reverse numeric order - the lower the number, the higher the priority. (See url__current_has_precedence() ) Why a priority? When we have to overlay several URLs, we have to know which URL takes precedence - in case the same entry is in more than one. (Which is not recommended!) Why a name? We need a name, so that the user can say 'commit all outstanding changes to the repository at URL x', without having to remember the full URL. After all, this URL should already be known, as there's a list of URLs to update from. You should only use alphanumeric characters and the underscore here; or, in other words, w or [a-zA-Z0-9_]. (Whitespace, comma and semicolon get used as separators.) What can I do with the target revision? Using the target revision you can tell fsvs that it should use the given revision number as destination revision - so update would go there, but not further. Please note that the given revision number overrides the -r parameter; this sets the destination for all URLs. The default target is HEAD. Note: In subversion you can enter URL@revision - this syntax may be implemented in fsvs too. (But it has the problem, that as soon as you have a @ in the URL, you must give the target revision every time!) There's an additional internal number - why that? This internal number is not for use by the user. It is just used to have an unique identifier for an URL, without using the full string. On my system the package names are on average 12.3 characters long (1024 packages with 12629 bytes, including newline): COLUMNS=200 dpkg-query -l | cut -c5- | cut -f1 -d' ' | wc So if we store an id of the url instead of the name, we have approx. 4 bytes per entry (length of strings of numbers from 1 to 1024). Whereas using the needs name 12.3 characters, that's a difference of 8.3 per entry. Multiplied with 150 000 entries we get about 1MB difference in filesize of the dir-file. Not really small ... And using the whole URL would inflate that much more. Currently we use about 92 bytes per entry. So we'd (unnecessarily) increase the size by about 10%. That's why there's an url_t::internal_number. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for fsvs from the source code. Version trunk:2424 11 Mar 2010 FSVS - URL format(5)