Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Need to upgrade Debian 7.8 to Debian 8.5 (Not 8.5) Post 302985613 by Don Cragun on Saturday 12th of November 2016 05:21:39 PM
Old 11-12-2016
I don't use Debian nor Debian's apt-get utility, but the -t=target_release, install pkg=package_version_number/target_release, and remove pkg=package_version_number/target_release options would seem to be good options to investigate.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

debian help

ok -- i've got the main install done, but when it goes to set up apt, i can't get to an http or ftp server to get the packages. seems my dns isn't working. problem is -- i have no way, or at least don't know a way, to get into any sort of gui, in which i think i could get it going myself. i'm stuck... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aenemated
1 Replies

2. Debian

Debian Sarge ?

I have a Debian Woody and I will installing debian Sarge. It's good decysion ? How difference is in Sarge?? thanks CYA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kezzol
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command for debian OS

Hi All, I am unable to find the command for knowing the RAM size on debian os. Also i am unable to use the command shutdown on command line. it asks for the following options: cloud9:~# shutdown Usage: shutdown time -a: use /etc/shutdown.allow ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauri
6 Replies

4. Debian

Debian Help

It says that these files should be written to a floppy: Studenten Net Twente - Index of /debian/dists/etch/main/installer-i386/current/images/floppy/ How would all of those fit onto a floppy? Could I write a CD instead? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
8 Replies

5. Debian

Debian Isos

Hi Guys, I'm new to Linux and Debian (Solaris is by bag). Anybody know where I can download a set of installation cd's/dvd's for Debian from (latest stable release please). Thanks in advance Marty (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
3 Replies

6. Debian

Installing Debian

I'm trying to install Debian to a partition on my hard drive. I have my computer booted into Knoppix from a CD and I'm using it to download the necessary files to create an install disk that I can boot from (on a USB memory stick). Here is what someone on another forum told me to do: Are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
0 Replies

7. Debian

Can't see anything after debian loads

Hey, I recently installed Debian on a desktop PC but when it starts I can't see anything (the monitor say no signal). I don't have any idea or even a way to figure out what going on here since I can't see anything at all not even the console. Is there something that I missed in the install, or is... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: neur0n
22 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vnc4server on debian

Hello, Lately installed vnc4server on debian, however it listens only to ipv6, how is it possible to force vnc4server to listen both ipv4 and ipv6 ? the cat /proc/sys/net/ipv6/bindv6only returns 0 debian stable 6.0.1 thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hachik
2 Replies

9. Debian

Can't Login to Debian 8.1

I installed Debian 8.1:cool: with Xubuntu as dual boot :D... During installation of Debian 8.1 i skipped user account creation :confused: ...now i can't login to Debian 8.1 :(:eek: ..help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zorion10
1 Replies
UPGRADE-SYSTEM(8)						 Debian GNU/Linux						 UPGRADE-SYSTEM(8)

NAME
upgrade-system - Command for upgrading and sanitizing a Debian system SYNOPSIS
upgrade-system DESCRIPTION
upgrade-system is an APT front-end that simplifies regular upgrading of Debian systems, only requiring an administrator's intervention whenever updated packages necessitate the configuration of new features. USAGE
upgrade-system is run from the command line shell by the administrator. It performs the following actions: o Resynchronize the list of available packages. o Upgrade all packages to their newest version. o Remove all obsolete package dependencies. o Clean retrieved archives off the APT cache. ENVIRONMENT
Setting the FLAUSCH environment variable enables useful advanced system sanitization features. See upgrade-system.conf(5) for more details. FILES
/etc/upgrade-system.conf AUTHORS
Copyright (C) 2003-2004 Martin Zdrahal <martin.zdrahal@konflux.at> Copyright (C) 2004,2012 Christoph Schindler <hop@30hopsmax.at> Copyright (C) 2004-2012 Martin-Eric Racine <martin-eric.racine@iki.fi> LICENSE
GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. SEE ALSO
apt(8), upgrade-system.conf(5). http://q-funk.iki.fi 2004-02-16 UPGRADE-SYSTEM(8)