Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed command not working
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers sed command not working Post 302986896 by RudiC on Thursday 1st of December 2016 12:40:34 PM
Old 12-01-2016
Please show/<Path>/$1_$2_$3.par before and after sed execution.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed command not working

Hi, I have a test file as follows: 1G102119 ^ AA1179291 ^ 06oct2006 09:50:35^ 73.4^ 2^ 13^ 0^ 1493 1G102119 ^ AA1179291 ^ 06oct2006 09:49:45^ 73.4^ 2^ 13^ 0^ 1493 1G102119 ^ AA1179291 ^ 06oct2006 09:48:58^ 73.4^ 2^ 17^ 0^ 2 1G102119 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi_kiran_v
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable to sed command not working

Hello All, I am trying to embed variable in sed command to fetch a portion of record between two pattern. This command is not working ...any suggestion on this how to place the variable in sed command to find a portion . I am using Sun OS (Solaris). Thanks JM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jambesh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command not quite working yet, if anyone can help appreciated

Hi gang, I am trying to create some batch commands for many html pages I need to re-format. I am trying the number 2b in this example to wrap anchor tags around the number that will be referenced in the footnotes. I am trying to use the h/H hold command, but I have never tried using it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naphelge
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command working different in linux environment.

Hi I tried running the code scrname=`whence $0 | sed -e 's/\.\///g'` where $0 is substituted by cm_dsjobrun.sh in unix env then the value it returns me is SCRNAME=/data/ds/dpr_ebicm_uat/etl/cm3_0/scripts/shell/cm_dsjobrun.sh whereas i ran the same code on linux env The value... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Command new Line not working Tried many variations

Hi I have assigned an output of a command to $I. I try to print the input and put a new line after occurrence of the hostname which is assigned to $HOST1 ( Example: pwrm16 ) . First of all I need to get rid of the Colon after the host name pwrm16: and make it pwrm16 then I want to print the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Command not working in AIX UNIX

Hi 1st problem -------------- i have this sed command in my unix script which replaces new line and carriage return in a line with the string "&#xA" the script works fine in Linux 3.0.101-0.5, but not in AIX 1 7 , the "s/\r/\&#xA/g" replacement, replaces all the character "r" in the file.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximus_jack
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why is this command not working? (sed)

Hi guys, the command is echo "Online Memory : 32768 MB" | sed 's/.*\(+\).*/\1/' I would expect it to print 32768, it cuts off any character to the first digit, then gets all digits in 1, cuts off the rest after the digits, and should print 32768, instead it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command not working

Hi All, I am trying to run a sed command to replace a string in a file. sed -i -e "s/$Job_status_old ,$line/Job_status_new ,$line/g" stat.txt The command wen run from the command promt works fine. But the same command does not work when its put in a script. The script is not failing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samyamkrishna
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command not working

cat bipin.txt Unix is an OS Unix has its own commmands Unix is a user friendly OS Unix is platform independent Unix is a time sharing OS the best OS to learn is Unix Abinitio uses Unix in backend this is my file when i use sed 's/Unix/Linux/' bipin.txt all the occurences are getting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bipin_1991
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed command not working properly

This is my sample file cat bipin.txt Unix is an OS Unix has its own commmands Unix is a user friendly OS Unix is platform independent Unix is a time sharing OS the best OS to learn is Unix Abinitio uses Unix in backend When i use sed 's/Unix/Linux/' bipin.txt , only the first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bipin_1991
2 Replies
PARL(1) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   PARL(1)

NAME
parl - Binary PAR Loader SYNOPSIS
(Please see pp for convenient ways to make self-contained executables, scripts or PAR archives from perl programs.) To make a PAR distribution from a CPAN module distribution: % parl -p # make a PAR dist under the current path % parl -p Foo-0.01 # assume unpacked CPAN dist in Foo-0.01/ To manipulate a PAR distribution: % parl -i Foo-0.01-i386-freebsd-5.8.0.par # install % parl -i http://foo.com/Foo-0.01 # auto-appends archname + perlver % parl -i cpan://AUTRIJUS/PAR-0.74 # uses CPAN author directory % parl -u Foo-0.01-i386-freebsd-5.8.0.par # uninstall % parl -s Foo-0.01-i386-freebsd-5.8.0.par # sign % parl -v Foo-0.01-i386-freebsd-5.8.0.par # verify To use Hello.pm from ./foo.par: % parl -A./foo.par -MHello % parl -A./foo -MHello # the .par part is optional Same thing, but search foo.par in the @INC; % parl -Ifoo.par -MHello % parl -Ifoo -MHello # ditto Run test.pl or script/test.pl from foo.par: % parl foo.par test.pl # looks for 'main.pl' by default, # otherwise run 'test.pl' To make a self-containing executable containing a PAR file : % parl -O./foo foo.par % ./foo test.pl # same as above To embed the necessary non-core modules and shared objects for PAR's execution (like "Zlib", "IO", "Cwd", etc), use the -b flag: % parl -b -O./foo foo.par % ./foo test.pl # runs anywhere with core modules installed If you also wish to embed core modules along, use the -B flag instead: % parl -B -O./foo foo.par % ./foo test.pl # runs anywhere with the perl interpreter This is particularly useful when making stand-alone binary executables; see pp for details. DESCRIPTION
This stand-alone command offers roughly the same feature as "perl -MPAR", except that it takes the pre-loaded .par files via "-Afoo.par" instead of "-MPAR=foo.par". Additionally, it lets you convert a CPAN distribution to a PAR distribution, as well as manipulate such distributions. For more information about PAR distributions, see PAR::Dist. You can use it to run .par files: # runs script/run.pl in archive, uses its lib/* as libraries % parl myapp.par run.pl # runs run.pl or script/run.pl in myapp.par % parl otherapp.pl # also runs normal perl scripts However, if the .par archive contains either main.pl or script/main.pl, it is used instead: % parl myapp.par run.pl # runs main.pl, with 'run.pl' as @ARGV Finally, the "-O" option makes a stand-alone binary executable from a PAR file: % parl -B -Omyapp myapp.par % ./myapp # run it anywhere without perl binaries With the "--par-options" flag, generated binaries can act as "parl" to pack new binaries: % ./myapp --par-options -Omyap2 myapp.par # identical to ./myapp % ./myapp --par-options -Omyap3 myap3.par # now with different PAR For an explanation of stand-alone executable format, please see par.pl. SEE ALSO
PAR, PAR::Dist, par.pl, pp AUTHORS
Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org> <http://par.perl.org/> is the official PAR website. You can write to the mailing list at <par@perl.org>, or send an empty mail to <par-subscribe@perl.org> to participate in the discussion. Please submit bug reports to <bug-par@rt.cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2002-2009 by Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org>. Neither this program nor the associated pp program impose any licensing restrictions on files generated by their execution, in accordance with the 8th article of the Artistic License: "Aggregation of this Package with a commercial distribution is always permitted provided that the use of this Package is embedded; that is, when no overt attempt is made to make this Package's interfaces visible to the end user of the commercial distribution. Such use shall not be construed as a distribution of this Package." Therefore, you are absolutely free to place any license on the resulting executable, as long as the packed 3rd-party libraries are also available under the Artistic License. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.18.2 2012-01-06 PARL(1)