Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract information from txt file Post 302985357 by greet_sed on Tuesday 8th of November 2016 12:27:59 PM
Old 11-08-2016
Can you try the below one ?

Code:
 while read var1 var2 var3 ; do echo var1:$var1 var2:$var2 var3:$var3; done < file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract and format information from a file

Hi, Following is sample portion of the file; <JDBCConnectionPool DriverName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver" MaxCapacity="10" Name="MyApp_DevPool" PasswordEncrypted="{3DES}7tXFH69Xg1c=" Properties="user=MYAPP_ADMIN" ShrinkingEnabled="false" ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujoy101
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract from txt file

I have data as follow in the txt file. I want to skip line starting with '#' sign. #command program abc defmt exp refmt ... ... I want to store abc exp .... in a array. I want to store defmt refmt in a array I need command to read each line in the file. I need... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekb
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract numbers from .txt file

I need to extract all the p-value numbers and the rho numbers from a .txt file and write them as coma separated values in a new file. Ideally I would get two files in the end, one for p- values and one for rho. Any suggestions? I appreciate your help!!! The .txt file looks essentially like this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eggali
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract various information from a log file

Hye ShamRock If you can help me with this difficult task for me then it will save my day Logs : ================================================================================================================== ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilvesterJ
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read userid and password information from txt file

Hi Experts, I am writing a shell script (for displaying disk space details) which is logging to 15 different servers using following command. ssh userid@servername It is prompting me for password for all 15 servers when I manually run it. However , soon I would like to schedule this script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to extract all columns except the last few from a txt file

hello, i have publicly available txt file with little less than 300000 rows. i want to extract from column 1 to column 218 and save it in another text file. i use the cut command but the file is saved with multiple rows from the source file onto a single row in the destination. basically it is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: madrazzii
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i sort a .txt file without loosing the header information?

Hi, I'm trying to sort 2 different .txt tab delimited files with the command line: sort -k 1b,1 inputfile > outputfile But doing that i'm also sorting the header (that ends at the end of my file). How can i sort a .txt file without sorting the header but conserving the header in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisrpp
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract information from a file?

Hi, i have a file like this: <Iteration> <Iteration_iter-num>3</Iteration_iter-num> <Iteration_query-ID>lcl|3_0</Iteration_query-ID> <Iteration_query-def>G383C4U01EQA0A length=197</Iteration_query-def> <Iteration_query-len>197</Iteration_query-len> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_simpsons
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract information from file

Gents, If is possible please help. I have a big file (example attached) which contends exactly same value in column, but from column 2 to 6 these values are diff. I will like to compile for all records all columns like the example attached in .csv format (output.rar ).. The last column in the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract information from file

In a particular directory, there can be 1000 files like below. filename is job901.ksh #!/bin/ksh cront -x << EOJ submit file=$PRODPATH/scripts/genReport.sh maxdelay=30 &node=xnode01 tname=job901 &pfile1=/prod/mldata/data/test1.dat ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedanta
17 Replies
ICNS2PNG(1)							   User Commands						       ICNS2PNG(1)

NAME
icns2png - convert Mac OS icns files to png images SYNOPSIS
icns2png [-x|-l] [options] [file ... ] DESCRIPTION
icns2png extracts images from mac .icns files, and exports them to png format. OPTIONS
-l, --list List the contents of one or more icns images -x, --extract Extract one or more icons to png images -o, --output Where to place extracted files. If not specified, icons will be extracted to the same path as the source file. -d, --depth Sets the pixel depth of the icons to extract. (1,4,8,32) -s, --size Sets the width and height of the icons to extract. (16,48,etc) Sizes 16x12, 16x16, 32x32, 48x48, 128x128, etc. are also valid. -h, --help Displays this help message. -v, --version Displays the version information EXAMPLES
icns2png -x anicon.icns # Extract all icon found in anicon.icns icns2png -x -s 48 anicon.icns # Extract all 48x48 32-bit icons icns2png -x -s 32 -d 1 anicon.icns # Extract all 32x32 1-bit icons icns2png -l anicon.icns # Lists the icons contained in anicon.icns AUTHOR
Written by Mathew Eis COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001-2008 Mathew Eis This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. icns2png 1.5 March 2008 ICNS2PNG(1)