Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep: line too long error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep: line too long error Post 302985956 by rdrtx1 on Thursday 17th of November 2016 10:08:19 AM
Old 11-17-2016
Code:
sed -n '/user1/p' server.out

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting error 0403-016 Cannot find or open the file while reading a long line

Hi, I have an requirement of reading a long line of 7000 chars and cutting it iam doing this : while read -r x do echo $x ......... done < `cat filename` when iam doing this it is giving me "0403-016 Cannot find or open the file." Can anyone let how this can be done. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthee
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep : search a long char contain space

Hi, i have to search for a char like that : export var1="i am not happy /not happy" with a command like : grep $var1 file but this not working with me !!! thank you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tizilfin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

a better way to grep until end of error message, although most seem to be 1 or 2 line

My file creates an output log after which includes a few sql queries. I segregate them into warnings and errors and then get a total count. The errors' and warnings' lines always start with SQL{4} followed by the details of the error. This is what im doing as o now... errors=`grep -A 1 -E... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: VGR
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep/matching help with long listing of directories

How do I get this to work? cat somefile | grep "-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 287 Sep 10 15:12 shells~" This is the the desired output -rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 287 Sep 10 15:12 shells~ I basically want an exact match of the line I am grepping for, the special characters and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep long line

I am trying to get the count of a word from an xml using the below command grep "search word" -c test.xml The result is only 1, because my xml contains only one line (hule line- several thousand characters). I guess grep command will process for only 128 characters for each line. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky23
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi : Line too Long Error

Hi ! I am woking on Solaris 5.10 and face a problem sometimes when i try to open files in the vi editor . Sometime when the file is big i am not able to view the file in vi and i get the error like I guess vi have some line size setting and if the lines are ,longer than that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paarth
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Line too long error Replace string with new line line character

I get a file which has all its content in a single row. The file contains xml data containing 3000 records, but all in a single row, making it difficult for Unix to Process the file. I decided to insert a new line character at all occurrences of a particular string in this file (say replacing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ducati
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep the line with error where keyword in next line is known.

If a file consists of a thousands of line. There is a error line in the file which exists just before the line with word "Manish". How could I write a script to grep the line with error. Ex:- If I have a UNIX file which contains the following: bash-3.2$ cat unix.txt Unix (officially... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep : Argument list too long

Hi, i am having some trouble with the below command, can some one suggest me the better way to do it. grep -l 'ReturnCode=1' `find $Log -newer /tmp/Failed.tmp -print | xargs ls -ld | egrep SUB | egrep -ve 'MTP' -ve 'ABC' -ve 'DEF' -ve 'JKL' -ve 'XYZ' | awk '{print $9}'` > $Home1 Its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek007
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vi editor Line too Long Error

My file is 13 mb but it has big long lines. i tried in vain vi -R filename I tried in vainbash: vim: command not found SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-26 sun4v sparc sun4vCan you please suggest? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)