Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed confusion
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers sed confusion Post 302987045 by MadeInGermany on Sunday 4th of December 2016 03:13:54 AM
Old 12-04-2016
Remove all 0's with a leading space
Code:
sed 's/ 0//g'

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help me clear up some confusion

Hello All, I like this forum btw, and have only been lurking for about a day. Recently I purchased some new hardware (AMD Athlon 64 3200+ and a Asus K8V Deluxe Motherboard), and I want to find an OS that can take advantage of the 64 bit processor. Basically, what are the differences... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RoY_mUnSoN
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

confusion with export

Hi, I have written the following two scripts. a.ksh ---> FPATH=/users/kushard autoload b b echo "From a.ksh::" $aa b ---> function b { typeset aa aa="TRUE." echo "From b::" $aa export aa } (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdipankar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed confusion

Hello all, I am trying to delete all the lines in a particular file having a pattern. The problem is that it has special characters and for some reason is not doing the job. For eg. src_file /home/test/filelist.txt :xxxx:ogog /home/test/RCH/ogogogg /home/test/RYHUJ/HHHH... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'tr' confusion

Good day, everyone! Could anybody explain me the following situation. If I'm running similar script: Var="anna.kurnikova" Var2="Anna Kurn" echo $Var | tr -t "$Var" "$Var2" Why the output is : anna KurniKova instead of Anna Kurnikova? :confused: Thank you in advance for any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nafanja
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab confusion

I come across an entry in cron which is in such: 0 * * * * What is the first 0 indicating? 0 minute? meaning a script cron as such will run every minute? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user50210
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Server Confusion

I don't even know where to start with this one. There is so much out there about different aspects of this. I am starting with a basic Ubuntu 11.04 install. Do I need to configure a DNS? I am a little confused about that. What do I need to do for a domain name? I have followed various tutorials,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: polyglot0727
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusion with PS

Hello All, I have a problem in counting number of process getting run with my current script name.. Here it is ps -ef | grep $0 | grep -v grep This display just one line with the PID, PPID and other details when i print it in the script. But when I want to count the numbers in my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion with the concept of wc -c and wc -m

Is wc -c and wc -m same ? Shellscript::cat file1 hello Shellscript::cat file1 | wc -c 6 Shellscript::cat file1 | wc -m 6 Shellscript::file file1 file1: ASCII text Shellscript::uname -a Linux was85host 2.6.27.45-0.1-vmi #1 SMP 2010-02-22 16:49:47 +0100 i686 i686 i386 GNU/LinuxAtleast... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripting
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed multilines + separator confusion !!

Hi Seders, i am new to this forum, but i think it's quite the best place to post. So, here is my pb : I have a csv file, with comma separator and text enclosed by ". First pb is with text in " ......... ", wich sometimes includes lines break, and commas And to complicate a little more,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogeek
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)