Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replacement Query in a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacement Query in a file Post 302985928 by RudiC on Thursday 17th of November 2016 05:05:58 AM
Old 11-17-2016
Any attempts/ideas/thoughts from your side?

Are those the verbatim ASCII control characters <CR> (\r, 0x0D, ^M) and <NL> (\n, 0x0A, ^J), or two chars each, "\" and "r" or "\" and "n"?

Please note that there's NO single quote in field 4
Quote:
|123|Mukesh\r\n|Vivek"sharma|
so your spec wouldn't apply.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding a numeric value in a file for replacement

thank u optimus,but one more dout..it might be silly..how do i get the value in the file that should be replaced..while running the script..its an numeric value..that i want to change.. when i used sed for replacement ie. sed s/521000/100/p with print option it is printing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Babu
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement of text in a file

Hi , I have some data in my file(properties.txt) like this. # agent.properties agent.dmp.Location= agent.name= I need to relpace the agent.dmp.location with agent.dmp.Location = /opt/VRTS/vxvm I am using the follwing to replace the string AGENT_NAME=snmp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacement in unicode file

Hi there, I have a file generated by a windows registry (it's unicode) and can't get to do some replacements on it. I want to join lines that end with backslash with the next one. santiago@ks354286:~$ cat win.reg ÿþWindows Registry Editor Version 5.00 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Replacement Help

Hi all, I have two files, one is a base file and the other is a dependency file. I need to replace a section in the base file (File A) with a section from the dependency file (File B), for example: File A: ... <TagName> <TagA>MyBaseFile</TagA> <TagB>MyBaseFileID</TagB> </TagName>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix file pattern check and replacement

HI Guys , Using UNIX ,I intend to check with correct file pattern Access_file_Record.YYYYMM in path /tmp If the file exist in correct format come out from code . If not found check with different file patterns for same month period YYYYMM ( Like Access_file_Record_YYYYMM.txt or... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional replacement of columns in a text file

Hello scriping expert friends, I have 2 requirements on replacing fields of text files: I have lot of data with contents like below: Requirement-1: The digit after 0 should always be changed to 1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File size changes on replacement of certain numbers

I had a doubt regarding how the file size changes and needed some advice on the same So I have this file say abc.txt.. Size was 10000. Now inside the file when I go and I replace all the number 7 numerals with number 4 file size changed to 9984. Any idea why and how ?? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: how to use file contents in replacement string

I want to replace a string by contents of file. I am trying the following sed command: cat sample | sed "s^<enter description here>^`cat details`^" But it is not working. a=`cat details` and using $a will not help since it will affect the whitespaces. What am I missing in the above sed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand_bh
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement of variable by their content in a file

Dear all, I have a "SQL request" in a file: that request include different "host variable" and I would like to substitute the different "host variable" by their respective content before executing the request. For example: $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash $ cat dae2.txt DELETE FROM ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dae
11 Replies
EVENTBUFFER(3)								 1							    EVENTBUFFER(3)

The EventBuffer class

INTRODUCTION
EventBuffer represents Libevent's "evbuffer", an utility functionality for buffered I/O. Event buffers are meant to be generally useful for doing the "buffer" part of buffered network I/O. CLASS SYNOPSIS
EventBuffer EventBuffer Constants o const integer$EventBuffer::EOL_ANY0 o const integer$EventBuffer::EOL_CRLF1 o const integer$EventBuffer::EOL_CRLF_STRICT2 o const integer$EventBuffer::EOL_LF3 o const integer$EventBuffer::PTR_SET0 o const integer$EventBuffer::PTR_ADD1 Properties o publicreadonly int$length o publicreadonly int$contiguous_space Methods o public bool EventBuffer::add (string $data) o public bool EventBuffer::addBuffer (EventBuffer $buf) o public int EventBuffer::appendFrom (EventBuffer $buf, int $len) o public EventBuffer::__construct (void ) o public int EventBuffer::copyout (string &$data, int $max_bytes) o public bool EventBuffer::drain (int $len) o public void EventBuffer::enableLocking (void ) o public bool EventBuffer::expand (int $len) o public bool EventBuffer::freeze (bool $at_front) o public void EventBuffer::lock (void ) o public bool EventBuffer::prepend (string $data) o public bool EventBuffer::prependBuffer (EventBuffer $buf) o public string EventBuffer::pullup (int $size) o public string EventBuffer::read (int $max_bytes) o public int EventBuffer::read (mixed $fd, int $howmuch) o public string EventBuffer::readLine (int $eol_style) o public mixed EventBuffer::search (string $what, [int $start = -1], [int $end = -1]) o public mixed EventBuffer::searchEol EventBuffer::EOL_ANY ([int $start = -1], [int $eol_style]) o public string EventBuffer::substr (int $start, [int $length]) o public bool EventBuffer::unfreeze (bool $at_front) o public bool EventBuffer::unlock (void ) o public int EventBuffer::write (mixed $fd, [int $howmuch]) PROPERTIES
o $length - The number of bytes stored in an event buffer. o $contiguous_space - The number of bytes stored contiguously at the front of the buffer. The bytes in a buffer may be stored in multiple separate chunks of memory; the property returns the number of bytes currently stored in the first chunk. PREDEFINED CONSTANTS
o EventBuffer::EOL_ANY - The end of line is any sequence of any number of carriage return and linefeed characters. This format is not very useful; it exists mainly for backward compatibility. o EventBuffer::EOL_CRLF - The end of the line is an optional carriage return, followed by a linefeed. (In other words, it is either a " " or a " " .) This format is useful in parsing text-based Internet protocols, since the standards generally prescribe a " " line-terminator, but nonconformant clients sometimes say just " " . o EventBuffer::EOL_CRLF_STRICT - The end of a line is a single carriage return, followed by a single linefeed. (This is also known as " " . The ASCII values are 0x0D 0x0A ). o EventBuffer::EOL_LF - The end of a line is a single linefeed character. (This is also known as " " . It is ASCII value is 0x0A .) o EventBuffer::PTR_SET - Flag used as argument of EventBuffer::setPosition method. If this flag specified, the position pointer is moved to an absolute position within the buffer. o EventBuffer::PTR_ADD - The same as EventBuffer::PTR_SET , except this flag causes EventBuffer::setPosition method to move position forward up to the specified number of bytes(instead of setting absolute position). PHP Documentation Group EVENTBUFFER(3)