Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to delete the previous line after pattern match? Post 302985997 by Nagaraj R on Friday 18th of November 2016 04:50:16 AM
Old 11-18-2016
Thank you Rudic and MadeInGermany. It worked and helped me to get this task done.

Thank you others as well for the response.!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a line that does not match the pattern

hi, i am parsing a file, in that searching for lines those contains "$threadNo.Received message:" , if that line contains the required fields write them into a separate file other wise ignore them. i am using the following code,but it is printing all the lines , i dont want to rpint , please help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

return previous line for pattern match

Hi, Need some idea on file processing, I have file like below, Processing al sources ... ...No value found : CHECK. Completed comparing all sources. Comparing schedulers... Processing al targets ... ...No value found : From above I need to extract the line where "No value... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find pattern a delete previous 5 lines

Hi guys, i have the follow problem i need to delete 10 row before the pattern and 1 after and the pattern row itself. file looks like: frect 9.8438 25.8681 10.625 25 . dynprop \ (# \ (call fox_execute(__self))) \ (FOX_VAR_29 \ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EjjE
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line with match and previous line quoting/escaping problem

Hi folks, I've list of LDAP records in this format: cat cmmac.export.tmp2 dn: deviceId=0a92746a54tbmd34b05758900131136a506,ou=devices,ou=customer,ou=nl,o=upc cmmac: 00:13:11:36:a5:06 dn: deviceId=0a92746a62pbms4662299650015961cfa23,ou=devices,ou=customer,ou=nl,o=upc cmmac:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomas.polak
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find a string in a line in UNIX file and delete that line and previous 3 lines ?

Hi , i have a file with data as below.This is same file. But actual file contains to many rows. i want to search for a string "Field 039 00" and delete that line and previous 3 lines in that file.. Can some body suggested me how can i do using either sed or awk command ? Field 004... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadlamudy
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line by pattern match in column

file: 1|12322|tow| 5|23422|pow| 6|23423|cow| 3|34324|how| deletelines: 12322 23423 My command to delete line while read NUM do awk -F"\|" '$2 !~ /`"$NUM"`/' file >file.back mv file.back file done<deletelines (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print previous line of multiple pattern matched line?

Hello, I have below format log file, Comparing csv_converted_files/2201/9747.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv and csv_converted_files/22019/97447.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv Comparing csv_converted_files/2559/9447.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindshukla81
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines from line with pattern match to a line that ends in a pattern

I am trying to combine lines with these conditions: 1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text. 2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon. 3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
5 Replies

10. AIX

Print nth previous line after match

Please help me print nth line after match awk or sed one line command. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushma123
3 Replies
mms_send_cmd(3MMS)				     Media Management System Library Functions					mms_send_cmd(3MMS)

NAME
mms_send_cmd, mms_send_acmd, mms_read_response, mms_free_rsp - communication functions for MMS client SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag...] file... -lmms [ library...] #include <mms_api.h> int mms_send_cmd(void *session, char *cmd, void **rsp); int mms_send_acmd(void *session, char *cmd, void (*callbk)(void *arg, void *arg1), void callbk_parm); int mms_read_response(void *session, char *tid, void **rsp); void mms_free_rsp(void *rsp); DESCRIPTION
For these functions, session specifies which session to use to communicate with the MMS. The mms_send_cmd() function sends an MMP command cmd with a task ID of tid to MMS. On successful completion of the command, the response is returned in rsp. This function can be used in either a synchronous or asynchronous session. The mms_send_acmd() function sends an MMP command cmd with a task ID of tid to MMS, but does not wait for a response from MMS. When a response is received, the API invokes the call back function callbk, passing callbk_parm as the first argument and the response as the sec- ond argument. This function can only be used in an asynchronous session. The mms_read_response() function obtains additional responses if the response to mms_send_cmd() or mms_send_acmd() function returned an "intermediate" response. This occurs when the response exceeds the allowed size and has to be delivered in several separate responses. The mms_free_rsp() function frees the memory associated with a response from one of the communication functions. Response Types There are five possible responses from MMS: cancelled The client cancelled the command prior to MMS starting execution of it. error The command failed to be executed. The format of the error response contains a error class and code indicating the type of failure that occurred. An optional error message may also be specified. intermediate The response contains data that exceeds a preset memory size that a response can contain. If a command generates a response that exceeds the preset memory size, MMS breaks the response into a series of responses consisting of one or more interme- diate responses followed by a success response. Each of the intermediate responses and the success response will contain a valid response structure that the client can process individually. success The command has completed successfully. The data that is returned with the success response is dependent on what the com- mand requested for a report. unacceptable The syntax of the command the client sent to MMS was invalid. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, MMS_API_OK is returned. If a function encounters a processing error, it returns an error code indicating the type of error. ERRORS
These functions will fail if: MMS_API_ERR Unrecoverable internal processing error occurred. MMS_API_NOT_ERR_RSP Response is not an error response. MMS_API_SHUTDOWN Client has shut down API. MMS_ASYNC_API_FAILURE Reader thread unable to obtain reader mutex. MMS_CFG_FILE_ERR Unable to open watcher daemon's network configuration file. MMS_E_CONNECT_ERR Failed to connect to MMS. MMS_E_INVALID_RESPONSE Invalid MMS response to command. MMS_E_NET_IO_ERR Connection failure to MMS. MMS_E_SYNTAX_ERR MMS response contained a syntax error. MMS_ERR_BIAS Unknown Error code. MMS_INVALID_RSP Unknown response type received. MMS_MALLOC_ERROR Unable to allocate required space. MMS_MISSING_TASKID Unable to find task ID in response. MMS_SELECT_ERROR Select system call failed. MMS_TRACE_FAILURE Unable to open API's trace file. MMS_WRONG_API_MODE API session does not support this API command. MMS_WRONG_TASKID Wrong task ID found for accept response. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libmms(3LIB), mms_rsp_type(3MMS), mms_init(3MMS), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Oct 2008 mms_send_cmd(3MMS)