Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to grep the process
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unable to grep the process Post 302987133 by mohtashims on Tuesday 6th of December 2016 03:56:07 AM
Old 12-06-2016
Bug

The issue is not to do with different users or different putty session. Becoz i Cannot find i.e grep for the logginexpert.sh script with the same user in the same putty session.

Also,

Code:
  /bin/ps -fu | /bin/grep ex
  /bin/ps: option requires an argument – u

pgrep -u user1  ex
  No results Found.

/bin/ps fu  | /bin/grep ex
/bin/ps: illegal option -- f

/bin/ps u   | /bin/grep bk
Result not Found.

Let me know what are we missing ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to kill sleeping process

Hi, I'm trying to delete a sleeping process (parent ID is not 1) with "kill -9" command by the owner of the process (infodba) but it doesn't get killed. Is there any way of killing this process without killing the parent process or rebooting? (I'm using HP Unix B.11.11) $ ps -eflx | grep... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to grep the following pattern

I have the following line in file1 elif ; then now if i try to grep this using following command grep -e "elif ; then" file1 it is showing nothing... how to grep such patterns (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suri
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Unable to kill a process

problem. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvamsikr
2 Replies

4. BSD

Unable to process from lines (envelopes)

Hi, Some of the users on my freebsd server are getting the "unable to process from lines" error when accessing their mailbox. I've checked their mailbox and found that there was a blank line at the top of the mailbox. Everytime i remove it, it appears again sometime later. I've tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sc_king
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep the process id and kill all the filtered process

Hi I want to write a shell script which can find the process id's of all the process and kill them eg: ps ax | grep rv_ 3015 ? S 0:00 /home/vivek/Desktop/rv_server 3020 ? S 0:00 /home/vivek/Desktop/rv_gps 3022 ? S 0:00 /home/vivek/Desktop/rv_show ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_naragund
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to Kill the process

Hi Guys, I am unable to kill the process . and same process is running so many times. If i am trying to kill once again it restarting/kicked off again. and now i am unable to login . i am getting error message like "error -cannot fork too many process " i know when we ll get this message... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartheek
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron job is unable to process

Hi All, I have got a shell script that excutes some job and mails me the output as an attachment. While running the script manually, its perfect. when i am scheduling the job through crontab, i am getting the mail. but the attachment but this is a blank file. after the scheduler run, i can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to grep

I have a file with 2 lines of code Rome is in Romeo Romeo is in Rome How do I grep, so that only last line would be the outcome. sample output Romeo is in Rome I have tried with all possible greps but its resulting in both the lines in output. Please help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to do grep in a script

Hi, I am trying to grep a filename from a script after taking the file name and other variables as keyboard input .When I run the grep command with the same filename on the prompt, it runs fine, but it is either not giving me the correct output or not running at all from the script using the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsid
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to grep using wildcard in a file.

I wish to check if my file has a line that does not start with '#' and has 1. Listen and 2. 443 echo "Listen 443" > test.out grep 'Listen *443' test.out | grep -v '#' Listen 443 The above worked fine but when the entry changes to the below the grep fails... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)