Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Combine multiple commands
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combine multiple commands Post 302986418 by rovf on Friday 25th of November 2016 04:03:12 AM
Old 11-25-2016
From the 'konsole' man page:

-e command

Execute command instead of the normal shell.

This option will catch all following arguments passed to Konsole, and execute it as command. So this option should always be used as the last option.

From this, I would conclude that in your last example konsole is actually executing the command

Code:
ssh user@server2 -e cd directory

which should cause an error message to be displayed (which you probably don't see, because the konsole window will close too quickly).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine Two Commands Output

How i can combine output of two commands in one file.......i tried this but it is not working although each command is working good seperately..... head -1 filename | tail -1 filename i think there is problem with command concatenator? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: 33junaid
16 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine commands

Hi, i tried to combine grep with find and it didnt work grep 'find dirname filename" i also would like that the file will be sorted in the way. thanks a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spoiler
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk, combine commands

How would I combine two nawk commands together without calling up nawk twice. Just like the sed -e command nawk '$3>=from&&$3<=to' from="$STIME" to="$ETIME" | nawk '{$5="";$6=""}1' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine two lists From Multiple Grep commands.

I'm working with a file with an xml structure. I'd like to parse it down to just the bits i want. Here is and example of the file <message id="96352877" method="status"> <date rfc="Sat, 12 Mar 2011 16:13:15 -0600" unix="1299967995" /> <services> <service id="facebook"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erulisseuiin
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I combine these two commands into one?

sed -e :a -e 's/<*>//g;/</N;//ba' a2.html -removes html tags and sed -i 's/YOURS TRULY/Joe Bob/' a2.html Replaces a string with another string can i make it into one string? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyboy1212
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple awk commands

Hi Team, I am getting input like below $ ps -ef | grep pmon | grep -v asm | grep -v grep oracle 3246 1 0 00:03 ? 00:00:01 ora_pmon_racora1 oracle 4367 1 0 00:03 ? 00:00:01 ora_pmon_test1 oracle 6893 1 0 00:03 ? 00:00:01 ora_pmon_gipora1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csh - how to combine multiple commands in one line

Hey everyone, I am working in an environment where the different users can use ksh or csh. My situation is that I need the same result with one single command line. I am searching for the real path the file is in. My ksh input and output ts2:ts2adm> cd $(dirname $(which sapcontrol)); pwd -P... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h1kelds
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine awk commands into one

my code: gawk 'NR>'"${LASTLINENUM}"' && NR<='"${LINEENDNUM}"'' ${LOGFILE} | gawk '{l=$0;} /'"${STRING1}"'/ && /'"${STRING2}"'/ {for (i=NR-'"${BEFOREGLAF}"'; i<=NR+'"${AFTERGLAF}"'; i++) o=i; t++;} END { for(i=1; i<=NR; i++) if (o) print l; print t+=0;}' i would like to combine this into one... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine two awk commands

Hi, Can someone please guide me how to combine the following two awk calls in one? I noticed that it is very often situation for me, and I think that it can be replaced with one awk call. The question is more general, not the exact one. echo "A B C/D" | awk '{print $3}' | awk -F/ '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine 2 Commands

Hello, I have the following code. I wonder if it can be combined into 1 command. y=`ls -1| tail -n 1` m=${y%.abc} Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: april
3 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)