Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Bad substituion error : Dont understand why Post 302985006 by SIMMS7400 on Thursday 3rd of November 2016 01:01:07 PM
Old 11-03-2016
Oh I see my issue - I didn't have the correct naming convention in there for the PLOGPATH & PERRORPATH variables. I'm stupid!

Thanks for the tip!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

dont understand

i'm trying to learn unix and i posted a question and what i was typing from school. i can't figure it out. how am i supposed to learn , when i get shutdown by an admin. for posting a homework question. doesn't make any sense. its a dumb rule. thanks for helping (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AtomJ22
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Env Variable substituion in Sed (-s option)

Folks, I've been trying to use the ENV variable with slashes(/) in its value inside the sed substitution.. Sed 's/myval/'$MYVAL'/' file1 >> file.tmp If MYVAL=<sometext>, it works. if MYVAL=/home/venkat, it doesnt. *************************** bash-2.05$ export VAL=/home/venkat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvsreddy_539
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Arrays and Substituion

@xray =~ s/^ *//g; @xray =~ s/ *$//g; @xray =~ s/\s+/ /g; Guess I have a two part question ... First Is there a way to make substitutions, remove leading spaces, trailing spaces, and crunch multiple spaces into a single space, to the entire array, or must the substitutions be done on on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tough Substituion command

I have lines like: Mg2.qns W=0.175u Mg2.qpsb W=0.175u Mg4.qns W=0.175u Mg4.qpsb W=0.175u Which I need to become: Mg2.qns W=wmg2qns Mg2.qpsb W=wmg2qpsb Mg4.qns W=wmg4qns Mg4.qpsb W=wmg4qpsb To acheive this individually line by line I use a command like:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggggdddd
3 Replies

5. Solaris

bad substituion error

Dear All i am getting "bad substituion" error in the follwing piece of code when i run from crontab.however it works if i run directly from my machine. #!/bin/bash for i in `cat abc` do part1=${i:0:12} ; part2=${i:13:27} ; echo "$part1,$part2">> def done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asadlone
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I can't understand sed error output.

Hey forum, I have a problem with a script what used to work, but suddenly is not working anymore. I have been trying different things for an hour now and I give up :D . #!/bin/sh asukoht=`pwd` template=$1 for values in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mario8eren
4 Replies

7. Programming

Need help with this c++ source code! DOnt understand what some stuff mean.

Okay so I am just starting programming c++. I just started started to red "C++ for Dummies yesterday and theres a lot of things I do not understand from this book and this source code especially. I will first post the full source code and then post questions about certain thing, usually what they... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orszhak
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i dont know how to solve this error

can while do make aloop as do while in c language ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: teefa
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable in awk substituion

I have a file with 20 blank spaces. I want to substitute each blank space for a string, and part of that string should include an incremental number Code while read line3 do awk -v var=${line3} '{i=var; sub("^]*$", "\\&\n@target G0.S"'$i'"\n@type xy"); print $0}'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to understand perl error

I am trying to begin to troubleshoot this perl error that I keep getting, yet I get output is produced. The error is Use of uninitialized value in join or string line 175, <MANNO> line 7138 and below is line 175: I am not too sure what the error is but since not every line has an error on it, I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)