Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vs basic
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Vs basic Post 302987074 by wisecracker on Sunday 4th of December 2016 04:51:31 PM
Old 12-04-2016
Spectrum BASIC was cool for its day.
I use bwBASIC as a fun test tool and my first tastes of BASIC were......

Sharp MZ80K tape basic. This was convoluted...
Bungy keyboard Micro Professor II.
QL SuperBASIC was superb but the machine was erm, well you know... ;o)

I am moderator for David Benn's ACE Basic Compiler for the AMIGA A500 and above. The ML is all but defunct now, although occasionally we do get a new member who has acquired an ancient A500 for fun.
This User Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic

hi, I am pretty new both to unix and this forum, can anyone help me to give shortcuts to my commands... eg:- instead of "cd /usr/bin" i want to to give " bin " and get to that path. I'm using HP-UX 11.0 abey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abey
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Basic...

hi, I am pretty new both to unix and this forum, can anyone help me to give shortcuts to my commands... eg:- instead of "cd /usr/bin" i want to to give " bin " and get to that path. I'm using HP-UX 11.0 abey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abey
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Bt-basic

Hi Guys, I very new to bt-basic even I got 8 years experience on UNIX. I searched through google about bt-basic but nothing really give me solid documentation. Anybody have documentation or manual for this bt-basic? Pls help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahru
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need some basic help

Hi everyone, I need some help! I know that this is a very simple little problem but I seem to be stuck. I was just wondering if you could show me the right way. I basicly have to write a single line of commands (using piping) to do the following: From the file data.txt, select all of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itk
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

to know the basic

Hi, Good morning I want to install HP-Unix in my PC. I already have windows XP home edition in my PC. I do not want remove XP,But I need HP-Unix in the same system. Is it posssible? If it is what is the name and version of HP-Unix cd? Where can I get the CD to install. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandhini
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic if else

I know this is pretty basic, but i cant figure it out to save my life. i want it to ask for a variable, as long as that variable isnt -/0 i want it to print out the area. else if the variable is -/0, i want it to print out invalid entry. the only problem is it will still try to print out the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cookiebooy
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Basic - how do I?

How do I use ls and grep together to count a certain number of files in a directory? -Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: secno
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic help

Hi , I need to know the difference between $((command)) and $(command) and $(($(command))). "" and '' and ``. I have tried searching the help files but cant able to find this. Could you let me knoq about any document. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj999
4 Replies
kc2img(1)						      General Commands Manual							 kc2img(1)

NAME
kc2img - convert KC files to raw KC tape images SYNOPSIS
kc2img <infile> <outfile> DESCRIPTION
kc2img converts the following file types to raw KC tape images. Those files contain the data bytes as written by the KC tape routines with block number and checksum removed. So each block is saved as 128 bytes. Machine code files start with an 128 byte header (one block) that contains filename, load start address, load end address and optionally a start address whose presence is flagged by a status byte. Basic files only have a 13 byte header with filename and filesize. 1) files used by the KC emulator by Arne Fitzenreiter (usually named .TAP) 2) files used by the GEMINI-SOFT KC emulator (usually named .GPF for machine code files and .GBF for basic files) 3) BASIC files (usually named .SSS) 4) KC image files that contain the data written by the KC tape routines without block number and checksum (usually named .KCC or .KCB where the .KCB files are BASIC files with an autostart routine) BUGS
Basic files are not handled properly. SEE ALSO
kcemu(1x), kctape(1), kc2tap(1), kc2wav(1), kc2raw(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Torsten Paul <Torsten.Paul@gmx.de>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). kc2img(1)