Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Power Cut
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Power Cut Post 302987196 by batchenr on Wednesday 7th of December 2016 01:44:27 AM
Old 12-07-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadimotamedi
Dear All
I am using a redhat server for cdr billing and mediation device on a remote network. I am experiencing problem that I am suspicious it comes from main supply power cut at the remote site. The power supply to the remote site comes from battery charger that will be automatically switched in circuit under main supply power cut but cannot provide adequate power for more than 2 hours . I am suspicious that the remote system is suffering from many frequent main supply power cut . Can you please do me favor and let me know if there is any log on my redhat server that I can check to see if there would be many frequent power cut there ?
Thank you for your time
hi,

you can try dmesg

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Command error cut: Bad range

Hi Can anyone what I am doing wrong while using cut command. for f in *.log do logfilename=$f Log "Log file Name: $logfilename" logfile1=`basename $logfilename .log` flength=${#logfile1} Log "file length $flength" from_length=$(($flength - 15)) Log "from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cut command: can't make it cut fields

I'm a complete beginner in UNIX (and not a computer science student either), just undergoing a tutoring course. Trying to replicate the instructions on my own I directed output of the ls listing command (lists all files of my home directory ) to My_dir.tsv file (see the screenshot) to make use of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using :<<cut / cut to comment out block of bash script

I am using : << cut / cut to comment out block of code. Works fine on few lines of script, then it gives me this cryptic error when I try to comment out about 80 lines. The "warning " is at last line of script. done < results 169 echo "END read all positioning parameters" 170... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
8 Replies
pm(9P)							   Kernel Properties for Drivers						    pm(9P)

NAME
pm - Power Management properties DESCRIPTION
The pm-hardware-state property can be used to influence the behavior of the Power Management framework. Its syntax and interpretation is described below. Note that this property is only interpreted by the system immediately after the device has successfully attached. Changes in the property made by the driver after the driver has attached will not be recognized. pm-hardware-state is a string-valued property. The existence of the pm-hardware-state property indicates that a device needs special han- dling by the Power Management framework with regard to its hardware state. If the value of this property is needs-suspend-resume, the device has a hardware state that cannot be deduced by the framework. The frame- work definition of a device with hardware state is one with a reg property. Some drivers, such as SCSI disk and tape drivers, have no reg property but manage devices with "remote" hardware. Such a device must have a pm-hardware-state property with a value of needs-suspend- resume for the system to identify it as needing a call to its detach(9E) entry point with command DDI_SUSPEND when system is suspended, and a call to attach(9E) with command DDI_RESUME when system is resumed. For devices using original Power Management interfaces (which are now obsolete) detach(9E) is also called with DDI_PM_SUSPEND before power is removed from the device, and attach(9E) is called with DDI_PM_RESUME after power is restored. A value of no-suspend-resume indicates that, in spite of the existence of a reg property, a device has no hardware state that needs saving and restoring. A device exporting this property will not have its detach() entry point called with command DDI_SUSPEND when system is sus- pended, nor will its attach() entry point be called with command DDI_RESUME when system is resumed. For devices using the original (and now obsolete) Power Management interfaces, detach(9E) will not be called with DDI_PM_SUSPEND command before power is removed from the device, nor attach(9E) will be called with DDI_PM_RESUME command after power is restored to the device. A value of parental-suspend-resume indicates that the device does not implement the detach(9E) DDI_SUSPEND semantics, nor the attach() DDI_RESUME semantics, but that a call should be made up the device tree by the framework to effect the saving and/or restoring of hardware state for this device. For devices using original Power Management interfaces (which are now obsolete), it also indicates that the device does not implement the detach(9E) DDI_PM_SUSPEND semantics, nor the attach(9E) DDI_PM_RESUME semantics, but that a call should be made up the device tree by the framework to effect the saving and/or restoring the hardware state for this device. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------------+--------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------------+--------------------------------+ |Interface stability |Evolving | +--------------------------+--------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
power.conf(4), pm(7D), attach(9E), detach(9E), pm_busy_component(9F), pm_idle_component(9F), pm-components(9P) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 20 Jan 2004 pm(9P)