Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read line from serial device with BASH Post 302984915 by Chalk-X on Wednesday 2nd of November 2016 03:05:08 PM
Old 11-02-2016
Yes, I've tried that read command. All I get is a blinking cursor...have to use cntrl-c to bail out and get back to prompt. Can you elaborate more on defining delimiter?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

serial port device path

hi. Im trying to install a switch. And the manual says i should type a command including a SerialPortDevicePath. which is the filepath to serial port used for connection. However.. nothing about how to find this info. Could anyone help me where to find this path? thx mr.T (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tyskertøs
6 Replies

2. Linux

Device serial number

Hey! I'm trying to figure out a sollution for a problem I have at my company with an Iomega MiniMax 500 GB USB disk. If i run cat /proc/bus/usb/devices I get this information: T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=04 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 5 Spd=480 MxCh= 0 D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 9.04 Serial application to telnet to serial device

Hello! I am working on an application which reads environmental instruments which have serial ports. The application requires a serial port to be present to talk to the device (i.e. /dev/ttyS0 ). In some instances the environmental devices will be 100's of yards away from the computer, so a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvona
5 Replies

4. Programming

Problem with read data from serial device

I have problem with C programming. I want to send & receive data through serial communication. I send data(command) to device to get data from device but when receive data, it can't get altogether of data. It get only some data. What should I do to get altogether of data? If all of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: noppon_s
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: read file line by line (lines have '\0') - not full line has read???

I am using the while-loop to read a file. The file has lines with null-terminated strings (words, actually.) What I have by that reading - just a first word up to '\0'! I need to have whole string up to 'new line' - (LF, 10#10, 16#A) What I am doing wrong? #make file 'grb' with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

6. SCO

Modifying serial printers device

I am trying to change one of my serial printers from /dev/ttyr002 to /dev/ttyr014: lpstat -s device for check3: /dev/ttyr002 device for check4: /dev/ttyr002 I changed the tty setting for check3 in: /etc/printcap /var/spool/lp/admins/lp/printers/check3 to /dev/ttyr014 Then I get:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash while read line

I have a script batch_vmdgenpqr.sh which has a problem: #!/bin/bash while read line do vmd.sh -dispdev text -e vmdgenpqr.tcl -args $line done<file The do line calls another program, VMD (called by vmd.sh) and it requires the values from $line, but this is not recognised by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to read a file from particular line till required line and process

Hi All, Am trying to write wrapper shell/bash script on a utility tool for which i need to pass 2 files as arugment to execute utility tool. Wraper script am trying is to do with above metion 2 files. utility tool accepts : a. userinfo file : which contains username b. item file : which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] read 'line' issue with leading tabs and virtual line breaks

Heyas I'm trying to read/display a file its content and put borders around it (tui-cat / tui-cat -t(ypwriter). The typewriter-part is a 'bonus' but still has its own flaws, but thats for later. So in some way, i'm trying to rewrite cat using bash and other commands. But sadly it fails on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

With script bash, read file line per line starting at the end

Hello, I'm works on Ubuntu server My goal : I would like to read file line per line, but i want to started at the end of file. Currently, I use instructions : while read line; do COMMAND done < /var/log/apache2/access.log But, the first line, i don't want this. The file is long... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fuziion
5 Replies
GPIO(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   GPIO(4)

NAME
gpiobus -- GPIO bus system SYNOPSIS
To compile these devices into your kernel and use the device hints, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device gpio device gpioc device gpioiic device gpioled Additional device entries for the ARM architecture include: device a10_gpio device bcm_gpio device imx51_gpio device lpcgpio device mv_gpio device ti_gpio device gpio_avila device gpio_cambria device zy7_gpio device pxagpio Additional device entries for the MIPS architecture include: device ar71xxx_gpio device octeon_gpio device rt305_gpio Additional device entries for the POWERPC architecture include: device wiigpio device macgpio DESCRIPTION
The gpiobus system provides a simple interface to the GPIO pins that are usually available on embedded architectures and can provide bit banging style devices to the system. The acronym GPIO means ``General-Purpose Input/Output.'' The BUS physically consists of multiple pins that can be configured for input/output, IRQ delivery, SDA/SCL iicbus use, etc. On some embedded architectures (like MIPS), discovery of the bus and configuration of the pins is done via device.hints(5) in the platform's kernel config(5) file. On some others (like ARM), where FDT(4) is used to describe the device tree, the bus discovery is done via the DTS passed to the kernel, being either statically compiled in, or by a variety of ways where the boot loader (or Open Firmware enabled system) passes the DTS blob to the kernel at boot. The following device.hints(5) are only provided by the ar71xx_gpio driver: hint.gpio.%d.pinmask This is a bitmask of pins on the GPIO board that we would like to expose for use to the host operating system. To expose pin 0, 4 and 7, use the bitmask of 10010001 converted to the hexadecimal value 0x0091. hint.gpio.%d.pinon This is a bitmask of pins on the GPIO board that will be set to ON at host start. To set pin 2, 5 and 13 to be set ON at boot, use the bitmask of 10000000010010 converted to the hexadecimal value 0x2012. hint.gpio.function_set hint.gpio.function_clear These are bitmasks of pins that will remap a pin to handle a specific function (USB, UART TX/RX, etc) in the Atheros function registers. This is mainly used to set/clear functions that we need when they are set up or not set up by uBoot. Simply put, each pin of the GPIO interface is connected to an input/output of some device in a system. SEE ALSO
gpioiic(4), gpioled(4), iicbus(4), gpioctl(8) HISTORY
The gpiobus manual page first appeared in FreeBSD 10.0. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Sean Bruno <sbruno@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
November 5, 2013 BSD