Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to print hash of hash in table format Post 302986036 by durden_tyler on Friday 18th of November 2016 06:54:57 PM
Old 11-18-2016
Code:
$ 
$ cat -n print_hoh.pl
     1	#!/usr/bin/perl -w
     2	use strict;
     3	my ($result, $name, $activities, $value);
     5	# Subroutine section
     6	sub build_hoh {
     7	    ($name, $activities, $value) = @_;
     8	    $result->{$name}->{$activities} = $value;
     9	}
    11	sub print_hoh {
    12	    my @values = ();
    13	    my @names = sort keys %{$result};
    14	    my @activities = sort keys %{$result->{$names[0]}};
    15	    my $hdr_fmt = "%10s|%-6s|%-6s|%-6s|%-6s|\n";
    16	    my $row_fmt = "%-10s|%6d|%6d|%6d|%6d|\n";
    17	    printf($hdr_fmt, "", @names);
    18	    foreach my $act (@activities) {
    19	        foreach my $name (@names) {
    20	            push(@values, $result->{$name}->{$act});
    21	        }
    22	        printf($row_fmt, $act, @values);
    23	        @values = ();
    24	    }
    25	}
    27	# Main section
    28	build_hoh("robert", "running", 10);
    29	build_hoh("robert", "eating", 20);
    30	build_hoh("robert", "sleeping", 9);
    31	build_hoh("robert", "drinking", 0);
    32	build_hoh("robert", "work", 10);
    34	build_hoh("tom", "running", 8);
    35	build_hoh("tom", "eating", 5);
    36	build_hoh("tom", "sleeping", 9);
    37	build_hoh("tom", "drinking", 1);
    38	build_hoh("tom", "work", 10);
    40	build_hoh("cat", "running", 3);
    41	build_hoh("cat", "eating", 3);
    42	build_hoh("cat", "sleeping", 8);
    43	build_hoh("cat", "drinking", 2);
    44	build_hoh("cat", "work", 9);
    46	build_hoh("peter", "running", 3);
    47	build_hoh("peter", "eating", 2);
    48	build_hoh("peter", "sleeping", 10);
    49	build_hoh("peter", "drinking", 0);
    50	build_hoh("peter", "work", 10);
    52	print_hoh;
$ 
$ perl print_hoh.pl
          |cat   |peter |robert|tom   |
drinking  |     2|     0|     0|     1|
eating    |     3|     2|    20|     5|
running   |     3|     3|    10|     8|
sleeping  |     8|    10|     9|     9|
work      |     9|    10|    10|    10|
$ 
$

Note that the "keys" function returns the keys of a hash in an apparently random order.
I sorted names as well as activities, so the values in my output are ordered horizontally by name and vertically by activities.
This User Gave Thanks to durden_tyler For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

hash table implementations in C Language

Hello List, Iam searching for a solution where i can use hash based searching . In Detail , I have linked list which will be dynamically increasing . I need a best searching mechanisim such a way that it can take only one itereation . Right now iam using linear search which is taking... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlrk
11 Replies

2. Programming

Creating a Hash Table

Dear Friends, I want to create a hash table using the standard Glib header (if possible) so that I can store a structure and keep the hash key(search key) based on a string. Any example code would be great since I am not able to get the main idea. best regards Skull (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmetheskull
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nested hash table

Hi, I have a nested hash table say for example as follows: %coins = ( 1 => { "Quarter"=>25, "Dime"=>10, "Nickel"=>5, }, 2 => { "asd"=>34, "qwe"=>45, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arthi
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Entire hash list (hash of hashes)

I have a script with dynamic hash of hashes , and I want to print the entire hash (with all other hashes). Itried to do it recursively by checking if the current key is a hash and if yes call the current function again with refference to the sub hash. Most of the printing seems to be OK but in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alalush
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Hash:Can not keep hash data in the same order that it was inserted

Can Someone explain me why even using Tie::IxHash I can not get the output data in the same order that it was inserted? See code below. #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use Tie::IxHash; use strict; tie (my %programs, "Tie::IxHash"); while (my $line = <DATA>) { chomp $line; my(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgfcoimbra
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl hash - using a range as a hash key.

Hi, In Perl, is it possible to use a range of numbers with '..' as a key in a hash? Something in like: %hash = ( '768..1536' => '1G', '1537..2560' => '2G' ); That is, the range operation is evaluated, and all members of the range are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsw
3 Replies

7. Programming

Hash table

Hi, I hope someone can help me with the following prob.. I need to implement a hashtable whose KEYs are strings and VLAUEs are again hashtables. ie key - is a string and value -is another hashtable . So.... how am I supposed to be implementing my nested hashtable? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrew.paul
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values of hashes of hash for n number of hash in perl without sorting.

Hi, I have an hashes of hash, where hash is dynamic, it can be n number of hash. i need to compare data_count values of all . my %result ( $abc => { 'data_count' => '10', 'ID' => 'ABC122', } $def => { 'data_count' => '20', 'ID' => 'defASe', ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically parse BibTeX and create hash of hash

Hello gurus, Iam trying to parse following BibTex file (bibliography.bib): @book{Lee2000a, abstract = {Abstract goes here}, author = {Lee, Wenke and Stolfo, Salvatore J}, title = {{Data mining approaches for intrusion detection}}, year = {2000} } @article{Forrest1996, abstract =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

10. Programming

Hash Table

I was looking at this script and was wondering if anyone can explain what this script does and how does it work. Thank you for any help. State* lookup(char* prefix, int create) { int i, h; State *sp = NULL ; h = hash(prefix); for (sp = statetab; sp != NULL; sp... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: totoro125
14 Replies
gnomevfs-cat(1)                                                    User Commands                                                   gnomevfs-cat(1)

NAME
gnomevfs-cat - print a file to standard output using the VFS system SYNOPSIS
gnomevfs-cat URI DESCRIPTION
gnomevfs-cat prints a file to standard output using the virtual file system to access the file via a URI. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: URI Specifies the file location in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Cat a File From a Web Server example% gnomevfs-cat http://www.sun.com Example 2: Cat a Local File example% gnomevfs-cat file:///home/user/README.txt ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnomevfs-cat Executable to print a file to standard output using the VFS system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-vfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnomevfs-copy(1), gnomevfs-info(1), gnomevfs-ls(1), gnomevfs-mkdir(1) NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 2004 gnomevfs-cat(1)