Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Global/Zones patching Post 302985498 by baladelaware73 on Thursday 10th of November 2016 11:24:59 AM
Old 11-10-2016
Correcting my statement below.
For "Sparse Zone" type, all kind of patches have to be applied at Global and Zone level.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to access ENV variables of non global zones in global zone???

Hi Guys, My requirement is I have file called /opt/orahome/.profile in non global zone. PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:. export PATH PS1="\${ORACLE_SID}:`hostname`:\$PWD$ " export PS1 EDITOR=vi export EDITOR ENV=/opt/orahome/.kshrc export ENV... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Help req for Patching on Solaris 10 Zones

Hi Experts, Can advise on this: Global zone running on solaris 10, & the local zones on top running on solaris 9, but we need to patch the solaris 9 local zones & also the solaris 10 global zone. Which should be patched first to avoid any crash in case, first local zones... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fizan
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Advanced Sysconfig use when building non-global zones in Solaris 11

I'm in an LDOM. I'm building non-global IP exclusive zones. I am using manifests and profiles to configure the system after install so I don't have to tab through the sysconfig startup dialog everytime I boot a system the first time for settings that never change (DNS, regional data, NTP etc). I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Network / global zones (Solaris 10 / 8) config recommendations

I have a few non-globa zones running in a 10.10.xx.xx network on a machine that is on a 192.168.xx.xx network. My goal is to allow each of the non-global zones to communicate to each other while not communicating on the 192.168.xx.xx network. I am using the current version of Solaris 10 in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BradJM
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 - rexplorer and Non-Global zones

Hi all - not really a problem as such, but just hoping someone can shed some light. We point rexplorer to multiple Global zones and it works as expected. However, each Non-Global zone get around a hundred of root su'ing to root messages, i.e.: SU 07/14 03:02 + ??? root-root SU 07/14 03:02 +... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone

I am planning to do solaris 11 global zone patching having solaris 10 branded zone. I have a doubts on step 8 specially Can someone clear my step 8 doubts or if anything wrong between step 1 to step 9 please correct that also as I have pretty good idea about Step 10 mean patching in solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies
dat_pz_free(3DAT)				     Direct Access Transport Library Functions					 dat_pz_free(3DAT)

NAME
dat_pz_free - destroy an instance of the Protection Zone SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -ldat [ library... ] #include <dat/udat.h> DAT_RETURN dat_pz_free ( IN DAT_PZ_HANDLE pz_handle ) PARAMETERS
pz_handle Handle for an instance of Protection Zone to be destroyed. DESCRIPTION
The dat_pz_free() function destroys an instance of the Protection Zone. The Protection Zone cannot be destroyed if it is in use by an End- point, LMR, or RMR. Use of the handle of the destroyed Protection Zone in any subsequent operation except for dat_pz_free() fails. RETURN VALUES
DAT_SUCCESS The operation was successful. DAT_INVALID_STATE Parameter in an invalid state. The Protection Zone was in use by Endpoint, LMR, or RMR instances. DAT_INVALID_HANDLE The pz_handle parameter is invalid. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: uDAPL, 1.1, 1.2 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libdat(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 16 Jul 2004 dat_pz_free(3DAT)