Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed command not working
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers sed command not working Post 302986907 by bkilaru on Thursday 1st of December 2016 01:32:25 PM
Old 12-01-2016
Sorry. How do we work the code format?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed command not working

Hi, I have a test file as follows: 1G102119 ^ AA1179291 ^ 06oct2006 09:50:35^ 73.4^ 2^ 13^ 0^ 1493 1G102119 ^ AA1179291 ^ 06oct2006 09:49:45^ 73.4^ 2^ 13^ 0^ 1493 1G102119 ^ AA1179291 ^ 06oct2006 09:48:58^ 73.4^ 2^ 17^ 0^ 2 1G102119 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi_kiran_v
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable to sed command not working

Hello All, I am trying to embed variable in sed command to fetch a portion of record between two pattern. This command is not working ...any suggestion on this how to place the variable in sed command to find a portion . I am using Sun OS (Solaris). Thanks JM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jambesh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command not quite working yet, if anyone can help appreciated

Hi gang, I am trying to create some batch commands for many html pages I need to re-format. I am trying the number 2b in this example to wrap anchor tags around the number that will be referenced in the footnotes. I am trying to use the h/H hold command, but I have never tried using it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naphelge
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command working different in linux environment.

Hi I tried running the code scrname=`whence $0 | sed -e 's/\.\///g'` where $0 is substituted by cm_dsjobrun.sh in unix env then the value it returns me is SCRNAME=/data/ds/dpr_ebicm_uat/etl/cm3_0/scripts/shell/cm_dsjobrun.sh whereas i ran the same code on linux env The value... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Command new Line not working Tried many variations

Hi I have assigned an output of a command to $I. I try to print the input and put a new line after occurrence of the hostname which is assigned to $HOST1 ( Example: pwrm16 ) . First of all I need to get rid of the Colon after the host name pwrm16: and make it pwrm16 then I want to print the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Command not working in AIX UNIX

Hi 1st problem -------------- i have this sed command in my unix script which replaces new line and carriage return in a line with the string "&#xA" the script works fine in Linux 3.0.101-0.5, but not in AIX 1 7 , the "s/\r/\&#xA/g" replacement, replaces all the character "r" in the file.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximus_jack
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why is this command not working? (sed)

Hi guys, the command is echo "Online Memory : 32768 MB" | sed 's/.*\(+\).*/\1/' I would expect it to print 32768, it cuts off any character to the first digit, then gets all digits in 1, cuts off the rest after the digits, and should print 32768, instead it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command not working

Hi All, I am trying to run a sed command to replace a string in a file. sed -i -e "s/$Job_status_old ,$line/Job_status_new ,$line/g" stat.txt The command wen run from the command promt works fine. But the same command does not work when its put in a script. The script is not failing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samyamkrishna
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command not working

cat bipin.txt Unix is an OS Unix has its own commmands Unix is a user friendly OS Unix is platform independent Unix is a time sharing OS the best OS to learn is Unix Abinitio uses Unix in backend this is my file when i use sed 's/Unix/Linux/' bipin.txt all the occurences are getting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bipin_1991
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed command not working properly

This is my sample file cat bipin.txt Unix is an OS Unix has its own commmands Unix is a user friendly OS Unix is platform independent Unix is a time sharing OS the best OS to learn is Unix Abinitio uses Unix in backend When i use sed 's/Unix/Linux/' bipin.txt , only the first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bipin_1991
2 Replies
TEXIFY(1)						      General Commands Manual							 TEXIFY(1)

NAME
texify - format code for use with LaTeX SYNOPSIS
texify<input-type> [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
texify translates source code written in any of several different languages to latex(1) source files. The purpose is to make source code embedded in documents more readable, by providing syntax highliting. OPTIONS
-i FILE Read from FILE instead of standard input. -o FILE Write to FILE instead of standard output. -l LENGTH Limit line length to LENGTH. -t LENGTH Make a tab correspond to LENGTH spaces. Default is 6. -num INTERVAL Prefix output lines with the corresponding line number from the input, skipping INTERVAL lines between each time a prefix is added. An interval of 1 will ensure that every line is prefixed. -numsize exsize Replace the TeX code used to set the size of the line numbers. The default is footnotesize. INPUT TYPES
abel ABEL source code ada Ada source code asm Assembly code axiom AXIOM code B B source code beta BETA source code bison Bison source code c C source code c++ C++ source code idl OMG/CORBA IDL source code java Java source code lex Lex source code lisp LISP source code logla LOGLA source code matlab MATLAB script ml ML source code perl Perl source code promela Promela source code python Python source code scheme Scheme soruce code sim SIMULA source code sql SQL queries ruby Ruby source code vhdl VHDL description This manual page was written for the Debian operating system because the original program does not have a manual page. EXAMPLES
Say you want to format a Java source file. Just type: texifyjava < input.java > output.tex You can also format the output of some program without storing its output in a temporary file. If you want to format the output of a Post- greSQL database dump, just type: pg_dump foobar | texifysql > output.tex AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Morten Hustveit <morten@debian.org>. January 2003 TEXIFY(1)