Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Extract lines that have dupliucate and count them Post 302986989 by is2_egypt on Saturday 3rd of December 2016 06:42:47 AM
Old 12-03-2016
Hello Singh

Thanks alot ,
i have only one separator which is (,) , for example the following is one entry : M205-00-106_AMDRN:1-0-6-22

so is the above still valid or there is a change to be made ?

Thanks alot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count lines - ignoring blank lines and commented lines

What is the command to count lines in a files, but ignore blank lines and commented lines? I have a file with 4 sections in it, and I want each section to be counted, not including the blank lines and comments... and then totalled at the end. Here is an example of what I would like my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthatch
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract specific data and count number containing sets from a file?

Hello everybody! I am quit new here and hope you can help me. Using an awk script I am trying to extract data from several files. The structure of the input files is as follows: TimeStep parameter1 parameter2 parameter3 parameter4 e.g. 1 X Y Z L 1 D H Z I 1 H Y E W 2 D H G F 2 R... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel8472
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract string from multiple file based on line count number

Hi, I search all forum, but I can not find solutions of my problem :( I have multiple files (5000 files), inside there is this data : FILE 1: 1195.921 -898.995 0.750312E-02-0.497526E-02 0.195382E-05 0.609417E-05 -2021.287 1305.479-0.819754E-02 0.107572E-01 0.313018E-05 0.885066E-05 ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: guns
15 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract lines with specific words with addition 2 lines before and after

Dear all, Greetings. I would like to ask for your help to extract lines with specific words in addition 2 lines before and after these lines by using awk or sed. For example, the input file is: 1 ak1 abc1.0 1 ak2 abc1.0 1 ak3 abc1.0 1 ak4 abc1.0 1 ak5 abc1.1 1 ak6 abc1.1 1 ak7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amanda Low
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract and count number of Duplicate rows

Hi All, I need to extract duplicate rows from a file and write these bad records into another file. And need to have a count of these bad records. i have a command awk ' {s++} END { for(i in s) { if(s>1) { print i } } }' ${TMP_DUPE_RECS}>>${TMP_BAD_DATA_DUPE_RECS}... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh sed - Extract specific lines with mulitple occurance of interesting lines

Data file example I look for primary and * to isolate the interesting slot number. slot=`sed '/^primary$/,/\*/!d' filename | tail -1 | sed s'/*//' | awk '{print $1" "$2}'` Now I want to get the Touch line for only the associate slot number, in this case, because the asterisk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Skip the delimiter with in double quotes and count the number of delimiters during data extract

Hi All, I'm stuck-up in finding a way to skip the delimiter which come within double quotes using awk or any other better option. can someone please help me out. Below are the details: Delimited: | Sample data: 742433154|"SYN|THESIS MED CHEM PTY.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrahmaNaiduA
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract count of string in all files and display on date wise

Hi All, hope you all are doing well! I kindly ask you for shell scripting help, here is the description: I have huge number of files shown below on date wise, which contains different strings(numbers you can say) including 505001 and 602001. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: VasuKukkapalli
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract paragraphs and count them

Hi, I have a text with a number of paragraphs in them. My problem is I need to locate certain errors/warning and extract/count them. Problem is I do not know how many paras are there with that particular type of error/warning. I had thought that somehow if I could count the number of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsid
25 Replies
flockfile(3S)															     flockfile(3S)

NAME
flockfile(), ftrylockfile(), funlockfile() - explicit locking of streams within a multithread application SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The and functions provide for explicit application-level locking of streams. These functions can be used by a thread to delineate a sequence of I/O statements that are to be executed as a unit. The function is used by a thread to acquire ownership of a object. The function is used by a thread to acquire ownership of a object if the object is available; is a non-blocking version of The function is used to relinquish the ownership granted to the thread. The behavior is undefined if a thread other than the current owner calls the function. Logically, there is a count associated with each stream. This count is implicitly initialized to zero when the stream is created. The stream is unlocked when the count is zero. When the count is positive, a single thread owns the stream. When the function is called, if the count is zero or if the count is positive and the caller owns the stream, the count is incremented. Otherwise, the calling thread is suspended, waiting for the count to return to zero. Each call to decrements the count. This allows matching calls to (or successful calls to and to be nested. All POSIX.1 and C standard functions that reference objects behave as if they use and internally to obtain ownership of these objects. RETURN VALUE
None for and The function returns zero for success and nonzero to indicate that the lock cannot be acquired. flockfile(3S)