Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Shall script use and understanding Post 302986304 by mirwasim on Wednesday 23rd of November 2016 11:34:37 AM
Old 11-23-2016
no i edited my out put later, i was getting average and count & total as well.

sorry for that let try adding echo line at the end of script

---------- Post updated at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:45 PM ----------

i tried below, but it is not helping , can you see where i am wrong
Code:
#!/bin/bash
lastkey=""
count=0
total=0
iteration=1
while read line
 do
  newkey=`echo $line | awk '{print $1}'`
  value=`echo $line | awk '{print $2}'`
   if [ "$iteration" == "1" ]
 then
        lastkey=$newkey
        iteration=`expr $iteration + 1`
   fi
   if [[ "$lastkey" != "$newkey" ]]
 then
        average=`echo "scale=5;$total / $count" | bc`
echo -e "$lastkey \t $count"
        count=0
        lastkey=$newkey;
        total=0
        average=0
   fi
   total=`expr $total + $value`
   lastkey=$newkey
count=`expr $count + 1`;
echo -e "$lastkey \t $count"
done

---------- Post updated at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:51 PM ----------

---------- Post updated at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:51 PM ----------

i got it now, thanks Rudic For your support

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help understanding script command

We use a UNIX-based system (Lawson) at work and I was given this command to request a data extract from the db admin. The only thing I really understand is the last line as it appears to be joining the files created from the first three lines into one. Is there anyone who can help me breakdown the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KGee
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding a script

Hello everybody, Can anybody tell me of what "~" refers to in the below code snippet. lsvg $vgNAME | awk 'BEGIN {freeDISK=1} {if (($4 ~ /PP/ && $5 ~ /SIZE/) || ($4 ~ /FREE/ && $5 ~ /PPs/)) {freeDISK *= $6 }} END {print freeDISK*1024 }' Thanks in advance, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for understanding of script

# sub: find block (in cols), return line-numbers (begin-end) or 0 if notfound sub findb{ my ($exp1,$col1,$exp2,$col2)= @_; # $exp = expression to find, $col - column to search in my $cnt=0; my ($val1,$val2); my ($beg,$end); for($cnt=1;$cnt<=65536;$cnt++){ $val1 =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

understanding awk in this script

i am analyzing a query written by another developer ,need to understand part of script am looking at a code ..and it converts comma files to pipe delimited and also takes away quotes from any columns, source field format: 2510,"Debbie",NewYork changes to target: 2510|Debbie|NewYork ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolrock
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help understanding this script.

Can someone explain what is happening line by line in this script, particularly after the do statement. The script works, it renames all the files in my directory that has a date in the file name. But I would like to know more about it. #!/bin/bash newdate=12-10-1995 for file in *--* do ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with understanding script

i am trying to understand this script example. the text does not explain it. can someone tell me briefly what each of the functions do. any help will be appreciated. #!/bin/bash killtree() { local _pid=$1 local _sig=${2-TERM} for _child in $(ps -o pid --no-headers --ppid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iluvsushi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding the script

Hi Guys, I am new to scripting , I am trying to rebuild a script based on an old script. Can someone help me figure out what the script is doing? This is only a part of the script. I am looking to interpret these two points in the scripts:- 1) test=`echo $?` while I do not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajsan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help--understanding the script

Hi, New to this forum, as well as to unix scripting..need help to understand below script ... sendNotice_sp() { ATTACH=${LNXLOG:-} if ; then if ; then mail -s "$ERR_MSG" $ERR_EMAIL_TO < $ATTACH fi else mail -s "$ERR_MSG" $ERR_EMAIL_TO < /dev/null fi } afaik this is sm kind of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding the script

Could someone please help me in understanding the code below: #!/usr/bin/ksh Month=`date|cut -c5-7` Day=`date|cut -c9-10` Year=`date|cut -c27-28` Rom2Jul() { case $Month in Feb) Day=$(( $Day+31 ));; Mar) Day=$((... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasn318
27 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Understanding a script for sum

Hello, How come the following script adds each numeric value to a total sum ? x=$1 func() { for i in $1 $2 $3; do let x= $x+$i done } func "8 8 8" 9 9 echo $x A.How the program sums the string "8 8 8" if it`s only the first field value ($1)? B.If we define x to be $1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uniran
3 Replies
newkey(1M)						  System Administration Commands						newkey(1M)

NAME
newkey - create a new Diffie-Hellman key pair in the publickey database SYNOPSIS
newkey -h hostname [-s nisplus | nis | files | ldap] newkey -u username [-s nisplus | nis | files | ldap] DESCRIPTION
newkey establishes new public keys for users and machines on the network. These keys are needed when using secure RPC or secure NFS ser- vice. newkey prompts for a password for the given username or hostname and then creates a new public/secret Diffie-Hellman 192 bit key pair for the user or host. The secret key is encrypted with the given password. The key pair can be stored in the /etc/publickey file, the NIS pub- lickey map, or the NIS+ cred.org_dir table. newkey consults the publickey entry in the name service switch configuration file (see nsswitch.conf(4)) to determine which naming service is used to store the secure RPC keys. If the publickey entry specifies a unique name service, newkey will add the key in the specified name service. However, if there are multiple name services listed, newkey cannot decide which source to update and will display an error mes- sage. The user is required to specify the source explicitly with the -s option. In the case of NIS, newkey should be run by the superuser on the master NIS server for that domain. In the case of NIS+, newkey should be run by the superuser on a machine which has permission to update the cred.org_dir table of the new user/host domain. In the case of NIS+, nisaddcred(1M) should be used to add new keys. newkey cannot be used to create keys other than 192-bit Diffie-Hellman. In the case of LDAP, newkey should be run by the superuser on a machine that also recognizes the directory manager's bind distinguished name (DN) and password to perform an LDAP update for the host. OPTIONS
-h hostname Create a new public/secret key pair for the privileged user at the given hostname. Prompts for a password for the given hostname. -u username Create a new public/secret key pair for the given username. Prompts for a password for the given username. -s nisplus Update the database in the specified source: nisplus (for NIS+), nis (for NIS), files, or ldap (LDAP). Other sources may be -s nis available in the future. -s files -s ldap ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
chkey(1), keylogin(1), nisaddcred(1M), nisclient(1M), nsswitch.conf(4), publickey(4), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 13 Nov 2003 newkey(1M)