Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract information from file Post 302985429 by ctsgnb on Wednesday 9th of November 2016 12:42:45 PM
Old 11-09-2016
Sorry but it's unclear. Please give a short and comprehensive example of what you have, what you want, and what you've tried.
By respect for those who reads you, also take the time to explain the logic of the expected result, rather than waiting for people to download/unzip and auto-magically decipher your needs.

Thanks for your understanding
This User Gave Thanks to ctsgnb For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a piece of information from a huge file

Hello All, I need some assistance to extract a piece of information from a huge file. The file is like this one : database information ccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccc os information cccccccccccccccccc cccccccccccccccccc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcor
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract and format information from a file

Hi, Following is sample portion of the file; <JDBCConnectionPool DriverName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver" MaxCapacity="10" Name="MyApp_DevPool" PasswordEncrypted="{3DES}7tXFH69Xg1c=" Properties="user=MYAPP_ADMIN" ShrinkingEnabled="false" ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujoy101
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract information from Log file formatted

Good evening! Trying to make a shell script to parse log file and show only required information. log file has 44 fields and alot of lines, each columns separated by ":". log file is like: first_1:3:4:5:6:1:3:4:5:something:notinterested second_2:3:4:3:4:2 first_1:3:4:6:6:7:8 I am interested... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummie55
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create shell script to extract unique information from one file to a new file.

Hi to all, I got this content/pattern from file http.log.20110808.gz mail1 httpd: Account Notice: close igchung@abc.com 2011/8/7 7:37:36 0:00:03 0 0 1 mail1 httpd: Account Information: login sastria9@abc.com proxy sid=gFp4DLm5HnU mail1 httpd: Account Notice: close sastria9@abc.com... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract information from a log file (last days)

I'm still new to bash script , I have a log file and I want to extract the items within the last 5 days . and also within the last 10 hours the log file is like this : it has 14000 items started from march 2002 to january 2003 awk '{print $4}' < *.log |uniq -c|sort -g|tail -10 but... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: matarsak
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract various information from a log file

Hye ShamRock If you can help me with this difficult task for me then it will save my day Logs : ================================================================================================================== ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilvesterJ
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract information from a file?

Hi, i have a file like this: <Iteration> <Iteration_iter-num>3</Iteration_iter-num> <Iteration_query-ID>lcl|3_0</Iteration_query-ID> <Iteration_query-def>G383C4U01EQA0A length=197</Iteration_query-def> <Iteration_query-len>197</Iteration_query-len> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_simpsons
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract information from txt file

Hello! I need help :) I have a file like this: AA BC FG RF TT GH DD FF HH (a few number of rows and three columns) and I want to put the letters of each column in a variable step by step in order to give them as input in another script. So I would like to obtain: for the 1° loop:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: edekP
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract information from file

In a particular directory, there can be 1000 files like below. filename is job901.ksh #!/bin/ksh cront -x << EOJ submit file=$PRODPATH/scripts/genReport.sh maxdelay=30 &node=xnode01 tname=job901 &pfile1=/prod/mldata/data/test1.dat ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedanta
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk script to extract transcript information from gff3 file

I need help to extract transcript information from gff3 file. Here is the input Chr01 JGI gene 82773 86941 . - . ID=Potri.001G000900;Name=Potri.001G000900 Chr01 JGI mRNA 82793 86530 . - . ID=PAC:27047814;Name=Potri.001G000900.1;pacid=27047814;longest=1;Parent=Potri.001G000900... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maduranga
6 Replies
DIFFINDEX-DOWNLOAD(1)													     DIFFINDEX-DOWNLOAD(1)

NAME
diffindex-download - Download utility for Debian Contents files SYNOPSIS
diffindex-download [ options ] URL filename DESCRIPTION
diffindex-download is a command line tool for downloading Contents files. It uses APT's diff/Index format patches when available to avoid downloading the full file. diffindex-download is used by apt-file. OPTIONS
-n number If more than number patches would be necessary, download the whole file. Specifying 0 to always download the whole file is possible. -k Don't verify the peer certificate when using https. -c cacert If cacert is a directory: Use cacert as CA certificate path. Otherwise use cacert as CA certificate bundle. See the --capath and --cacert options in the curl(1) man page. -i Don't exit with errror if the URL does not exist. This is useful as some archives don't provide Contents files. -q Be quiet (opposite of -v). The default if stdout is not a terminal. -v Be verbose (opposite of -q). The default if stdout is a terminal. -d Print additional debug info. -h Display a short help screen. SEE ALSO
apt-file(1), diffindex-rred(1), curl(1) AUTHOR
diffindex-download was written by Stefan Fritsch <sf@debian.org>. January 2009 DIFFINDEX-DOWNLOAD(1)