Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How do I generate a script with an inverse action? Post 302986816 by Braveheart on Wednesday 30th of November 2016 10:18:47 AM
Old 11-30-2016
i run my file using ./script.txt

how do i run the inverse or call the inverse given the code you said is nested in the same script

cheers

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help....generate command script

Please help..... if i have a file list below : 1233743158.log 1233743410.log 1233744186.log 1233744462.log "1233743158" is a unix time format it's require to a script "convertime.sh" to convert unix time format to readable time format like 20090204183010 -- YYYYMMDDHHMMSS ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bleach8578
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script - search a file and perform some action

hi, i have a service on unix platform, it will generate traces in a particular folder i want to check using shell script if traces exist, then perform some action else continue to be in loop. filename is service.tra can you please help? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravah
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate cntl+c interrupt through script?

Hi all, can anyone tell me how to generate control+c interrupt through shell script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitmahambre
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate a script that will do the following

I need to write a shell script that will do all this: Go to server directory, for example (/xyz/outbound) In the outbound folder, get the list of the (old) directories created or modified at least two days before the date when script is run. The list will have the names of directories, some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chako_3
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor for new file with ext .err and size > 0 bytes and perform a action or command

Hi All, I need to create a script to monitor a dir for new files with ext .err and also it should b a non empty files. and perform a action or command . We have a new ETL application that runs on a linux server, every times a etl fails it creates a .err file or updates the existing .err... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MAKHAN
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need script to generate file.

Hi I have a file "test" with data as below 1,APRIL,NEW,"New market,delhi,pune,India",RECENT, 254664 2,MARCH,OLD,"New Area,Mumbai,UP,India",CURRENT, 152483 So I want a script which provides output as below 1,APRIL,RECENT,254664 2,MARCH,CURRENT,152483 I am aware we can use awk/sed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to perform an action similar to vlookup between two csv files in UNIX

Hi, I am new to awk/unix and am trying to put together an awk script to perform an action similar to vlookup between the two csv files. Here are the contents of the two files: File 1: Date,ParentID,Number,Area,Volume,Dimensions 2014-01-01,ABC,247,83430.33,857.84,8110.76... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prit Siv
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that performs action when receiving an SMS.

My case is the following: -I have a Linux system where I have an smsd installed (SmsTools3) -This system works through a GSM module in which I can send and receive text messages. -Text messages arrive in a certain folder (/ var / spool / sms / incoming) -I need a script that does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dMihawkCL
3 Replies
SIEVESHELL(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SIEVESHELL(1)

NAME
sieveshell - remotely manipulate sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
sieveshell [--user=user] [--authname=authname] [--realm=realm] [--password=password] [--exec=script] [--execfile=file] server[:port] sieveshell --help DESCRIPTION
sieveshell allows users to manipulate their scripts on a remote server. It works via MANAGESIEVE, a work in progress. The following commands are recognized: list list scripts on server. put <filename> upload script to server. get <name> [<filename>] get script. if no filename display to stdout delete <name> delete script. activate <name> activate script. deactivate deactivate all scripts. OPTIONS
-u user, --user=user The authorization name to request; by default, derived from the authentication credentials. -a authname, --authname=authname The user to use for authentication (defaults to current user). -r realm, --realm=realm The realm to attempt authentication in. -p password, --password=password The password to use when authenticating to server. Note that this parameter can be seen in the process list. Use with caution! -e script, --exec=script Instead of working interactively, run commands from script, and exit when done. -f file, --execfile=file Instead of working interactively, run commands from file file and exit when done. REFERENCES
[MANAGESIEVE] Martin, T.; "A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts", draft-ietf-managesieve-03.txt, Mirapoint, Inc.; May 2001, work in progress. AUTHOR
Tim Martin <tmartin@mirapoint.com>, and the rest of the Cyrus team <cyrus-bugs@andrew.cmu.edu>. perl v5.14.2 2014-06-03 SIEVESHELL(1)