Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting CUT command not giving correct result inside loop Post 302987042 by raju2016 on Sunday 4th of December 2016 01:55:53 AM
Old 12-04-2016
@disedorgue:We can read line from file using For loop.
however your code is not working.The 2ns value coming wrong as its pulling data from /home/dbadmin path.

Code:
TAB_DAY|(((date_part('year', TAB_DAY.PROCESS_DATE) * 10000) + (date_part('month', TAB_DAY.PROCESS_DATE) * 100)) + date_part('day', TAB_DAY.PROCESS_DATE))|180
TAB_DAY
(((date_part('year', TAB_DAY.PROCESS_DATE) 2.sh 3.sh ALL_TABLES.txt catalog chitta cldh032.txt c.sh dead.letter Designer_goldcopy.py -h jeremy jjj.txt k.sh lost+found PART_TABLES.txt part.txt preupgrade rfunctions Schema_file.txt swmsetup VDWD VDWDv_vdwd_node0012_catalog vertica-7.1.1-12.x86_64.RHEL5.rpm 10000) + (date_part('month', TAB_DAY.PROCESS_DATE) 2.sh 3.sh ALL_TABLES.txt catalog chitta cldh032.txt c.sh dead.letter Designer_goldcopy.py -h jeremy jjj.txt k.sh lost+found PART_TABLES.txt part.txt preupgrade rfunctions Schema_file.txt swmsetup VDWD VDWDv_vdwd_node0012_catalog vertica-7.1.1-12.x86_64.RHEL5.rpm 100)) + date_part('day', TAB_DAY.PROCESS_DATE))

@Scrutinizer:it is working ,but can i get this in For loop.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 12-04-2016 at 03:24 AM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell - Command Inside a Loop

I have a command nested in some while loops to parse some data that looks something like this. while ($condition) while ($condition) ... gzcat /dir/$fileName.gz | grep $searchString > out_file end end On the first loop, the command is executed properly (and takes maybe 10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hobbers
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK not giving me correct output.

i have a line like this in my script IP=`get_IP <hostname> | awk '{ print $1 }' echo $IP the problem is get_IP <hostname> returns data formated as follows: ip 1.1.1.1 name server_name the code above returns 1.1.1.1 server_name and i just need the 1.1.1.1 I have tried to add "|... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdef
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

if statement is not giving correct op

Hi I am using a awk command but not getting required o/p. input file a.txt 2 ak 3 cb 4 de 5 gh 6 ij awk program BEGIN { x=0 } {if ($1>3) {x=x+1}{print $0} } END { print "I found " x " line have value more than 3" } output 2 ak 3 cb 4 de 5 gh 6 ij (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not correct processing of “\ “ in names of dirs inside shell script (tar command - system backup scr

Hello, Recently, I've started with shell scripting, and decided to write a script for my system backup using tar. When I was dealing with tar execution inside shell script I found this, inside shell we have the following code: tar $TAR_PARAMS $ARCHIVE_FILE $EXCLUDE $BACKUP_STARTwith... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilnar
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the whole line which contains the result of the command cut

Hey everyone I have a file 'agenda' which contains: Object Day Month Year Birthday 09 02 2012 i want to extract from a script the line which contains the day the user typed. for example if he type 09 the line is showed using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Goldstein
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How i can put the result of a command inside a bash variable?

#!/bin/bash #... for i in `ls -c1 /usr/share/applications` do name="cat $i | grep ^Name= | cut -d = -f2" echo $name #... done Now inside name as output is present: while i want only the result of the command. Ideally i would like obtain that information using only bash ... or... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexscript
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a command inside a while loop?

How do we execute a command inside a while loop? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
7 Replies

8. AIX

Lsof command giving while loop

Hello, There is a process in AIX which is actually a oracle database user session but is running very slow When I use lsof it give below output lsof /proc/21955180 In while loop:256 In while loop:256 In while loop:256 In while loop:256 Value of I :183 np:1024 Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sql command inside shell script runs without giving anything back as outout

#!/bin/sh # This script returns the number of rows updated from a function echo "The execution is starting ....." sqlplus -silent $UP <<EOF set serveroutput on set echo off set pagesize 0 VAR no_rows_updated NUMBER; EXEC :no_rows_updated :=0; DECLARE CURSOR c_update is SELECT * FROM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command giving different result for different users for same command

Hello, I am running below command as root user #nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch count" Memtable switch count: 12 Where as when I try to run same command as another user it gives different result. #su -l zabbix -s /bin/bash -c "nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pushpraj
10 Replies
PESCETTI(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PESCETTI(1)

NAME
pescetti -- Pseudo-Duplimate Generator SYNOPSIS
pescetti DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pescetti command. OPTIONS
Here are a list of the available options and what they do. You must specify exactly one from --demo, --generate or --load. --help Prints the help text --demo Demonstration mode. Generates one hand with permutations and the tutorial for how to use them. --generate=N Generate N random boards --load=boards.txt Load boards+analysis from boards.txt --load-dds=boards.dds Load boards from boards.dds in dds format --load-analysis=tricks.txt Load analysis from tricks.txt --permutations=permutations.txt Generate the permutations and save them to the given file --curtains=curtains.txt Save curtain cards to file curtains.txt --save=boards.txt Save the boards+analysis to boards.txt --save-dds=boards.dds Save the boards to boards.dds in dds format --save-analysis=tricks.txt Save the analysis to tricks.txt --format=html|txt|pdf Set the output mode to the given format --title=title Set the title for the output --output=hands.txt Print the hands to hands.txt, rather than to standard output --stats Generate statistics about the set of boards; included in the hands output --analyze Run the dds analyzer on the boards and print the resulting numberof tricks (warning SLOW) --criteria= A list of criteria to apply to each generated hand to generate specific hand types. The list should be space separated and each item may be suffixed with a colon and a (fractional) probability value which can be used to weight the criteria. E.g. --criteria="weaknt:0.8 strongnt:0.5" Valid criteria are: unbalanced weaknt strongnt twont strongtwo weaktwo three twoclubs 4441 singlesuit twosuits partscore game slam game-invite slam-invite jumpshift jumpfit splinter bacon weird --probability=factor Generate hands matching the criteria with only the given probability. Factor is in the range 0 to 1. On each attempt to generate a board it is rejected if it doesn't match the criteria with the given probability. A factor of about 0.8 gives roughly half matching boards AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Johnson <debian@matthew.ath.cx>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this docu- ment under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. PESCETTI(1)