Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rsync files check
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rsync files check Post 302986755 by Abu Rayane on Tuesday 29th of November 2016 11:34:17 PM
Old 11-30-2016
I think I should loop through the specified directory and get all files, this is my last step:

Code:
dirName='/root/Scripts/Misc/'

cd $dirName

listFiles=$(find $dirName -iname '*' -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '{print $9}')

md5=$(cksum $listFiles)

But it does not look to work properly

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync, which files where moved?

Hello, I am using rsync to make sure that my folder "local" mirrors the remote directory "remote". When a file is copied from "remote" to "local", I need to apply a bash script to it. What would be a neat way to do that? Thanks ps: is there a way to edit the title of the thread (I am a bit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCR
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Using RSYNC to copy files locally

Has anyone ever used rsync to copy files locally on one server? (in this case from one SAN volume to another). I am familiar with using rsync to copy files between servers, but not locally, I would usually use cp or or tar or something. Is rsync slower? Does it use additional overhead of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync temporary files

Hi, I am looking to use rsync in a very specific way, and even though I have trawled the rsync man pages I have not succeeded in seeing a way of doing the following: The temporary files created by rsync should not be created in the destination directory. (I have used --temp-dir option to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LostInTheWoods
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync copy files once

Hi This is my situation I have files on the left which I want to copy to the right. Once the files are copied to the right, they are processed and then deleted. The next time rsync runs I dont want it to copy the same files again, it should only copy any new files to the right. I have been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duonut
4 Replies

5. Linux

Modifying Rsync script to check source

Hi I am running rsyncs between a raid attached server and a nas device, which works fine. I am using the --delete to ensure that its kept in sync. And running a log at the end of the sync for me to check. this i am running from a cron Problem is if the part of the raid fails on the server the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: treds
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to check date and check files in particular dir

Hi Experts, I am checking how to get day in Perl. If it is “Monday” I need to process…below is the pseudo code. Can you please prove the code for below condition. if (today=="Monday" ) { while (current_time LESS THAN 9:01 AM) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does rsync check and ignore files that already exist?

Hi, We have two (2) servers named primary and standby. There is a directory named /db01/archive that we need to keep in-sync. Files get transferred from primary and standby. Sometimes when we do a failover or when there is a network issue, some files fail to get transferred. I want to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync and Move files

I Have a requirement where i have to sync two directories one on source location server A and other on destination location server B as i do not have ssh access from server A----------->B I am doing rsync from server B, The Requirement is as follows Two directories on the source and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: James0806
4 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Rsync - not copy certain files

I use this rsync --progress -r -u /media/andy/MAXTOR_SDB1/Ubuntu_Mate_18.04/* /home/andy/Ubuntu_18.04_Programs/Is there a way to have it not copy files such as these? 2019-02-25_11:04 I found this but can not figure out what it's doing. 3. Exclude a specific file To exclude a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)