Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script suggestion
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Script suggestion Post 302984834 by RudiC on Tuesday 1st of November 2016 09:13:39 AM
Old 11-01-2016
I guess you meant to write
Code:
printf "$a %s $c\n" ${b//,/ }

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Suggestion

As I was just pondering to myself I relized that emergency's do happen and there are times when people need an anwser to their problem ASAP. So what i was thinking why not add a live chat to this board this way people could chat amongst each other in real time. I know this could be done with a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tovsky
1 Replies

2. Programming

I want a suggestion

I am a student and I love the computer very much , especially in programming. However I know little about programming . I don't know which I should learn (JAVA and C++). Would you like to give me a suggestion ? Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: camel
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need your suggestion please..

can anyone rite here guide me. i want to know which reference books that all of you recommended for C Shell dummies like me...(beginner) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unknown2205
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

suggestion on shell script on copy with xargs

Hi, i am trying to copy files except the latest, my script goes here #! /bin/bash # to copy control files to a local DR server # copy latest files of archive #modified on 26-03-2009 # --get today date dt=` date +"%Y_%m_%d"` --get yesterdays date adt=`(date --date='1 day ago'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saha
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need your suggestion

Hi all: I need your suggestion about how to making this script Purpose:- Monitor log for the system OS: Unix Sun Solaris 10 Hold oracle database 10 g Life time for the system cycle to 48 hours the system working as the follow 1- the system is divided into three steps 2-... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellsh
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestion to replace a part of script

I have the part of script: if ; then make_command="make -f $temp_file" print $make_command; err_file="${sym_objdir}error.log" $make_command 2>$err_file; cat $err_file; ] && ] && exit 1; exit 0 fi ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajay_84
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OS suggestion

Hello, I'm working on a Linux 2.6.32-33-server (Ubuntu 4.4.3). I typed in man -k package and got e.g. apt I typed in apt --help and got: The program 'apt' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing: sudo apt-get install openjdk-6-jdkI don't understand where this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daWonderer
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestion with script to cleanup

I need help with sed and awk scripts to search for Symmetrix ID=000090009902 and then grep its child disk devices associated to the dead paths and display them only, so that those dead devices can be removed. test01:/#powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=hdiskpower0 Symmetrix ID=000090009902... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Suggestion

I am trying to get output for fcs0 fcs1 side by side with "Date" "FCAdapter_Name" "Last Reset" "DMA_Res" "Adapter_Count" "Command_Res" for all the captured output in fcstat.out Am I missing any thing below, as its just showing same values all the coloums: #!/usr/bin/ksh head -30 fcstat.out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need Help suggestion for script...

Using the korn shell in ubuntu or fedora, I need to compare two forms, each from different files and do the following, form-1 is the dominant form and must be compared to form-2, if the value in field1 of form-1 matches exactly the pre-filled in value in field1 of form2 then I display 'already... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smth333
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)