Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problems with filesharing between Solaris and Windows Server Post 302984918 by LauraKtz on Wednesday 2nd of November 2016 04:03:17 PM
Old 11-02-2016
Problems with filesharing between Solaris and Windows Server

Hi. I'm new here and new at using Solaris and I've been having some problems with file sharing between Windows Server 2012 and Solaris 10. I will really appreciate your help.

So my Windows Server (WS) 2012 has just three activated services: DNS, DHCP and Active Directory. Solaris too three activared services: DNS, DHCP and Samba

So the problem is this: In WS I create an user on Active Directory and a folder that I share with that user giving him read/write permission level.

When I access there I can see the folder but I can't write anything

Can you tell me how can I allow Solaris 10 to edit that file?

If i'm not being clear, please tell me, I really need to solve this

And sorry for bad english, i'm not native speaker

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copying a file from Solaris to Windows 2003 server

Hello, I am really new to solaris and I want to know the easiest way to copy a file from a solaris server to an Iomega NAS running windows 2003 server. Can I map the drive on the windows box so the solaris server can see it. Any advice would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akula81
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Coppying a file from Solaris to Windows 2003 server

Hello, I am really new to solaris and I want to know the easiest way to copy a file from a solaris server to an Iomega NAS running windows 2003 server. Can I map the drive on the windows box so the solaris server can see it. Any advice would be appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akula81
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Copy Folders from Sun Solaris to Windows server.

Hi, I have a folder with diff subfolders in my Unix box and now I want to ftp all the floders into my Windows machine. Is there any easy way to do that. When I use the "mget " cmd and try to FTP the files, it throws an error that the sub folder name does not exist. Can you someone help in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu_kalari
3 Replies

4. Linux

NFS Server FC7 Solaris client problems!

Hi, my problem is that I am not able to grand the nfs directory on a Fedora 7 server to a standard solaris client. I always got the messages no permission. Important: No change on the client (Solaris) is possible! So I am not able to change the NFS Version on the client side to force the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joerg
3 Replies

5. Debian

Usually problems with Windows Explorer in w2k3 over server Debian 3.0

Hi. I have problems sometimes going to "My Network Places" in the Windows Explorer. Sometimes works OK and sometimes appears an Explorer.exe Application Popup: <<The instruction at "0x10004160" referenced memory at "0x10004160". The memory could not be "read">> and the Explorer go out or is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: luisben
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

Usually problems with Windows Explorer in w2k3 over server Debian 3.0

Hi. I have problems sometimes going to "My Network Places" in the Windows Explorer. Sometimes works OK and sometimes appears an Explorer.exe Application Popup: <<The instruction at "0x10004160" referenced memory at "0x10004160". The memory could not be "read">> (Event ID: 26 at the Windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: luisben
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Dual boot SOlaris 10 and Windows server 2003

Hi, I am doing a build for dual boot server with Solaris 10 and Win2K3 server. I have the solaris 10 installed already and have to the windows 2003 installation now. Just wanted to know its just running a new 2003 build or anything different. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
12 Replies

8. Solaris

Key authentication between solaris & windows server.

Hi Gurus I have a solaris box from which i will have to sftp into a windows box. I have installed core ftp server in the windows box and so am able to log in. My problem is that,I have to enable password less authentication between solaris box and this core ftp server. How do i do this? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
1 Replies

9. Solaris

NTFS under Solaris (switching from windows to Solaris server)

I want just to keep Solaris OS as my default OS . I have installed linux and windows as well but all my critical data is stored on NTFS partition so question is how to mount HDD with NTFS on Solaris (tried FUSE + NTFS-3g but that did`t worked for me system was down) And why Solaris does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Is a Solaris dhcp server better than windows?

hi, we are moving to dhcp from a static ip and i'm thinking which should best be the DHCP server? i have a windows 2003 server and a solaris 10 running on sun's m5000 server. Note to pinoy43v3r: Your avatar was NSFW. We changed it. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinoy43v3r
5 Replies
dhcp_modules(5) 					Standards, Environments, and Macros					   dhcp_modules(5)

NAME
dhcp_modules - data storage modules for the DHCP service DESCRIPTION
This man page describes the characteristics of data storage modules (public modules) for use by the Solaris Dynamic Host Configuration Pro- tocol (DHCP) service. Public modules are the part of the DHCP service architecture that encapsulate the details of storing DHCP service data in a data storage service. Examples of data storage services are NIS+, Oracle, and ufs file systems. Public modules are dynamic objects which can be shipped separately from the Solaris DHCP service. Once installed, a public module is visi- ble to the DHCP service, and can be selected for use by the service through the DHCP service management interfaces (dhcpmgr(1M), dhcpcon- fig(1M), dhtadm(1M), and pntadm(1M)). Public modules may be provided by Sun Microsystems, Inc or by third parties. The Solaris DHCP service management architecture provides a mechanism for plugging in public module-specific administration functionality into the dhcpmgr(1M) and dhcpconfig(1M) utilities. This functionality is in the form of a Java Bean, which is provided by the public module vendor. This Java Bean collects public module-specific configuration from the user (you) and provides it to the Solaris DHCP service. The Solaris DHCP service bundles three modules with the service, which are described below. There are three dhcpsvc.conf(4) DHCP service configuration parameters pertaining to public modules: RESOURCE, PATH, and RESOURCE_CONFIG. See dhcpsvc.conf(4) for more information about these parameters. SUNWfiles This module stores its data in ASCII files. Although the format is ASCII, hand-editing is discouraged. It is useful for DHCP service envi- ronments that support several hundred to a couple thousand of clients and lease times are a few hours or more. This module's data may be shared between DHCP servers through the use of NFS. SUNWbinfiles This module stores its data in binary files. It is useful for DHCP service environments with many networks and many thousands of clients. This module provides an order of magnitude increase in performance and capacity over SUNWfiles. This module's data cannot be shared between DHCP servers. SUNWnisplus This module stores its data within a NIS+ domain. It is useful in environments where NIS+ is already deployed and facilitates sharing among multiple DHCP servers. This module suports several hundred to a few thousand clients with lease times of several hours or more. The NIS+ service should be hosted on a machine with ample CPU power, memory, and disk space, as the load on NIS+ is significant when it is used to store DHCP data. Periodic checkpointing of the NIS+ service is necessary in order to roll the transaction logs and keep the NIS+ service operating at its highest efficiency. See nisping(1M) and crontab(1) for more information. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), dhcpconfig(1M), dhcpmgr(1M), dhtadm(1M), nisping(1M), pntadm(1M), dhcpsvc.conf(4), dhcp(5) Solaris DHCP Service Developer's Guide SunOS 5.10 24 Jan 2003 dhcp_modules(5)