Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Presenting data in column format Post 302985795 by drl on Tuesday 15th of November 2016 10:31:47 AM
Old 11-15-2016
Hi.

A kind of automatic alignment can be done with align:
Code:
$ align data1 
aal_mock             deployed
consumerProfile      deployed
EbillMock            deployed
IAMAOGServices       deployed
IAMPermission        deployed
notificationservice  deployed
tibco_mock           deployed
tmo-iam-aa           deployed
tmo-iam-pm           deployed
tmo-iam-privacyvault deployed
tmo-iam-provisioning deployed
tmo-iam-provisioning undeployed

or, if more space is desired, increase the gutter:
Code:
$ align -g 10 data1 
aal_mock                      deployed
consumerProfile               deployed
EbillMock                     deployed
IAMAOGServices                deployed
IAMPermission                 deployed
notificationservice           deployed
tibco_mock                    deployed
tmo-iam-aa                    deployed
tmo-iam-pm                    deployed
tmo-iam-privacyvault          deployed
tmo-iam-provisioning          deployed
tmo-iam-provisioning          undeployed

On my system:
Code:
OS, ker|rel, machine: Linux, 3.16.0-4-amd64, x86_64
Distribution        : Debian 8.6 (jessie) 
align 1.7.0

Characteristics of align:
Code:
align   Align columns of text. (what)
Path    : ~/p/stm/common/scripts/align
Length  : 270 lines
Type    : Perl script, ASCII text executable
Shebang : #!/usr/bin/perl
Help    : probably available with --help

And align can be found at:
align: text column alignment filter

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

Last edited by drl; 11-15-2016 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: Edit 1: minor typo

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting a tabular format data to comma seperated data in KSH

Hi, Could anyone help me in changing a tabular format output to comma seperated file pls in K-sh. Its very urgent. E.g : username empid ------------------------ sri 123 to username,empid sri,123 Thanks, Hema:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hemamalini
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format - Inventory Row data into Column - Awk - Nawk

Hi All, I have the following file that has computer data for various pcs in my network... Snap of the file is as follows ******************************************************************************* Serial 123456 Computer IP Address lo0:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aavam
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on match against one column data from a long list data

My input file: data_5 Ali 422 2.00E-45 102/253 140/253 24 data_3 Abu 202 60.00E-45 12/23 140/23 28 data_1 Ahmad 256 7.00E-45 120/235 140/235 22 data_4 Aman 365 8.00E-45 15/65 140/65 20 data_10 Jones 869 9.00E-45 65/253 140/253 18... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort a the file & refine data column & row format

cat file1.txt field1 "user1": field2:"data-cde" field3:"data-pqr" field4:"data-mno" field1 "user1": field2:"data-dcb" field3:"data-mxz" field4:"data-zul" field1 "user2": field2:"data-cqz" field3:"data-xoq" field4:"data-pos" Now i need to have the date like below. i have just... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckaramsetty
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files and match column data and align data from 3 column

Hello experts, Please help me in achieving this in an easier way possible. I have 2 csv files with following data: File1 08/23/2012 12:35:47,JOB_5330 08/23/2012 12:35:47,JOB_5330 08/23/2012 12:36:09,JOB_5340 08/23/2012 12:36:14,JOB_5340 08/23/2012 12:36:22,JOB_5350 08/23/2012... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing data format from column into array

I have a file containing numbers in a column like: 10.5 16.3 15.7 2.3 46.8 3.3 . . . and I was wondering if there was a way to make it show up in an array form like: 10.5 2.3 16.3 46.8 15.7 3.3 Let's say I want to make a new column every 100 values. How can I do... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShiGua
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - script help: column to row format of data allignment?

Experts Good day, I have the following data, file1 BRAAGRP1 A2X B2X C2X D2X BRBGRP12 A3X B3X Z10 D09 BRC1GRP2 LO01 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Des/awk for change format and adding integers in a column of data?

Greetings! I need a quick way to change the format in a table of data Here is an example of the input: 10 72 Value=177 VDB=0.0245 Value4=0,0,171,0 10 274 Value=238 VDB=0.0433 Value4=29,0,205,0 10 312 Value=222 VDB=0.0384 Value4=8,0,190,19 10 540 Value=405 VDB=0.0391 Value4=13,30,153,195... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change data in one column with data from another file's column

Hello, I have this file outputData: # cat /tmp/outputData __Capacity^6^NBSC01_Licences^L3_functionality_for_ESB_switch __Capacity^2100^NBSC01_Licences^Gb_over_IP __Capacity^1837^NBSC01_Licences^EDGE_BSS_Fnc __Capacity^1816^NBSC01_Licences^GPRS_CS3_and_CS4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nypreH
1 Replies
asadmin-deploydir(1AS)						   User Commands					    asadmin-deploydir(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-deploydir, deploydir - deploys an exploded format of application archive SYNOPSIS
deploydir --user admin_user[--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] [--virtualservers virtual_servers] [--contextroot context_root] [--force=true] [--ver- ify=false] [--precompilejsp=false][--name component_name] [--uniquetablenames=true | false] [--dbvendorname dbvendorname] [--createta- bles=false | --dropandcreatetables=false] dirpath Deploys the exploded format of the application archives present under the directory provided as the command operand. The deployed format, of EAR or WAR applications, reside on the application server and have a directory structure which can be used for deployment. The --force option makes sure the component is forcefully (re)deployed even if the specified component has already been deployed or already exists. Set --force to false for a first deployment. If the application with that name is running, and force is set to false, the command fails. If the --uniquetablenames, --createtables, and --dropandcreatetables options are not specified, the entries in the deployment descriptors are used. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. --interactive prompts you for the required options that are not already specified. --virtualservers comma separated list of virtual server IDs. --contextroot valid only if the archive is a web module. It is ignored for other archive types; defaults to filename without extension. --force makes sure the component is forcefully (re)deployed even if the specified component has already been deployed or already exists. --precompilejsp by default is set to false which does not allow the JSP to pre-compile during deployment. Instead JSPs are compiled during runtime. --verify if set to true, the syntax and semantics of the deployment descriptor is verified. --name name of the deployable component. --uniquetablenames guarantees unique table names for all the beans and results in a hashcode added to the table names. This is useful if you have an pplication with case-sensitive bean names. --dbvendorname name of the database vendor being used. Default is the corresponding entry in the cmp-resource () element of the sun-ejb-jar.xml file. If not specified, the default is SQL92. Thereby the DDL files to create and drop tables will be generated in SQL92 format. --createtables creates tables during deployment for applications using unmapped CMP beans. Default is the corresponding entry in the cmp-resource element of the sun-ejb-jar.xml file. If not specified, defaults to the entries in the deployment descriptors. --dropandcreatetables drops existing tables and creates tables during deployment for application using unmapped CMP beans. If not speci- fied, the tables will be dropped if the drop-tables-at-undeploy entry in the cmp-resource element of the sun-ejb- jar.xml file is set to true. The new tables are created if the create-tables-at-deploy entry in the cmp-resource element of the sun-ejb-jar.xml is set to true. On redeploy the tables created by the previous deploy are dropped before creating the new tables. OPERANDS
dirpath path to the directory containing the exploded format of the deployable archive. Example 1: Using deploydir asadmin> deploydir --user admin --passwordfile passwords.txt --host localhost --port 4848 --force=true --precompilejsp=true /home/temp/sampleApp Command deploydir executed successfully Where: theexploded application to be deployed is in the /home/temp/sampleApp directory. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-deploy(1AS), asadmin-undeploy(1AS), asadmin- enable(1AS), asadmin-disable(1AS), asadmin-list-components(1) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-deploydir(1AS)