Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to delete the previous line after pattern match? Post 302985997 by Nagaraj R on Friday 18th of November 2016 04:50:16 AM
Old 11-18-2016
Thank you Rudic and MadeInGermany. It worked and helped me to get this task done.

Thank you others as well for the response.!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a line that does not match the pattern

hi, i am parsing a file, in that searching for lines those contains "$threadNo.Received message:" , if that line contains the required fields write them into a separate file other wise ignore them. i am using the following code,but it is printing all the lines , i dont want to rpint , please help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

return previous line for pattern match

Hi, Need some idea on file processing, I have file like below, Processing al sources ... ...No value found : CHECK. Completed comparing all sources. Comparing schedulers... Processing al targets ... ...No value found : From above I need to extract the line where "No value... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find pattern a delete previous 5 lines

Hi guys, i have the follow problem i need to delete 10 row before the pattern and 1 after and the pattern row itself. file looks like: frect 9.8438 25.8681 10.625 25 . dynprop \ (# \ (call fox_execute(__self))) \ (FOX_VAR_29 \ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EjjE
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line with match and previous line quoting/escaping problem

Hi folks, I've list of LDAP records in this format: cat cmmac.export.tmp2 dn: deviceId=0a92746a54tbmd34b05758900131136a506,ou=devices,ou=customer,ou=nl,o=upc cmmac: 00:13:11:36:a5:06 dn: deviceId=0a92746a62pbms4662299650015961cfa23,ou=devices,ou=customer,ou=nl,o=upc cmmac:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomas.polak
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find a string in a line in UNIX file and delete that line and previous 3 lines ?

Hi , i have a file with data as below.This is same file. But actual file contains to many rows. i want to search for a string "Field 039 00" and delete that line and previous 3 lines in that file.. Can some body suggested me how can i do using either sed or awk command ? Field 004... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadlamudy
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line by pattern match in column

file: 1|12322|tow| 5|23422|pow| 6|23423|cow| 3|34324|how| deletelines: 12322 23423 My command to delete line while read NUM do awk -F"\|" '$2 !~ /`"$NUM"`/' file >file.back mv file.back file done<deletelines (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print previous line of multiple pattern matched line?

Hello, I have below format log file, Comparing csv_converted_files/2201/9747.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv and csv_converted_files/22019/97447.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv Comparing csv_converted_files/2559/9447.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindshukla81
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines from line with pattern match to a line that ends in a pattern

I am trying to combine lines with these conditions: 1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text. 2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon. 3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
5 Replies

10. AIX

Print nth previous line after match

Please help me print nth line after match awk or sed one line command. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushma123
3 Replies
UDPLSI(1)							  LTP executables							 UDPLSI(1)

NAME
udplsi - UDP-based LTP link service input task SYNOPSIS
udplsi {local_hostname | @}[:local_port_nbr] DESCRIPTION
udplsi is a background "daemon" task that receives UDP datagrams via a UDP socket bound to local_hostname and local_port_nbr, extracts LTP segments from those datagrams, and passes them to the local LTP engine. Host name "@" signifies that the host name returned by hostname(1) is to be used as the socket's host name. If not specified, port number defaults to 1113. The link service input task is spawned automatically by ltpadmin in response to the 's' command that starts operation of the LTP protocol; the text of the command that is used to spawn the task must be provided as a parameter to the 's' command. The link service input task is terminated by ltpadmin in response to an 'x' (STOP) command. EXIT STATUS
0 udplsi terminated normally, for reasons noted in the ion.log file. If this termination was not commanded, investigate and solve the problem identified in the log file and use ltpadmin to restart udplsi. 1 udplsi terminated abnormally, for reasons noted in the ion.log file. Investigate and solve the problem identified in the log file, then use ltpadmin to restart udplsi. FILES
No configuration files are needed. ENVIRONMENT
No environment variables apply. DIAGNOSTICS
The following diagnostics may be issued to the ion.log log file: udplsi can't initialize LTP. ltpadmin has not yet initialized LTP protocol operations. LSI task is already started. Redundant initiation of udplsi. LSI can't open UDP socket Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and restart udplsi. LSI can't initialize socket Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and restart udplsi. LSI can't create receiver thread Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and restart udplsi. BUGS
Report bugs to <ion-bugs@korgano.eecs.ohiou.edu> SEE ALSO
ltpadmin(1), udplso(1), owltsim(1) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 UDPLSI(1)