Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Scripting | Return list of unique characters in files Post 302986670 by Aia on Monday 28th of November 2016 08:31:19 PM
Old 11-28-2016
Code:
'ABC.{134}10'
ABC = 3
.{134} = 134
10 = 2

The 1 from the number 10 is found WITHIN a string of 138 matched elements and the 0 from 10 will be WITHIN a string of 139 matches.
There is no anchor that says that ABC is the start of the line, but the start of the matched string.

I do not see how it can work with what you said:
Quote:
'ABC' with value 10 at the 134 position
In that case, it would be something like grep -E '^ABC.{130}(1[01]|2[056])' *

Last edited by rbatte1; 11-29-2016 at 05:35 AM.. Reason: Corrected CODE tags
This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 files and return the unique lines in first file

Hi, I have 2 files file1 ******** 01-05-09|java.xls| 02-05-08|c.txt| 08-01-09|perl.txt| 01-01-09|oracle.txt| ******** file2 ******** 01-02-09|windows.xls| 02-05-08|c.txt| 01-05-09|java.xls| 08-02-09|perl.txt| 01-01-09|oracle.txt| ******** (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_v4
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture return value from java in shell scripting

Hi All, My shell script will call a java component with some arguments , the java component returns a string value to the shell script. How to assign the return value to the shell variable. Here is the sample code. In my shell script i am calling the java as fallows. --exporting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

return a list of unique values of a column from csv format file

Hi all, I have a huge csv file with the following format of data, Num SNPs, 549997 Total SNPs,555352 Num Samples, 157 SNP, SampleID, Allele1, Allele2 A001,AB1,A,A A002,AB1,A,A A003,AB1,A,A ... ... ... I would like to write out a list of unique SNP (column 1). Could you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoeberunner
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to find string and return following characters from list of files

Hi, I'm fairly new to UNIX, but hopefully some-one can help me with this: I am using the following code to find files with the name "example.xml": find . -name "example.xml" -print that would print me a list like the example here: ./dir1/dir2/example.xml... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boijie
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove characters from list of files

done some homework on this-- after i remove up to and including the ) i want to take newfile.txt and use that list to remove the files from a file in my the directory pwd i have a input.txt file cat input,txt 1)mary.jpg 12)john.jpg 100)frankkfkdf .jpg i want to remove the characters in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: plener
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return error if - or certain characters are present in a list of strings

I have a list of strings, for example: set strLst = "file1 file2 file3 file4" I want to log an error if some of the fields happen to begin with -, or have characters like ; : ' , ? ] { = Which means for example setting set ierr = 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting Function call return value

Hi I have a function : Make_Report() { trx_report=`sqlplus -s $conn_str << @@ set echo off; set pages 0; set feedback off; set verify off; select srv_trx_s_no,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neeraj617
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 files and return unique lines in each file (based on condition)

hi my problem is little complicated one. i have 2 files which appear like this file 1 abbsss:aa:22:34:as akl abc 1234 mkilll:as:ss:23:qs asc abc 0987 mlopii:cd:wq:24:as asd abc 7866 file2 lkoaa:as:24:32:sa alk abc 3245 lkmo:as:34:43:qs qsa abc 0987 kloia:ds:45:56:sa acq abc 7805 i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a string and then return the next 20 characters in multiple files

Hello all, I have a directory with 2000+ files. I need to look in each file for an invoice number. To identify this, i can search for the string 'BIG' and then retrieve the next 30 characters. I was thinking awk for this, but not sure how to do it. Each file contains one long string and in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdinero
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting - Select multiple files from numbered list

I am trying to have the user select two files from a numbered list which will eventually be turned into a variable then combined. This is probably something simple and stupid that I am doing. clear echo "Please Select the Show interface status file" select FILE1 in *; echo "Please Select the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dis0wned
3 Replies
TOKENS(1)						       AFS Command Reference							 TOKENS(1)

NAME
tokens, tokens.krb - Displays the issuer's tokens SYNOPSIS
tokens [-help] tokens [-h] tokens.krb [-help] tokens.krb [-h] DESCRIPTION
The tokens command displays all tokens (tickets) cached on the local machine for the issuer. AFS server processes require that their clients present a token as evidence that they have authenticated in the server's local cell. The (mostly obsolete) tokens.krb command is the same as tokens except that it also displays the user's Kerberos v4 ticket cache. OPTIONS
-help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output lists one token for each cell in which the user is authenticated. The output indicates the o User's AFS UID, if it is available for display. o Server for which the token is valid (normally, afs). This includes a cell specification. o Day and time the token expires. The output of the Kerberos version of this command, tokens.krb, also reports the following about the Kerberos ticket-granting ticket: the ticket owner, which Kerberos ticket-granting service that issued the ticket (for example, "krbtgt.ABC.COM"), and ticket's expiration date. The string "--End of list--" appears at the end of the output. If the user is not authenticated in any cell, this line is all that appears. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the output when the issuer is not authenticated in any cell. % tokens Tokens held by the Cache Manager: --End of list-- The following example shows the output when the issuer is authenticated in ABC Corporation cell, where he or she has AFS UID 1000. % tokens Tokens held by the Cache Manager: User's (AFS ID 1000) tokens for afs@abc.com [Expires Jan 2 10:00] --End of list-- The following example shows the output when the issuer is authenticated in the ABC Corporation cell, the State University cell, and the XYZ Company cell. The user has different AFS UIDs in the three cells. Tokens for last cell are expired: % tokens Tokens held by the Cache Manager: User's (AFS ID 1000) tokens for afs@abc.com [Expires Jan 3 10:00] User's (AFS ID 4286) tokens for afs@stateu.edu [Expires Jan 3 1:34] User's (AFS ID 22) tokens for afs@xyz.com [>>Expired<] --End of list-- The following example shows the output when the issuer uses the tokens.krb version of the command after authenticating in the ABC Corporation cell using the klog.krb command. % tokens.krb Tokens held by the Cache Manager: User's (AFS ID 1000) tokens for afs@abc.com [Expires Jan 31 00:09] User smiths tokens for krbtgt.ABC.COM@abc.com [Expires Jan 31 00:09] --End of list-- PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
klog(1), unlog(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 TOKENS(1)