Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Mismatch free() / delete / delete [C++] Post 302984981 by SA_Palani on Thursday 3rd of November 2016 10:53:37 AM
Old 11-03-2016
Code Mismatch free() / delete / delete [C++]

Dear All,

I got the valgrind report as below [c++]

Code:
Mismatch free() / delete / delete []
at 0x4006895: operator delete(void*) (vg_replace_malloc.c:480)
by 0x8EA6D11: corefunction.

I supect that it is expect me to write free() instead of delete p1.
Given the the code.

I have the structure.

Code:
struct Pack
{
    unsigned int A;
    unsigned int B;
    unsigned int c;
    unsigned int D;    
}

int corefunction()
{

Pack *p1=new Pack;
    I filled the value for the p1 object.
    I called a virtual funcion by passing the p1 like this
    Send((void*)p1); //

if(p1)
        delete p1;    // Here is the place where i have the doubt that wheher is it expecting to deallocate with free().

return 0;
}    

bool Send(void* &get_SendData) 
{  
    sendNextLevel(get_SendData  )
}

char* sendNextLevel(void* data)
{
                dataLen = sizeof(PackedSysTime);

Pack* txData = NULL;
                    txData = (Pack*)data;
}

since we have converted void pointer to struct without new operator like c-style casting, does it expecting us to write free while we deallocate the memory

Thank you.

Last edited by Corona688; 11-03-2016 at 12:05 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Space free on tape /delete a single file on tape

Hi, I' using a sun solaris server, I would like to known if there is the possibility to control how many space is free on a tape and how I can delete a single file on a tape. Thanks DOMENICO (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete content in a file (delete content only)

Hi Friends I have a file called processLog.txt file processLog.txt --------------- echo "line starts "$LINE suppCode=${LINE:0:3} #gatewayArchive=`scp root@mrp-gateway:/usr/local/apache/data/PLAT/MIMUS/upload/PROD/archive/112042708173000.txt /home/krishnaveni/scripts/tempFolder` #echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete this?

# netstat -rn Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irtt Iface 10.171.5.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 bond0 10.181.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 U 0 0 0 bond0 168.354.0.0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK "delete" does not free memory?

In my awk script I have a big array, it can occupy up to 10 gigabytes of memory, but after I have deleted the array, the memory is not returned to the system? why's that? how to return the memory to the system? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete text between square brackets and also delete those square brackets using sed or awk

Hi All, I have a text file which looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I want to get rid of these square brackets and also the text that is inside these brackets. So that my final text file looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I am using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & DELETE ZIPS older than 12 months

ENVIROMENT Linux: Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) iPlanet: iPlanet-WebServer-Enterprise/6.0SP1 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs I have iPlanet log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zachs
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies

9. Programming

Mismatched free() / delete / delete [] line no missing

Could you tell me the possibilities of the reason to get the Mismatched free() / delete / delete . I unable to see the line no in the valgrind report. it displays the function name. with that function name, I am not able to find where exactly the issue is there.I am getting the Mismatched free()... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync with --delete but do not delete peer dirs on target

rsync with --delete won't honor the delete if the source is something/*. I want the delete to work, but not to delete directories on the target that are peer to the intended directory. For example, using these source and target file structures: Source on desktop: ~/ Money/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JavaMeister
4 Replies
CLAN(1) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   CLAN(1)

NAME
Carp::Clan - Report errors from perspective of caller of a "clan" of modules SYNOPSIS
carp - warn of errors (from perspective of caller) cluck - warn of errors with stack backtrace croak - die of errors (from perspective of caller) confess - die of errors with stack backtrace use Carp::Clan qw(^MyClan::); croak "We're outta here!"; use Carp::Clan; confess "This is how we got here!"; DESCRIPTION
This module is based on ""Carp.pm"" from Perl 5.005_03. It has been modified to skip all package names matching the pattern given in the "use" statement inside the ""qw()"" term (or argument list). Suppose you have a family of modules or classes named "Pack::A", "Pack::B" and so on, and each of them uses ""Carp::Clan qw(^Pack::);"" (or at least the one in which the error or warning gets raised). Thus when for example your script "tool.pl" calls module "Pack::A", and module "Pack::A" calls module "Pack::B", an exception raised in module "Pack::B" will appear to have originated in "tool.pl" where "Pack::A" was called, and not in "Pack::A" where "Pack::B" was called, as the unmodified ""Carp.pm"" would try to make you believe ":-)". This works similarly if "Pack::B" calls "Pack::C" where the exception is raised, etcetera. In other words, this blames all errors in the ""Pack::*"" modules on the user of these modules, i.e., on you. ";-)" The skipping of a clan (or family) of packages according to a pattern describing its members is necessary in cases where these modules are not classes derived from each other (and thus when examining @ISA (as in the original ""Carp.pm"" module) doesn't help). The purpose and advantage of this is that a "clan" of modules can work together (and call each other) and throw exceptions at various depths down the calling hierarchy and still appear as a monolithic block (as though they were a single module) from the perspective of the caller. In case you just want to ward off all error messages from the module in which you ""use Carp::Clan"", i.e., if you want to make all error messages or warnings to appear to originate from where your module was called (this is what you usually used to ""use Carp;"" for ";-)"), instead of in your module itself (which is what you can do with a "die" or "warn" anyway), you do not need to provide a pattern, the module will automatically provide the correct one for you. I.e., just ""use Carp::Clan;"" without any arguments and call "carp" or "croak" as appropriate, and they will automatically defend your module against all blames! In other words, a pattern is only necessary if you want to make several modules (more than one) work together and appear as though they were only one. Forcing a Stack Trace As a debugging aid, you can force ""Carp::Clan"" to treat a "croak" as a "confess" and a "carp" as a "cluck". In other words, force a detailed stack trace to be given. This can be very helpful when trying to understand why, or from where, a warning or error is being gener- ated. This feature is enabled either by "importing" the non-existent symbol 'verbose', or by setting the global variable "$Carp::Clan::Verbose" to a true value. You would typically enable it by saying use Carp::Clan qw(verbose); Note that you can both specify a "family pattern" and the string "verbose" inside the ""qw()"" term (or argument list) of the "use" state- ment, but consider that a pattern of packages to skip is pointless when "verbose" causes a full stack trace anyway. BUGS
The ""Carp::Clan"" routines don't handle exception objects currently. If called with a first argument that is a reference, they simply call ""die()"" or ""warn()"", as appropriate. perl v5.8.0 2002-09-29 CLAN(1)