Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with Shell Scrip in Masking particular columns in .csv file or .txt file using shell script Post 302985144 by Mahesh G on Sunday 6th of November 2016 10:31:45 AM
Old 11-06-2016
Data Sample

say one of the .csv file contains two columns DOB and TAX at 5 th and 10 th position. The script has these two column names hard coded.

Now the .csv file has data as shown below:

DOB format : 9999-12-12 (All dob columns will have this value)

Tax id : xxxx-xx-xx (All tax related id columns will have this format value)

Before masking

Code:
19990205  123468
20150314  524278
20061231  569874

Now after masking

Code:
9999-12-12 xxx-xx-xx
9999-12-12 xxx-xx-xx
9999-12-12 xxx-xx-xx

Please let me know if more information is required

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 11-06-2016 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to edit txt file by shell script?

What I want to do is just delete some lines from a text file, I know it's easy using copy and redirect function, but what I have to do is edit this file (delete the lines) directly, as new lines may be added to the text file during this period. Can AIX do this ? # cat text 1:line1 2:line2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dupeng
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Load data into the database using a .csv file and .ctl file

Since i'm new to scripting i'm findind it difficult to code a script. The script has to be an executable with 2 paramters passed to it.The Parameters are 1. The Control file name(.ctl file) 2. The Data file name(.csv file) Does anybody have an idea about it? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Csmani
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to combine two files into one file using shell scrip

eg. file 1 has: 4 0 8628380 653253 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 8626407 655222 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 0 8633729 647892 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 0 8646253 635367 0 0 0 0 0 0 file 2 has: 4798 48717 11554 5408 56487 14359 6010 58415 15220 5541 41044... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netbanker
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of below Tabs Tex file into CSV format file : shell script needed

Request if some one could provide me shell script that converts the below "input file" to "CSV format file" given Name Domain Contact Phone Email Location ----------------------- ------------------------------------------------ ------- ----- ---------------------------------... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Get file name in shell scrip loop: bad substitution

Hi guys. Good day, morning, afternoon or night, depending on where you live. I have a script shell in which I am looping on files (absolute path) see code section above. I always have an error: bad substitution. :wall: Is it because my variable file is the index of the loop and not a normal... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soueric
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send an email from the txt file

Hi Friends, Could you guys help me out of this problem... I need to send an email to all the users and the email has to be picked from the text file. text file contains the no. of records like: giridhar 224285 847333 giridhar276@gmail.com ramana 84849 33884 venkata.ramana@gmail.com... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

C-Shell script help reading from txt file

I need to write a C-Shell script with these properties: It should accept two arguments on the command line. The first argument is the name of a file which contains a list of names, and the second argument is the name of a directory. For each file in the directory, the script should print the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cerce
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for .Txt to .csv conversion with data processing

Hi experts, I want to convert a txt file having rows and columns (CNAI_DUMP_raw.txt) by comparing it with another text file (paramaters.txt) and generate a output in CSV which contains only 3rd column from CNAI_DUMP_raw.txt, and the columns mentioned in parameters.txt. FYI: There are two... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautam Banerjee
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to filter records in a zip file that contains matching columns from another file

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question. I have two files. file1.zip, file2 Input: file1.zip col1, col2 , col3 a , b , 0:0:0:0:0:c436:9346:d40b x, y, 0:0:0:0:0:880:39f9:c9a7 m, n , 0:0:0:0:0:80c7:9161:fe00 file2.txt col1 c4:36:93:46:d4:0b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil.v
1 Replies
STAG-DB(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       STAG-DB(1p)

NAME
stag-db - persistent storage and retrieval for stag data (xml, sxpr, itext) SYNOPSIS
stag-db -r person -k social_security_no -i ./person-idx myrecords.xml stag-db -i ./person-idx -q 999-9999-9999 -q 888-8888-8888 DESCRIPTION
Builds a simple file-based database for persistent storage and retrieval of nodes from a stag compatible document. Imagine you have a very large file of data, in a stag compatible format such as XML. You want to index all the elements of type person; each person can be uniquely identified by social_security_no, which is a direct subnode of person The first thing to do is to build an index file, which will be stored in your current directory: stag-db -r person -k social_security_no -i ./person-idx myrecords.xml You can then use the index "person-idx" to retrieve person nodes by their social security number stag-db -i ./person-idx -q 999-9999-9999 > some-person.xml You can export using different stag formats stag-db -i ./person-idx -q 999-9999-9999 -w sxpr > some-person.xml You can retrieve multiple nodes (although these need to be rooted to make a valid file) stag-db -i ./person-idx -q 999-9999-9999 -q 888-8888-8888 -top personset Or you can use a list of IDs from a file (newline delimited) stag-db -i ./person-idx -qf my_ss_nmbrs.txt -top personset ARGUMENTS -i INDEXFILE This file will be used as the persistent index for storage/retrieval -r RELATION-NAME This is the name of the stag node (XML element) that will be stored in the index; for example, with the XML below you may want to use the node name person and the unique key id <person_set> <person> <id>...</id> </person> <person> <id>...</id> </person> ... </person_set> This flag should only be used when you want to store data -k UNIQUE-KEY This node will be used as the unique/primary key for the data This node should be nested directly below the node that is being stored in the index - if it is more that one below, specify a path This flag should only be used when you want to store data -u UNIQUE-KEY Synonym for -k -p PARSER This can be the name of a stag supported format (xml, sxpr, itext) - XML is assumed by default It can also be a module name - this module is used to parse the input file into a stag stream; see Data::Stag::BaseGenerator for details on writing your own parsers/event generators This flag should only be used when you want to store data -q QUERY-ID Fetches the relation/node with unique key value equal to query-id Multiple arguments can be passed by specifying -q multple times This flag should only be used when you want to query data -top NODE-NAME If this is specified in conjunction with -q or -qf then all the query result nodes will be nested inside a node with this name (ie this provides a root for the resulting document tree) -qf QUERY-FILE This is a file of newline-seperated IDs; this is useful for querying the index in batch -keys This will write a list of all primary keys in the index -w WRITER This format will be used to write the data; can be any stag format (xml, sxpr, itext) - default XML. Can also be a module that catches the incoming stag event stream and does something with it (for example, this could be a module you write yourself that transforms the stag events into HTML) SEE ALSO
Data::Stag For more complex stag to database mapping, see DBIx::DBStag and the scripts stag-storenode selectall_xml perl v5.10.0 2008-12-23 STAG-DB(1p)