Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting vaules from end of string Post 302986794 by leshy93 on Wednesday 30th of November 2016 08:49:47 AM
Old 11-30-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Welcome to the forum.

It's usually good habit to also post the OS and shell versions of your system, the tools you prefer to achieve your goals, and, on top of the input samples, also some desired output.
In your above case, using shell arrays for the solution comes to mind, but proposing something without knowing the shell version might be in vain.
Thank you for the information.
I'm working on a Raspberry Pi 3 running Ubuntu Mate. GNU, version 4.3.46(1)

From the bash script I run:
first command
Code:
currentcyan=$(snmpwalk -v1 - c public 192.168.0.20 1.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.1)

which returns iso.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.1 = INTEGER 235

second command
Code:
maxcyan=$(snmpwalk -v1 -c public 192.168.0.20 1.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.8.1.1)

which returns iso.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.8.1.1 = INTEGER 1800

I already assigned the output of the commands to variables now I need a flexible way of extracting the number after 'INTEGER'.

Last edited by rbatte1; 11-30-2016 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: Added ICODE tags for output

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unique cell vaules in a file

I have a file in which I have records as follows -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2-sister-birmbb-s0005.ftip002590790.vpn-nte.bt.net BRI0 0 0 0 aber-con-dyce-s0006.ftip002732992.vpn-nte.bt.net ATM0 0 0 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string from one file and searching the same string in other files

Hi, Need to extract a string from one file and search the same in other files. Ex: I have file1 of hundred lines with no delimiters not even space. I have 3 more files. I should get 1 to 10 characters say substring from each line of file1 and search that string in rest of the files and get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohancrr
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting a string

Hi All, I am writing a shell script for which I am stuck with an extraction part. I arrived till extraction of a path of file. Lets take an example. I now have a file which contains following one line: 2348/home/userid/mydir/any_num_dir/myfile.text Now I want to extract only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: start_shell
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reading vaules from a text file.

say i have a text file called "input.txt" 1 5 2 10 3 15 4 20 and say I wanted to read the row 3 from column 2 how would i go about it. I guess I would use "awk" but I'm not sure how. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: THM
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting String

I am trying to extract a hyperlink from a html document using awk. I have managed to output in the format... href="index.html"> where i would like it just to output index.html. Any ideas on how i would do this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adpe
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending string, variable to file at the start and string at end

Hi , I have below file with 13 columns. I need 2-13 columns seperated by comma and I want to append each row with a string "INSERT INTO xxx" in the begining as 1st column and then a variable "$node" and then $2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9,$10,$11,$12,$13 and at the end another string " ; COMMIT;" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaddadi
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines between the start string and end string including start and end string Python

Hi, I am trying to remove lines once a string is found till another string is found including the start string and end string. I want to basically grab all the lines starting with color (closing bracket). PS: The line after the closing bracket for color could be anything (currently 'more').... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a text file and add another string at the end of line

Dear All I am having a text file which is having more than 200 lines. EX: 001010122 12000 BIB 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 2000 AND 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 12000 KVB 12000 11200 1200003 In the above file i want to search for string KVB... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting an ipaddress and using it to send files but error at the end of file

i want to extract ip address from a file and using that ip address copy file to systems. set fid set content close $fid ## Split into records on newlines set records send "records splited\n" send $records\n set timeout 600 set a "test\n" send $a foreach rec $records { ##... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amature_rach
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting substring within string between 2 token within the string

Hello. First best wishes for everybody. here is the input file ("$INPUT1") contents : BASH_FUNC_message_begin_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_debug%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_end_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_error%%=() { local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)