Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Can't find the bug in my code - bombing with rename Post 302986964 by MadeInGermany on Friday 2nd of December 2016 02:57:33 PM
Old 12-02-2016
How many arguments can set handle?
Perhaps the file_exists function scales better?
Code:
file_exists() {
  for _i do [ -f "$_i" ] && return
  done
  return 1
}

if file_exists *.*
then
fi

--
The if-elsif-fi chain is a typical case-esac chain
Code:
case $Output_Month in
(01) MMM="Jan";;
(02) MMM="Feb";;
esac

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail bombing

I have just recently had a look at this website and came across the following article: http://www.silkroad.com/papers/html/bomb/node5.html I'm referring to this as this is exactly what is happening to me at this moment in time, and has been going on for over a week now. So far I've had to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spiffy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can anyone find a bug in this code?? shell script

I have done a script and IT WORKS JUST PERFECT from command line...but in cron it has problems executing... nawk -F"|" ' { s=substr($104,2,18)} {b ++s} END { for (i in b) print i, b } ' $1 > /path/to/files/TranId_w$2 q=`cat /path/to/files/TranId_w$2 | wc -l` echo $q >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amon
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and rename all folders with name X.

Is there a command I can use to rename all directories with a certain name to a new name. For instance from my root directory I want to change all folders named '123' to '321' that are in the root directory or any subdirectory. Thanks in advance! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkingrey
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

top's exit code indicates error--is this a bug?

This single line of code in a sh script file top -b -n 1 -U $USER causes the script to prematurely exit with an exit code of 1 (i.e. an error) if the script is run with the -e option (e.g. if set -e is executed near the top of the script file). Alternatively, you can execute it like top... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabulous2
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and rename

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to find a particular file and then give it as an input to a program and then dump it into another file. Something like this: find ./ -name '*.txt' -exec ~/processText {} > mod.<current_file> \; I've been trying all sorts of weird things but not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Rename files using (find mv and sed)

In response to a closed thread for degraff63 at https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/108882-using-mv-find-exec.html the following command might do it as some shells spit it without the "exec bash -c " part: Find . -name "*.model" -exec bash -c "mv {} \`echo {} | sed -e 's//_/g'\`"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupert160
0 Replies

7. Programming

Algorthm bug of my code

Hello, This porblem bugged me for some time. It is to merge different files of hundred rows to have a union with the ID as key column (kind of similar to join!) and absence with 0. ID File1 A 1 C 3 D 4 M 6 ID File2 A 5 B 10 C 15 Z 26 ID File3 A 2 B 6 O 20 X 9 I want the output... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find Gzip rename and mv

Hi all, what i'm trying to configure its to the following, find all files older then 1 min,gzip them ,rename/move with date and extension .gz (example tes.log_2012-07-26.gz) and trying to move them to another folder (gzipped),the command i'm typing its this, find /home/charli/Desktop/test/ -type... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
4 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux