Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Which Product to Choose?
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Which Product to Choose? Post 302985733 by abrogard on Monday 14th of November 2016 04:17:35 PM
Old 11-14-2016
Well I've got Mint running on it now. In fact this is it, I'm using it right now.

It's not a tiger. I suspect perhaps not as quick as XP was when I first put it on this board/cpu (call that a machine, maybe?) but it's quick enough, so far anyway.

We'll see how it goes when we get down the track a bit, audio and video processing.

What it is doing is settling down my mind considerably. That creaking on XP install had me nervous about another hangup all the time.

I began to shun the machine.

Nice to be back on it. It has a good monitor and keyboard.

Nice to be back with Linux again, too, after 20 years. Not that you'd know it nowadays with the GUI, looks just like Windows. But I guess the underlying C will begin to manifest as I go further....

I look forward to it...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup of Product Database

HI, I know its scarey me asking this, but system is homegrown and I am just having fun, but at the same time dont want to have tooo much fun where the phrase "little knowledge is dangerous" perfectly fits my actions ;-). I have a couple of packages that are failing to be removed... #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Student37
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

TrustedMigration product ?

I'm running HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 I've got SOX auditors asking me if we have the TrustedMigration product. I don't know what that is and google isn't being helpful. Can you tell me what this product is (and what it is for) and how to know if my system is running it and/or prove that it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LisaS
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Product instalaltion detail

Hi all experts, I want to find out what oracle product has come with the server and their version detail. We have Solaris 10. Can you tell me what Unix command will full fill this requirement? Thanks, AJ -----Post Update----- please help -----Post Update----- please help guys (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ma466
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

choose y or n

Hi, I have written a choice based shell script some thing like this: if (y) execute code .... fi else if(n) terminating the problem with the above scripting is it will work as far as the options are y or n. but i want to reiterate the same code when the user inputs something else... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum product of even/odd lines

Hi, I have a text file like this 6.0000E-02 0.00000E+00 0.0000 0.00000E+00 0.0000 7.0000E-02 5.00000E-10 1.0000 5.00000E-10 1.0000 8.0000E-02 3.00000E-09 0.4082 3.00000E-09 0.4082 9.0000E-02 3.50000E-09 0.3780 3.50000E-09 0.3780 1.0000E-01 1.00000E-09... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
2 Replies
ACPI_ASUS(4)						 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual					      ACPI_ASUS(4)

NAME
acpi_asus -- Asus Laptop Extras SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device acpi_asus Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): acpi_asus_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The acpi_asus driver provides support for the extra ACPI-controlled gadgets, such as hotkeys and leds, found on recent Asus (and Medion) lap- tops. It allows one to use the sysctl(8) interface to manipulate the brightness of the LCD panel and the display output state. Hotkey events are passed to devd(8) for easy handling in userspace with the default configuration in /etc/devd/asus.conf. Currently, the following Asus laptops are fully supported: xxN A1x A2x A3N A4D A6VM D1x J1x L2B L2D L2E L3C L3D L3H L4E L4R L5x L8x M1A M2E M6N M6R S1x S2x V6V W5A Eee PC Additionally, acpi_asus also supports the Asus-compatible ATK0100 interface found in Samsung P30/P35 laptops. SYSCTL VARIABLES
The following sysctls are currently implemented: hw.acpi.asus.lcd_brightness Makes the LCD backlight brighter or dimmer (higher values are brighter). hw.acpi.asus.lcd_backlight Turns the LCD backlight on or off. hw.acpi.asus.video_output Sets the active display to use according to a bitwise OR of the following: 0 No display 1 LCD 2 CRT 4 TV-Out Some models also support video switching via the generic acpi_video(4) driver. Most models do not, however. Defaults for these variables can be set in sysctl.conf(5), which is parsed at boot-time. SEE ALSO
acpi(4), acpi_video(4), sysctl.conf(5), sysctl(8) The acpi4asus Project, http://sourceforge.net/projects/acpi4asus/. HISTORY
The acpi_asus driver first appeared in FreeBSD 5.3. AUTHORS
The acpi_asus driver and this manual page were written by Philip Paeps <philip@FreeBSD.org>. Inspiration came from the acpi4asus project started by Julien Lerouge which maintains a driver implementing this functionality in the Linux kernel. BSD
December 17, 2008 BSD