Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP C8000 with HP-UX 10.20
Operating Systems HP-UX HP C8000 with HP-UX 10.20 Post 302984851 by vbe on Tuesday 1st of November 2016 10:49:22 AM
Old 11-01-2016
What I see is that aC8000 is a pure 64 bit machine, and I dont remember if you had a 10.20 in 64 bits, as I always had 10.20 in 32 bit even for first 64 bits compatible box like K3XX series, then at the time of 10.20 there were no PCI slots nor could I remember of ultraSCSI the boxes had FW-SCSI2 perhaps and HSC expansion.., I would not say its impossible, but I would start by looking for the last HP 10.20 archive ( dec 2001 I think ) and look what firmware upgrades wer given, then look if any extra patches ( firware were released ) you could use to be compatible, and of course look in you can run in 32bit as it was possible with the first generations of PA8000 but here you have a PA 8800....

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP UX 11i and HP C8000

Hey, i want install HP UX 11i on HP C8000. When i start the C8000 i get a prompt. On this Prompt i write BOot P1 P1 is my DVD-ROM (IDE). I get the Message "ERROR: Not a boot path". When i write SEArch the Prompt said: P0 scsiA.6 HP73.4MAT3073NP P1 ide.1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: numx
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Help needed HP UX 11.11i new install on C8000 Desktop messaging system error CAN'T FIX

Hi, I have a HP UX C8000 box , have installed 11.11i from 4 x cds numerous times to try to get a functioning Network or to try and get rid of this error on start up, after new install and 1st startup I get an error "The desktop messaging system could not be started" and then advice about... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: C8000
12 Replies
PCITWEAK(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PCITWEAK(1)

NAME
pcitweak - read/write PCI config space SYNOPSIS
pcitweak -l pcitweak -r PCI-ID [-b|-h] offset pcitweak -w PCI-ID [-b|-h] offset value DESCRIPTION
Pcitweak is a utility that can be used to examine or change registers in the PCI configuration space. On most platfoms pcitweak can only be run by the root user. OPTIONS
-l Probe the PCI buses and print a line for each detected device. Each line contains the bus location (bus:device:function), chip vendor/device, card (subsystem) vendor/card, revision, class and header type. All values printed are in hexadecimal. -r PCI-ID Read the PCI configuration space register at offset for the PCI device at bus location PCI-ID. PCI-ID should be given in the form bus:device:function, with each value in hexadecimal. By default, a 32-bit register is read. -w PCI-ID Write value to the PCI configuration space register at offset for the PCI device at bus location PCI-ID. PCI-ID should be given in the form bus:device:function, with each value in hexadecimal. By default, a 32-bit register is written. -b Read or write an 8-bit value (byte). -h Read or write a 16-bit value (halfword). SEE ALSO
scanpci(1) AUTHORS
David Dawes (dawes@xfree86.org). XFree86 Version Version 4.3.0 PCITWEAK(1)