Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Break output file into three files Post 302985746 by cpolikowsky on Monday 14th of November 2016 08:30:48 PM
Old 11-14-2016
Break output file into three files

Help! Smilie

I am getting an output file that looks similar to below.

Code:
EMAIL_ADDR
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
user@gmail.com
DATABASENAME
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
db1
db2
db3
db4

RoleName
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dbrole1
dbrole2
dbrole3
dbrole4
dbrole5

I would love to get three files:
file1.txt - with contents being:
Code:
user@gmail.com

file2.txt - with contents being:
Code:
db1
db2
db3
db4

file3.txt - with contents being:
Code:
dbrole1
dbrole2
dbrole3
dbrole4
dbrole5

I know how to cut off the top line of the file but I am not sure how to parse the files to make them look like this.

ideas?

Last edited by Don Cragun; 11-15-2016 at 12:19 AM.. Reason: Add CODE and ICODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break a file into separate files

Hello I am facing a scenario where I have a file with XML content and I am running shell script over it. But the problem is the XML is getting updated with new services. In the below scenario, my script takes values from the xml file from one service name say ABCD. Since there are multiple, it is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Output to 1 file from more than 2 files

I am currently in FTP. I want to transfer two files and need the out put in One file. Can you help me.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish.s
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to break a file into 2 files after matching a pattern.

Hi, i need to break a file into 2 files afetr matching a pattern for ex. there is a fil, file .txt which contains here i need to look for mat $ demon if it matches then i need to transfer the data into another file till the line in which a "d6s" comes,and i have to delete tat line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manit
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

join lines on line break in files

i had a file where lines appear to be broken when they shouldn't eg Line 1. kerl abc sdskd sdsjkdlsd sdsdksd \ Line 2. ksdkks sdnjs djsdjsd i can do a shift join to combine the lines but i there are plenty of files with this issue Line 1. kerl abc sdskd sdsjkdlsd sdsdksd ksdkks sdnjs... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare two files and output to new file

Hi, Please help How to compare two files- Any mismatches 2nd and 3rd column's values corresponding to 1st column. file1 15294024|Not Allowed|null 15291398|Not Allowed|null 15303292|Dropship (standard)|N 15303291|Dropship (standard)|N 15275561|Store Only|Y 15275560|Store Only|Y... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankita Talukdar
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to break up file (write new files) in bash

Hello experts, I need help writing individual files from a data matrix, with each new file being written every time there is a blank line: From this cat file.txt col1 col2 col3 6661 7771 8881 6661 7771 8881 6661 7771 8881 col1 col2 col3 3451 2221 1221... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To compare two files,Output into a new file

Hi Please help me to compare two files and output into a new file file1.txt 15114933 |4001 15291649 |933502 15764675 |4316 15764678 |4316 15761974 |282501 15673104 |933505 15673577 |933505 15673098 |933505 15673096 |933505 15673092 |933505 15760705 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankita Talukdar
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output result with break line

Hello, I am coding a script to check mysql databases using bash script, I would like to check if the status of a table is not 'OK', will return the table name and do some more actions: check.log table1 OK table2 Some error here table3 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abu Rayane
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line break in sqlplus output through ksh script

Hi, I am new to shell script programming. I have written a ksh script to run the sql File placed in server directory and spool the output in destination directory. Below Command: $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s $ora_uid @$sqlfile_loc$testquery.sql > $opfiledirectory It is generating the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumit Arora
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Output file name and file contents of multiple files to a single file

I am trying to consolidate multiple information files (<hostname>.Linux.nfslist) into one file so that I can import it into Excel. I can get the file contents with cat *Linux.nfslist >> nfslist.txt. I need each line prefaced with the hostname. I am unsure how to do this. --- Post updated at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kentlee65
5 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)