Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Unable to edit grub2 boot screen in centos 7 Post 302987024 by hicksd8 on Saturday 3rd of December 2016 02:47:47 PM
Old 12-03-2016
You created this thread a few hours ago and I thought that I'd leave it for someone with greater knowledge than me. However, so far, no replies.

So here goes.

As far as I remember, the ESC key to interrupt Grub boot has been deprecated. I think that to interrupt boot on Grub2 you need to hold down a SHIFT key but I can't remember whether it's the left or right SHIFT key (or whether it even matters). Hold a SHIFT key for the whole boot process and see what happens.

Any member reading this and know whether I'm right or wrong please do let me and the OP know because I'm not sure either.

Hope that does help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Dual boot XP and Centos 5.x using the NTLDR bootloader

How can one dual boot Windows XP sp2 and Centos 5.x using the NTLDR bootloader? I wanted to install CentOS onto a spare partition on a machine with Windows XP already installed, leaving the MBR as it was and using the NTLDR bootloader. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In vi, any way to prevent :edit from repositioning the screen?

I am working on a project where I need to make many changes to files, both inside and outside of the vi editor. I make small changes manually right in vi, and I have a script that I run from another session that I use to make bigger changes to the files using sed. After running my script from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickS
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Unable to Start X in Centos - VPS - SSH

# startx xauth: creating new authority file /root/.serverauth.18174 X Window System Version 7.1.1 Release Date: 12 May 2006 X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 7.1.1 Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.18-53.el5 i686 Red Hat, Inc. Current Operating System: Linux server1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mselvaprakash
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing centos dual boot with ubuntu

I have installed ubuntu desktop on my hard drive and I gave it all the hard drive. Now I want to repatriate the hard disk and give half of it to anther ext4. How do I do that? Can I do it fron with in the ubuntu? Second when I install the centos, how can I make to recognize the ubuntu and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
0 Replies

5. Debian

Grub2 (dual boot, dmraid) cannot run Debian6

Hello, firstly excuse for my poor english. I have a busybox error when I try to run Debian 6. It's like Grub cannot find root (initramfs) My system is: - RAID0 with dmraid - /boot ext2 (from moonOS installation --ubuntu based--) - ext4 (moonOS wich have the Grub2 installation, where I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neutralTTY
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Screen blank on boot up

I have a SunFire V490 Recently when the server is rebooted the screen goes blank from when the CDE is shutdown to when it is started up again. Has anyone got any ideas what might be causing this? I've had a quick look in messages but can't find anything in there. I've had a look at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonic72
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CentOS machine does not boot!

Hello, one of my machine ,does not boot! check the pic and kindly help! Thx in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX script unable to edit

Hello every one, I am a newbie , I am trying to run the script .sh file , but when I run this, I need this backup file to store at some location called " /A/B " ,but this location should only consist the latest backup file. which mean at any time this location only consists the latest backup... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik25
2 Replies

9. Linux

Unable to send email with sendmail from PHP 5.3 on CentOS VM

I have a longstanding issue on my CentOS 5.6 VM where I am unable to send email from my PHP application. This is the last bunch of lines from my /var/log/maillog file. Feb 14 10:29:16 dev53 sendmail: s1EATEEo004637: Authentication-Warning: www.craig.dev-crmpicco.lan: apache set sender to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crmpicco
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

GRUB2 + UEFI issue, new entry each boot

Hello This is happening on: 3.13.7-200.fc20.x86_64 This happened already some weeks ago, until now i didn install linunx onto this machine, as i had to turn in the laptop to the service center so they could fix the UEFI flash storage. Either way, its happening again. as i installed Fedora 20... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sea
1 Replies
pthread_key_create(3T)													    pthread_key_create(3T)

NAME
pthread_key_create(), pthread_key_delete() - create or delete a thread-specific data key SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
key This is either a pointer to the location where the new key value will to be returned (create function) or the thread-spe- cific data key to be deleted (delete function). destructor Function to be called to destroy a data value associated with key when the thread terminates. DESCRIPTION
creates a unique thread-specific data key. The key may be used by threads within the process to maintain thread-specific data. The same key is used by all threads, but each thread has its own thread-specific value associated with key. For each thread, the value associated with key persists for the life of the thread. By default, the system allows a process to create up to number of thread-specific data keys. If the process needs more keys, the environ- ment variable can set the number of keys up to a maximum of 16384. If a value outside the range of and 16384 is specified, or if the envi- ronment variable is not set at all, the default value is considered. When a new thread-specific data key is created, each thread will ini- tially have the value NULL associated with the new key. Each time a thread is created, the new thread will have the value NULL for each thread-specific data key that has been created in the process. A thread may use to change the value associated with a thread-specific data key. Note: is an opaque data type. When a thread terminates, it may have non-NULL values associated with some or all of its thread-specific data keys. Typically, these val- ues will be pointers to dynamically allocated memory. If this memory is not released when the thread terminates, memory leaks in the process occur. An optional function may be provided at key creation time to destroy the thread-specific data of a terminating thread. When a thread terminates, the thread-specific data values associated with the thread will be examined. For each key that has a non-NULL thread-specific data value and a destructor function, the destructor function will be called with the thread-specific data value as its sole argument. The order in which destructor functions are called is unspecified. Once all the destructor functions have been called, the thread-specific data values for the terminating thread are examined again. If there are still non-NULL values in which the associated keys have destructor functions, the process of calling destructor functions is repeated. If after iterations of this loop there are still some non-NULL values with associated destructors, the system may stop calling the destructors or continue calling the destructors until there are no non-NULL values. Note: This may result in an infinite loop. If a destructor function is not desired for key, the value NULL may be passed in the destructor parameter. The function deletes a thread-specific data key. The key must have been previously created by The thread-specific data values associated with key are not required to be NULL when this function is called. Using key after it has been deleted results in undefined behavior. If a destructor function is associated with key, it will not be invoked by the function. Once key has been deleted, any function that was associated with key is not called when a thread exits. It is the responsibility of the application to free any application storage for each of the threads using key. The function can be called from a destructor function. RETURN VALUE
If successful, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: The value specified by key is invalid. The necessary resources to create another thread-specific data key are not available, or the total number of keys per process has exceeded or an invalid value was specified with the environment variable There is insufficient memory available in which to create key. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: The value specified by key is invalid. AUTHOR
and were derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_getspecific(3T), pthread_setspecific(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_key_create(3T)